Xerath or Brand

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xJLx MCHammer

09-24-2012

Go with Brand. He has nearly the same dmg as Xerath but I feel as if you aren't as easy to kill as Xerath. honestly, the only thing you have that can as you when playing Xerath is using the effects from E and Q to stun the opponent.

He is a huge mana drain in early game so you Q and E shouldn't be used as much. By late game, you are strong especially if you farmed from Wraiths and Minions nicely. However, like i said, most people pick you off too easily. Positioning is really important. Yes, you do have long range but in most team fight (mid-late game), players are standing in one spot. They are moving back and worth, left to right. If you activate W to get that extra long range and MRR, and team moves back for that 1 second, you will get ganked easily.

Personally, the more skilled the opponent is, the less viable Xerath becomes. His Q's are easy to dodge because it gives the opponent the animation where it will hit. Unless you opponent doesn't know it's easy to dodge.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrael27

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJLx MCHammer View Post
Go with Brand. He has nearly the same dmg as Xerath but I feel as if you aren't as easy to kill as Xerath. honestly, the only thing you have that can as you when playing Xerath is using the effects from E and Q to stun the opponent.

He is a huge mana drain in early game so you Q and E shouldn't be used as much. By late game, you are strong especially if you farmed from Wraiths and Minions nicely. However, like i said, most people pick you off too easily. Positioning is really important. Yes, you do have long range but in most team fight (mid-late game), players are standing in one spot. They are moving back and worth, left to right. If you activate W to get that extra long range and MRR, and team moves back for that 1 second, you will get ganked easily.

Personally, the more skilled the opponent is, the less viable Xerath becomes. His Q's are easy to dodge because it gives the opponent the animation where it will hit. Unless you opponent doesn't know it's easy to dodge.
you have a point, but you kinda don't.... yes Xerath's only form of cc is a 2 spell stun, but Brand has exact same thing..... except xerath's q goes over minions... so technically Xerath's stun is better than Brands, and since Xerath has such long range he has the ability to snipe people, Brand can do about same dmg, but cannot snipe. and yes, both take good positioning, but it's really not that bad rooting yourself, since you can root yourself, then get q off and get out of root in less than 2 sec. i've even gone down to bot before to gank, and when the mf on enemy team went to recall, i just went behind wall and sniped.... the couldn't do anything, by the time they saw lines under them, they were dead. another time i was chasing 2 runners, yes, i was chasing with Xerath, and i rooted myself under turret and q, and sniped them both at same time while they were off screen. that same game i ****ing ran in their based and sniped them before they got to fountain, and just walked out since that was the ace. aslong as you have good positioning, Xerath can be very good. teamfight is going on, and suddenly you ult from behind a wall almost killing every single enemy, then ur team finishes, and if any enemies try to run, you just snipe them.... just depends what you prefer, getting up and using a circular skill shot and bouncing ult, or circular ult and straight skil shot that goes passed minions and can have increased range.