Darius is still OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

09-23-2012

but if you really think you got some proof post it here

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...us+op+prove+it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rephiscorth View Post
well, i read all your post and you didnt debate about darius, you said stuff like "nautilus dont pulll, shen's not a tank.." dude the post is about darius being op. so you sound like someone trying to defend darius. i'm guessing a darius player. he's op bro
I asked for proof once, nobody could provide any I couldnt debunk. I got him after someone wanted me to try him but then they offered two rune pages for the price of one and they did auto refunds! so I traded darius for 2 rune pages... cuz he was so much fun and powerful

misread your post but I just went ahead and answered everything without really argueing if he was op or not. Youre just insistant on calling him op to the point it doesn't matter if you have an answer to him or not. Btw youd know this if you actually read all the post


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rhinoriega

Junior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
feeding on that sexy gankbait is never useless. Theres nothing he can do about it.

If you can escape him and spam sustain you win
if you can kite him you win
if you can outdamage him be it raw damage or net damage per second after factoring in CC you win
I said you actually agreed that you can counter him, just like every champion he is counter able, what I find unsettling about the champion is the fact that you can own him in lane, and he will not perform poorly during late game, unlike every other champion. I can't tell how many times I've totally destroyed him early game, and he still carries from mid game forward just because he is Darius.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombiemaster

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rephiscorth View Post
even tho they nerfed his pasive, i dont know why people stopped complaining on forums about his ulti. BUT HE IS STILL OP. at lvl 6, a darius who is 0/5 own a carry 7/0 with that 1k damage ulti. please nerf. thanks
I am sorry, but at level 6, Darius's ult can't do 1k damage unless he has 454 AD, and not even AD carries get that high. I know you're exaggerating, but at least keep the numbers slightly reasonable.

Anyway:
1.) Darius's grab has a much shorter range than Nautilus's or Blitzcrank's. It's 550 range, shorter than most AD carries' AA range, and those he can catch all have ways to escape it, so AD carries shouldn't be getting caught by it.
2.)Cho'gath's ult may do less damage, but that's only if Darius can get 5 bleed stacks on his target, which takes a while. Plus Cho'gath has more CC than Darius. Darius has a pull with very short range and a slow, both not very significant, but Cho has a knock up with a slow and a 3 second silence at max rank, a lot better in teamfights than Darius's CC.
3.)Like you said, Ignite does true damage, Darius's passive does magic damage, so his passive won't do much mid or late game when people starting getting some MR.
The others I can't really say much about.

If you build tanky Darius, then he will survive in teamfights, but he won't be dealing much damage outside of his ult, even with all the armor penetration that he has. The only damage items that I've seen people build on him are Frozen Mallet, Trinity Force, and sometimes Atmas Impaler, and those don't give you much AD. You say he deals a lot of damage when he builds tanky, but he really doesn't. Example, I played Darius and I had Frozen Mallet and Trinity Force. In a teamfight, I managed to get to the enemy AD carry, hit with my Q (with the extra damage from the blade), then auto-attacked into a W. I did about 300-350 damage, with the Trinity Force proc, and the only armor item he had was a Guardian Angel. That's how weak Darius is late game without his ult.

To counter him, play Kayle or Teemo top and you will be able to harass and kite him all day. Use wards to protect from ganks, and because he has no escape, call your jungler for a gank and you should be able to kill or at least make him burn flash. His laning phase isn't even that strong until level six. Levels 1 and 2 he can be strong, but you should be stronger after that until 6, in which just poke him and don't engage in a fight, unless you're Kayle then you can completely block his ult with yours. Seriously, he's very easy to beat in lane and completely useless late game except for his ult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rephiscorth View Post
well, i read all your post and you didnt debate about darius, you said stuff like "nautilus dont pulll, shen's not a tank.." dude the post is about darius being op. so you sound like someone trying to defend darius. i'm guessing a darius player. he's op bro
I debated everything you called OP of him whit proofs. I don't like darius, he is very unfun to me, either on my team or on the enemy. He is by not means OP, just good to beat newbies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoriega View Post
I said you actually agreed that you can counter him, just like every champion he is counter able, what I find unsettling about the champion is the fact that you can own him in lane, and he will not perform poorly during late game, unlike every other champion. I can't tell how many times I've totally destroyed him early game, and he still carries from mid game forward just because he is Darius.
What I said was the opposite, there's always a point. You wanna know the real reason why darius can do that? Its because people don't know how to play, not completely anyways. Ill put it this way. I've seen ppl go something like 10/0/0 and not understand how the game works beyond how to play their champ and their team ends up losing simply because one player on the other team does understand better than anyone on the fed champs team.

How is this possible? No its not cuz anybody on the knowledgeable players team is fed, its because people who get kills without understanding the game waste their advantage all day long.

Why do you have to keep chasing the carry?
Why should a tank die to protect certain champs?
Why do people rush mid and never leave after laning? Is this even a smart thing to do? Is sticking together really a smart thing or no?

The answer to these questions tells you why darius can catch up. Darius isn't gonna get any weaker just because you killed him and if he takes somebody down with him he gets something out of it. A profit even. By clustering together you only raise his odds of getting a chance since for every one champ in one lane the enemy can usually afford to send one more.

Wanna know how I deal with a fed darius? Wanna know how I do it even if my team is nothing but noobs?

I give them these simple instructions.

1. Keep all three lanes occupied as he cannot do much without help and can't be in r lanes at once... I think, anythings possible if hiemer is there.

2. Do not engage him without need. Harrass if you can, your goal is to stall him. Don't worry if a tower falls. Just make sure it takes effort to knock it down as lategame darius is fueled by kills and especially advantagious situations not stalemates that don't allow him to scale as well as a carry not that he really even could after experience level differences become irrelevant lategame

3. If they rush a lane do not rush to that lane at best we need 3 in one lane unless we actually believe we can kill them without an advantage. Why 3? Because two unchecked champs can knock down 2 towers more easily than 5 contested ones can knock down 1 plus the 5 have to share the gold and exp gained from minions and the dragon is not very well guarded either if their all in one lane.

Leave out all the extra explanation and you have a quick easy macro answer to a team with a fed darius or fed anyone who matters as little as darius does. Its a bit different if the fed enemy has global presence or support abilities of something. Or if its a carry. Darius has jack**** so who cares if he's fed. Drag the game out, there's a limit to power based off max levels and item slots at which point the number of carries and supporting power (power not support champs per se) you've got will decide the victor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blissless

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Darius is basically 2012's Tryndamere 2.0: TrynaQQ Harder. People are never going to stop b1tching about him any more than the Earth'll stop revolving around the Sun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissless View Post
Darius is basically 2012's Tryndamere 2.0: TrynaQQ Harder. People are never going to stop b1tching about him any more than the Earth'll stop revolving around the Sun.
Ironically the earth will eventually stop revolving around the sun lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blissless

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Ironically the earth will eventually stop revolving around the sun lol
I'm not sure if Riot's servers'll last that long, dude.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

My Desired Name

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Whoever thinks Darius is not OP should go die in a hole.

He can build pure tank and do as much damage as a carry, it doesn't even make sense.

People who build AD on Darius are stupid. He doesn't scale well with AD and he's useless if he's squishy. His damage output won't even go up that much.