Champ stable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kantrix

09-23-2010

I've been playing less than a week and have only done practice games, so my understanding is quite limited.

I've read that at some point you need to have 14 champions that you are good at because of something about banning and champ selection ordering. We have multiple rune pages to help us with this, and the 2 spells we choose can be easily/quickly changed.

But what about masteries? If I have say 20-30 mastery points (and I dont, yet) and I need to be able to support a wide range of champions, is there something similar to additional rune pages to help me out? Because I dont think there is enough time to switch my entire masteries by hand depending on my champion selection.

Minor example: I chose vlad one time just to test him out. Little did I know he doesnt use mana at all. Thus, my mastery points in mana regen and + mana (which are generally useful to almost every champion) were wasted. I should have used a completely different mastery build. But since vlad is just one hero, i'd be stupid to have my one and only mastery build set up just for him, since I am supposed to be able to use 14 different champs, right?

So, whats up?

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

All of us level 30 change masteries every game in champion selection, after you've picked a champion. It only takes ~10 sec, and at a sertain point you stop even noticing it :P

about the 14 champions: only in ranked. Normal games don't have bans and such.

Kiryu

09-23-2010

Here is what you do:
Find a small group of champions which are similar. For example, the Ninjas. All Ninjas use energy. Then you build your mastery/rune pages to accommodate that group. Whatever group you make, it should be able to satisfy multiple roles. So, if you when physical damage, you could put Ashe, Warwick, Yi, and Miss Fortune together. Then, you can set your masteries for high damage and your rune pages with armor penetration.

This way, you don't have to swap masteries or rune pages. You should be able to play about 6 or so champions. You don't really need more than that since most of the time you will be able to get one of your top 3. I currently only use about 4 champions. I could get by with only 2, but I get tired of playing the same champions all of the time.

You should be able to fill multiple roles so that you don't run the risk of having a team of champions with the same types(all physical, all AP, all support, etc.)

Kantrix

09-23-2010

Thanks guys!