Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rune Choices

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

donkster

09-23-2012

After researching my rune choices, I have come to a general decision about them. They are much more important at champ level 1 than they are at champ level 18. As you buy items with gold, your rune stats begin to diminish until they are only a small fraction of your power -- even if you chose the ones that scale with champ lvl.

I conclude from this that I ALWAYS want the non-scaling runes to give me the advantage early. A full book of Greater Mark of Strength gives me 8.55 AD at lvl 1 while that of Greater Mark of Force gives me 0.9 AD.

Is my conclusion wrong? Am I missing something? Thanks for feedback =)

Vusn

09-23-2012

I prefer early game damage over late. But my arpen and magic pen carries into late.

Owl Be Back

09-23-2012

flat is usually better than scaling runes, yes

flamebaked

09-23-2012

If the scaling becomes equal to or greater than the flats by level 6 then I buy the Scaling runes.

Lord Ryushishin

09-23-2012

I do a little mix and match of early and late with a balance of flat damage and penetration. So far I am doing this for my generic AD page (Well since I use AD champs more than AP. Too lazy to work on it for now). I use 6 ArPen and 3 Flat AD Reds with 3 Flat AD Quints. For what I plan for my AP is 9 MPen Reds with 1 MPen and 2 Flat AP Quints.