(Role Play Sign Up) Project Revenant

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maragonn

09-23-2012

Hello, my good friends. It's been awhile since I last graced you with my presence . But, no seriously, I want to start off by apologizing for my leaving before and hanging up Vellus, which I may like to start up again if people show interest in doing so. If not, then I have something a little more dark, and grim coming for you.

This is strictly a gathering of ideas, and sign up for would be participants. Before I get this out as a final draft, I'd like to get some opinions first. And in the meanwhile, during the sign up process, which requires a shurelia profile of 1 to two characters per person, I will describe to you the core concept.

Project Revenant is a combined effort from both Zaun and Noxus to create a force powered by Necromancy. A force of undead super soldiers sorta speak. However, unlike Sion, or normal undead, these cannot be animated solely by magic. They require... a more delicate process, and more gentle for the reanimated. Their soul must remain intact.

While this seems impossible, a group of Zaunite scientists and Noxian necromancers believe they have found the means to do just that. The process is dangerous, as they have little idea what to expect. But, recently, they have noticed disturbances in their outpost the Shadow Isles; where they have done countless experiments and endless research on all tiers of undead.

So, I think I will divide this partially into two groups. One group, in the Shadow Isles doing research and trying to learn of the dark disturbances, and the other carrying out the main project in Noxus at the Revenant Facility. Naturally, both will require adequate protection from saboteurs, potential undead threats, and possibly more.

So then, ideas, volunteers, people with suicidal tendencies looking to play with zombies? STEP UP!

Farnbil

09-23-2012

What roles would a regular adventurer have to play?

TeoLeif

09-23-2012

I really want to get Teo involved in this, especially because I haven't gotten involved in an RP like this in a while. Not to mention his possible new mate would take part in this. Though the actual reason he's there would probably be just because he has many friends who'd be involved with it and would want to help out...

Delt Dragon

09-23-2012

Maybe Delt can join to the Shadow Isles group, he know about spirits, and usually travel to Zaun... Also, i'm sure the necromancy is prohibited by the League.

Maragonn

09-23-2012

Well, some of you know that I am rl friends with Del. He and I have different approaches though. He's more non linear, and though I agree with freedom ofRP.. I've seen where he goes wrong more often than not. So with that said, regular adventurers will need to follow a little more fo a strict role. And as I said, I am accepting of ideas Farn. So, throw some at me.

Essentially though, there will be mostly Noxians, Zaunites, mercenaries who are hired to protect them. And the main "antagonist" will be a Revenant. Or the revenant, which why it's in quotes. As I am not entirely sure that he will be bad. Just.... the center of attention.

And of course Teo, I think that he would be great to have. He seems like he, despite the shyness, could bring some light to this potentially dark story.

Maragonn

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delt Dragon View Post
Maybe Delt can join to the Shadow Isles group... Also, i'm sure the necromancy is prohibited by the League.
Necromancy is frowned upon under certain conditions. Sion was an exception. Also, this is an open door project that went through the League's cceptance with the condition Project Revenant would not be used in war, but as an experimental project, and for security purposes. It is strictly research only. On the books.

TeoLeif

09-23-2012

Though he doesn't know any, Teo does have the potential to learn dark music, since the origination of his powers actually comes from a cultist group that praises the god of death. If that means anything. :P His abilities, though, will mainly consist of healing and empowerment or their counterparts (when he's transformed into Forza) or wind.

TheShadowOfChaos

09-23-2012

((I have a grand idea of introducing my two guys, both who will assist the project for money but also for their own reasons....they will either be good or bad for the project itself because of their morals which they live by.))

TeoLeif

09-23-2012

*cough* I know which two guys. ^.^ But if I do get Teo involved, he probably won't join them in the Shadow Isles and instead be considered part of the Noxian area...

Maragonn

09-23-2012

no need for ooc this isn't the rp thread shadow. and introduce away.

Does no one have any ideas to throw in?...

Anyway, the Revenant, who is unnamed currently, will have... unique abilities. And because of the nature of his creation, will mutate at times. Maybe. I'm not quite sure entirely. But overall, whether he is by nature good or bad, he will still walk a fine line because of what he is. He's created, "off the books" to be a murderer, an assassination. And is technically dead, despite being resurrected with his own soul. And though he may try to fight what he is, he may not be able to.

And, I am kinda thinking no to Phantom and Blackheart. There abilities usually appear... endless to me. They seem unstoppable unless a point is made to specifically stop them. I am looking for characters along the lines of powerful, but normal as well.

12345 ... 7