Rengar went from trash to top? wrong. here is what happened:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rephiscorth

09-23-2012

well to be honest, he was the only non-OP champ they released since darius, so obviously they HAD to buff him to make him OP, just like the other ones (: next move = new rengar skin yay ~ (sarcasm)

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-23-2012

I suspect the number one reason rengar gets fed is that people dont realize he has a defensive buff. Actually I dont even think his buff has any visible signs that its still active or not

ScrewF4ce

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
I suspect the number one reason rengar gets fed is that people dont realize he has a defensive buff. Actually I dont even think his buff has any visible signs that its still active or not
You sir would be correct as I've been at half hp several times only to burst down someone full hp that was foolish enough to "chase" me into bushes... (THERE IS NO ESCAPE... MUAHAHAHAHAHAH) that buff is a life saver.

To the second part of the statement if one knows anything about him you would know its up after he cast his "W".

Zenmetsu Saseru

09-23-2012

I agree with the reasoning behind this thread. When I had Rengar at release I was garbage with him, died too often and just barely got to even out my KD. Even then I was lucky. Now I know how to play him and like when I first started playing this game with Vayne (totally backwards playthrough) I started to get wins. A Olaf in 3's called me OP after I killed him once (with a lot of help) and before then he killed me in three hits as first blood. Later I dominated the game because I farmed every monster camp before the other team had the chance to. I didn't win because Rengar can own the field like Xin, I won because I worked my ass off for it.

deirin

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmetsu Saseru View Post
I agree with the reasoning behind this thread. When I had Rengar at release I was garbage with him, died too often and just barely got to even out my KD. Even then I was lucky. Now I know how to play him and like when I first started playing this game with Vayne (totally backwards playthrough) I started to get wins. A Olaf in 3's called me OP after I killed him once (with a lot of help) and before then he killed me in three hits as first blood. Later I dominated the game because I farmed every monster camp before the other team had the chance to. I didn't win because Rengar can own the field like Xin, I won because I worked my ass off for it.
BEFORE PATCH

alright, ill give u the point that, at first, most ppl went dmg on rengar, which suxed cause he was tanky dmg, so his dmg ratio was lower than most champ...so lifesteal and he was no biggy...trading was easy...

mid ap rengar was weird...nearly on par with my morde(well the 1 i faced)

AFTER PATCH

now it fells that his dmg went up its like...hes on par if not more than an actual ad assasin+ the tankiness

WHY I THINK HE IS OP

like was with my morde: lvl 12 vs lvl 11 im like ok hes strong slightly fed(I was fed too...had 2 kills mid + the farm he owned top..)...so like i wanna fight him under tower...lured him under tower, im 100% hp and BAM didnt even had time to ulti with morde or flash all my hp gone in 1 sec...thats like...wow...idk how he did it but like its weird
its kinda worse than old tryn...least him he got some cd between each critical attack

Zenmetsu Saseru

09-23-2012

Mordekaiser does that. Not sure how Rengar is "overpowered" though from your statement..

Masakan

09-23-2012

Fighting against rengar just makes me not wanna play top lane anymore. Rengar just does so much so quickly you have no time to react and the fact that all he has to do is just camp bushes and he can push you constantly makes it even more overbearing.

The only thing I would do thought is make it so he can't still leap at you if you have bushes warded. That's the main thing You would think he wouldn't be able to still "surprise" someone when they can clearly see his ass. But until then I'll stick with mid and bot. You wanna go top? Go for it.

deirin

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmetsu Saseru View Post
Mordekaiser does that. Not sure how Rengar is "overpowered" though from your statement..
morde can drop in 1 sec ... but from ap... ap got cd...

rengar is like...oh u not dead from spell, well ill auto attack u to death and chase u...oh u attack me back, idc im fkin tanky

Nea De Penserhir

09-23-2012

o.-

Nea De Penserhir

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirin View Post
morde can drop in 1 sec ... but from ap... ap got cd...

rengar is like...oh u not dead from spell, well ill auto attack u to death and chase u...oh u attack me back, idc im fkin tanky
Wait, are we talking about Rengar or Wukong?