Darius is still OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rephiscorth

09-23-2012

even tho they nerfed his pasive, i dont know why people stopped complaining on forums about his ulti. BUT HE IS STILL OP. at lvl 6, a darius who is 0/5 own a carry 7/0 with that 1k damage ulti. please nerf. thanks

kronvict

09-23-2012

I admit he is a right pain in the arse but with a tiny bit of kiting you can just laugh all day.

Black Lister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

Easy kill. L2counter

RagnatheBloodedg

09-23-2012

First problem, Darius somehow got in range of a carry.

Rephiscorth

09-23-2012

yeah, he got closer to carry with his integrated pull skill (E i think).

what i mean is: some things in the game have some features:

blitzcrank and nautilus can pull a player
cho'gath can do 500 true damage with ulti
ignite do damage over time, true damage.
runes give you a lot of armor penetration
champs like amumu, shen are real tanks

but the thing is darius has all those things. AD darius sucks and can easily be countered cuz he's squishy.

but if somebody build tank darius, he's literally unstopable, cause he'll tank all damage you can do, he'll penetrate 25% of your armor, deal damage, his passive will 'ignite' you, then he'll use ignite on you, and then boom, 1.3k ulti.

if I am wrong, then please tell me how to counter that. thanks

rhinoriega

09-23-2012

Countering him is useless. He is not a champ you can cripple early game and he will stay low the entire game. There are sure counters against him, but from mid game onward, he WILL feed with the other champs that aren't his direct counter, even if the other champion is fed... that's just so downright Darius. I think that's an indication he is pretty OP, beside the fact that his ulti is just an spammable version of Garen's, and its true damage.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rephiscorth View Post

but the thing is darius has all those things. AD darius sucks and can easily be countered cuz he's squishy.

but if somebody build tank darius, he's literally unstopable, cause he'll tank all damage you can do, he'll penetrate 25% of your armor, deal damage, his passive will 'ignite' you, then he'll use ignite on you, and then boom, 1.3k ulti.

Quote:
can naut pull? i think he pulls himself to you. Anyways both are skillshots, dodge fast or dont lane alone because you lack an important skill for doing this. If you get caught and dont die have a plan to escape or fight in case you get a second chance.
Quote:
500 hp is nothing special. Its the rest of his kit that leads to the finisher you need to avoid.
Quote:
500 hp is nothing special. They give up having a utility spell to do some extra damage over time
Quote:
runes give extra armor
Quote:
shen is not a tank and amumu is not a tank just because he can take a hit. If thats all tanks did theyd be called shields. Tanks break enemy lines and disable them.

Quote:
but the thing is darius has all those things
no, darius has some true damage, thats it. He just outbuilt you and has true damage to back him up. Seriously, I can copy his build on ahri or ashe and get silly results if people dont know how to deal with it. Feeding him makes it a bit harder as well, but no he has maybe ignite and some true damage and runes.. nothing special. Avoid him and kill him if you have a plan. Its that simple. If you don't let someone else handle it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoriega View Post
Countering him is useless. He is not a champ you can cripple early game and he will stay low the entire game. There are sure counters against him, but from mid game onward, he WILL feed with the other champs that aren't his direct counter, even if the other champion is fed... that's just so downright Darius. I think that's an indication he is pretty OP, beside the fact that his ulti is just an spammable version of Garen's, and its true damage.
feeding on that sexy gankbait is never useless. Theres nothing he can do about it.

If you can escape him and spam sustain you win
if you can kite him you win
if you can outdamage him be it raw damage or net damage per second after factoring in CC you win

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

Quote:

Blitz and Naut has 1000 range. Darius has 400. Most ADC has 500 or more.
Cho's ult deal almost the same damage that darius one, don't need 5 stack of anithing to do the damage, give you HP, and has fairly less CD if Darius don't get a kill.
Ignite is a SS. Twitch has a DoT true damage. Darius has a DoT magic damage, so, it don't scale whit itself.
Darius has 25% Arpen at lvl 18 (or 9 if he goes wrong whit skill order). Darius don't need it, because, as you say, almost all his dmg is his ult and passive.
Darius don't have CC at all. Mumu and Shen has, better durability, and better overall team utility.

So, overall, darius is worse than Blitz and Naut pulling, his ult is not competitive vs cho's one, Ignite was a wtf example, his arpen is not usefull on him, and he is not a tank. How someone like him can be op?
He need like 450 AD to deal 1300 ult damage.

How to counter him? Kite him, build mobility, don't let him be faster than you, because if he catch you, usually he will get the kill. Build GA, most darius waste his ult on it, or don't have enough damage to kill you if don't. You need some CC (don't matter if soft or hard, every CC, from blind and silence to stun and knockback) to reduce his chances to get a kill.

Rephiscorth

09-23-2012

well, i read all your post and you didnt debate about darius, you said stuff like "nautilus dont pulll, shen's not a tank.." dude the post is about darius being op. so you sound like someone trying to defend darius. i'm guessing a darius player. he's op bro