Solo/Duo and Team Ranked Requirements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lovefall

10-17-2012

Up! this idea should implemented.

Arcticfury

10-18-2012

Your numbers are arbitrary. I have put some thought in this, win totals does not equal ability, even the worst trolls end up with wins, and with enough time and enough games they'll hit 300. ADC players will hit your numbers before most other players, support last, and really support is a position that is overlooked. They initiate, cc, heal, etc. so that the carries win games. Even with assists they won't have nearly as many monsters and minions kills since they let their ADC get last hits. So at 50 minion kills per game that's 1600 games. Even 100 minions is 800 games which is unrealistic.

Something should happen, but don't we have a tribunal for this? Doesn't the ELO help remove these players? I believe dodging is actually what keeps these players a problem. You dodge them until they get what they want and then they play. If you don't dodge they end up losing or being reported.

Yes your ELO takes a temporary hit but if you belong at a certain ELO you'll move right back up the next game, they won't because the next round they'll lose again, unless someone dodges over and over until the trolls get what they want. Call their bluff.

But as for minimum requirements, yes. 16 champs, full rune pages and full masteries should be their only options to choose from. But if someone with only 5 runes is in your ELO then I think we should discuss other problems, such as how they achieved your ELO and you aren't higher to start. Lolking has your solo ELO at 1194, 177 wins and 177 losses, not sure if this is accurate, perhaps this is your frustration because the new people start with 1200.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31387373#profile

I'm an analyst, actually an accounting analyst, so I'll try to do my best here and will play the Devil's advocate. So if you're playing with a bunch of new people at the 1200 ELO placement, then it could be that you are getting a lot of new players to the ranked queue and therefore have new people on your team. This is your frustration from what I'm reading. However, you should have (law of large numbers) a larger number of opponents that are new players (25% more to be exact). Reason is that you, in theory, are not new (354 games ranked solo 5v5), you have 4 teammates that can be new and 5 opponents. So according to the law of large numbers, you should be able to differentiate yourself from the group, because your ability should slowly sway your teams to more victories than losses. Also, if you had a good duo then there should be 33% more newbies on the opposing team.

Conclusion is, that you either need a better duo, Riot has singled you out to have all newbies and the opposing team all ranked studs because odds and chance eliminate the possibility that you only get bad teammates and awesome opponents, or that for some reason you belong in the 1200 range.

So if Riot implements some sort of threshold for new players, then it stands to reason you'd be playing tougher opponents, would that truly help your ELO move up?

Lovefall

10-18-2012

Actually, what you just told me if it can be true.

Most of the games I've played in solo ranked duo, has been with people who have less than 100 games in ranked, on many occasions I carry the match, either be jungler know buffs times, driving time reswpown dragon and baron, buying vision wards or oracle's to eliminate the map visibility of the enemy team, or ganking much and force the enemy player to lose the line, but also on many occasions this happens, also the opposite occurs (I have the same amount of wins to losses), people without runes, players who claim to "top lane", and enemy playerd kill them before level 3 who he doesn't know how to survive in their line without dying, and many many factors.

It's easy to try to lead the group and give advice to people, and I have done on many occasions, but the issue is frustrating when you see that even so with all the help you can give to your team, continue to commit the same mistakes.

The numbers are sociable, but I think is a good number, I can be wrong.

But consider that a person with less than 200 normal wins, I get to level 30 or just playing custom games vs AI cop, where the difficulty is minimal, the bots do not use the grass to hide and throw skills, bots don't go after a wall and use flash to escape to you, bots don't wait in the grass in front of baron to expect the enemy team to force a teamfight, those things I think you learn in 5v5 team, or in normal, where the vast most people respect the "betagame" adc + Support bot, Ap mid, Top and Jungle Fighter.

Arcticfury

10-18-2012

Even so, if these people got to level 30 with no pvp experience or runes, and they end up playing pvp they'll drop ELO quickly, meaning they won't keep playing at the 1200 level. It may be really bad luck on your part, you may have had a higher rating and then dropped due to bad luck. But with over 300 games in ranked you should be able to move out of the rut and not have to face these guys.

So here's my suggestion, because over 50+ games ELO should more than separate these people. Find a good duo partner, someone that you mesh well with, be prepared to fill the whole, and try winning 75% of your games, you'll move out of these people's range.

Lovefall

10-18-2012

I know

Thank u.

Lovefall

10-18-2012

UP!

Lovefall

10-19-2012

Yesterday when I went to my university, I started thinking.

What happens if these requirements are made according to the role that you select before starting the queue ranked.

If you are Adc

2 full rune pages
200 wins in normal games
Monsters and minions kills 60.000
10.000 takedowns

If you are Top or Mid

2 full rune pages
200 wins in normal games
Monsters and minions kills 50,000
9000 takedowns

If you are Jungle

2 full rune pages
200 wins in normal games
Monsters and minions kills 40,000
6000 takedowns

If you are Support

2 full rune pages
200 wins in normal games
Monsters and minions kills 20,000
6000 takedowns

When starting the game, I get a pop-up where you must select the roles, may be more than one, but the AD carry is the one with more requirements.

Ps: the numbers are sociable, it's just a idea.

Lovefall

10-19-2012

Up Again

Arcticfury

10-19-2012

Once again, all arbitrary, won't necessarily improve the community of ranked play.

And if it does change ranked play, then you're going to have tougher opponents. It won't help you personally is my opinion. Ranked is a shock to those new to it, it is a much higher skill set. Making them come in later just means they have longer to learn bad habits, longer to not get to that higher level.

Lovefall

10-20-2012

I don't understand why u say "arbitrary" if I say that the numbers are sociable.

16 Champs to play ranked isn't arbitrary?.