How did we come back to blitzcrank supposedly being op again?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stray Logos

09-23-2012

It has been stated before by myself and others, Blitz just has too much going for him. He is a low risk high reward champion who's design makes his opponent's team have to play stupidly passive just to avoid getting killed.

The problem with Blitz is not his damage or durability, its the fact that he has a game changing non ultimate skill on a fairly short cooldown. As I posted in the Blitzcrank is OP thread, you can dodge as many grabs as you like during laning, but the moment he lands even one you are dead. Its this fact combined with his other attributes that make him slightly too strong.

Irelia Bot

09-23-2012

IF you want the reason why blits is banned and leona is not, I'll give the best answer I can.

When you are going to invade the enemy jungle at level one if blitz gets a grab off he will likely get his team first blood. This isn't always the case but it happens enough that it is a problem.

When in lane if you have your lane pushed Leona does not want to rush in to a fight under then enemy turret. Blitz brings the fight to him so there is less damage if he gets a good grab.

It is basically that unless blitz grabs amumu then it is often a kill. That is why he has become a top ban.

Kagami

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
Leona actually used to be more popular, especially in highest ELO, where the fact that Leona's skillshot pierced minions became a much greater advantage.
Yet in platinum elo now, blitzcrank is taken over twice as often as Leona, and a consistently better win rate on top of it.

Her Minion pierced skillshot put herself in danger, where as blitzcrank grab puts the enemy in danger than himself, which is probably why he is generally considered better.

Martyrofsand

09-23-2012

Blitz used to not be so good when Soraka could heal up the damage he would do and make the person he grabbed so tanky any damage they delt afterwards was irrelevent.

Blitz used to not be so good when Sona could heal the damage he would do as well as poke someone to half health with 1 Q and a power chord.

Blitz used to not be so good when Janna could ult someone halfway across the lane and get a full knock up on her Q without having to charge it and keep a persons AD buffed even after the shield was broken.

When what held blitz down got taken away blitz became amazing, go figure.

Invictrix

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
Blitz used to not be so good when Soraka could heal up the damage he would do and make the person he grabbed so tanky any damage they delt afterwards was irrelevent.

Blitz used to not be so good when Sona could heal the damage he would do as well as poke someone to half health with 1 Q and a power chord.

Blitz used to not be so good when Janna could ult someone halfway across the lane and get a full knock up on her Q without having to charge it and keep a persons AD buffed even after the shield was broken.

When what held blitz down got taken away blitz became amazing, go figure.
I think this sums of blitzcranks current situation rather well.