Arilian, Queen of the Elements Redux v2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havoc202

02-04-2013

Bump

H Minnow

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc202 View Post
R : Elemental Ascendsion

Arilian passivily gains a chance to add additonal effects to her Abilities..

20/25/30% chance

Arilian Gathers the Elements into herself removing limitations on the passive. Completly Removes Damage Reductions. Grants an Ad Ratio to her Q and an AP Ratio to her W.

Passive Effects:

Q : Molten Fury

The intial splash no longer occurs and it is replaced with smaller fire balls that due 50% less splash. Prioritizes Champions

Number of Fireballs Produced : 2/3/4

W: Shattering Earth

Elemental Energy eminates from the broken earth reaching up and rooting the champion instead of slowing. Also does a small amount of magic Damage.

Root Duration : 1/1.5/1.75 Seconds

Magic Damage :30/60/90 (+.6 AP)

E : Totemic Explosion

The water magic from the totem rages when placed, causing the waters to churn into a whirlpool. This causes enemies to be pulled into the whirlpool and slowed signifigantly

Slow : 50%/60%/70%

Lasts for : 1/1.5/2 Seconds

Active Bonuses :

Ap and Ad : 15/20/25

Ap and Ad Ratios :

Molten Fury Ad Ratio : (+.6 AD)

Shattering Earth Ap Ratio : (+.65 AP)

Ultimate CoolDown : 180/170/160 Seconds

Mana Cost : 200/225/250

Duration : 5/6/7 Seconds
My ultimate problem with the champ is the ultimate. I doesn't feel like an ultimate. Random chance is very dangerous as everyone will have games where the champ is Brokenly rewarding and others where the champ is unbelievably useless. I suggest cutting the random chance and instead making it an, on activation, the next spellcast. Then, modify the powers of Q, W, and E to to a level where its based on the abilities without random chance. Make the bonus of the ult impactful on the kit, and make it so that she can cast an ability, cast her ult, and then cast the advanced form of her ult to give her that 4 ability feel. Thats how I think you can fix your problems with this champion and kit. Remember the key rule that, Random Chance=Bad/anti-fun.

Edit: Shameless advertising for my concept http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2613949

Havoc202

02-05-2013

okay, Would anyone like to look at Twisted Fates Wild Card that gives him Mana, Slow, or Stun? That is a random chance. even though you can influence it. And this is the same exact thing. about every 3 moves at the final level get to to have that mixed ability. So you can cast smart

H Minnow

02-05-2013

Quote:
okay, Would anyone like to look at Twisted Fates Wild Card that gives him Mana, Slow, or Stun? That is a random chance. even though you can influence it. And this is the same exact thing. about every 3 moves at the final level get to to have that mixed ability. So you can cast smart
Twisted Fates Pick a Card you mean, not wild card. Pick a card allows you to choose between 3 effects that are evenly cycled through in the same order every time. It not random and your idea of how random chance works is not how random chance actually works. Your ultimate has bad design right now. We're trying to help you improve it.

As an example I read from a Rioter once, "Imagine if every attack and ability in the game had a 1% chance to instantly kill anyone it hits. The person who experiences that effect on the losing end feels terrible about it because they died for no reason. Meanwhile, the person on the winning end doesn't really feel rewarded because he did nothing at all, it just happened." Excuse me if anyone else has read that and I've butchered it but its very similar to that effect.

Random chance has this feel. The lucky person doesn't feel like they have achieved anything, and the unlucky person is left to feel horrible. Its an anti-fun design mechanic that riot has worked hard to remove. The removal of dodge is a good example of this effort. The removal of free early game crit from masteries is another. Yeah mathematically if a spell is cast 1,000,000 times then about 30%, though not exactly 30%, will be boosted. But this chance is far more skewed between the good end and bad end in any individual game because the test pool of spell casts is far smaller. This leaves far more room for you be be unbelievably lucky where success hits >50% or terribly unlucky where success hits <10%.

The ultimate will remain a bad concept until this problem is fixed. To make your concept improve you have to take the critisism and turn it into actual improvements in your character. If you ask for reviews you have to use those reviews and not disregard them. If there are a large number of people saying no to random chance, then accept that random chance is bad.

I Like a lot of the character design. Pretty much the only problem I have besides the ultimate is how disjointed the character feels, but that is the side-effect of all characters with mastery over multiple elements. Its not really any creator's fault in that case, its just the way the character basically has to be designed.

Havoc202

02-05-2013

But making that go into her ult would make her ult a tad Op wouldnt it. It removes the Bouncing Damage from Her Passive so 40% Ap is going all around and she gets an ad and ap boost on (W+E both getting the opposite of what they do have). Then have the moves completly powered on it? I mean this game is sometimes designed around luck. You get a lucky kill on mid because you had ignite on them. Not so much Random chance. But almost the same thing.

H Minnow

02-06-2013

Quote:
But making that go into her ult would make her ult a tad Op wouldnt it. It removes the Bouncing Damage from Her Passive so 40% Ap is going all around and she gets an ad and ap boost on (W+E both getting the opposite of what they do have). Then have the moves completly powered on it? I mean this game is sometimes designed around luck. You get a lucky kill on mid because you had ignite on them. Not so much Random chance. But almost the same thing.
Its not that I'm saying make they ult OP right now if you get lucky the ult is OP. The ult breaks the kit and makes this champion both underpowered and overpowered at the same time but not balanced. This is a remake as the first had flaws, right? If the kit relies on luck like it does in its current form it may just require a complete overhall and complete rebalancing. Its not like everything has to change either. A lot of it has to do with moving power around and finding a new form for her ultimate. I say still keep the advanced forms for all the moves. Then you can do one of 2 things. Either make it a major power boost to 1 spellcast, or make it a minor powerboost to all spellcasts for a duration. The most interesting part about making a champion is learning the design flaws of the game, and learning game design in general. Take this opportunity as a chance to improve flaws and learn what not to do.

Ultimately after that you have to look at the lack of real synergy. I can see it now but its not a glaring flaw. This is because I see the flaws of the ultimate first. The unfortunate part is after the most glaring flaw is fixed, this problem comes to light. An druid-like champion is very ambitious for anybody. Even riots designers have a hard time with it. I recently say a riot post about it from Morello? I believe it was Morello, though it could have been someone else. The reason the game itself is yet to have someone with a mastery over numerous elements is that a kit for these champions tends to lack cohesion to a central theme. The focus ends up being on making sure different elements are shown. This leads to champions who tend to be unbelievably powerful because they have a bit of everything, attributed to the fact that no fiction element has the same properties of another. This also causes the champion to look like a mess thematically even though they fit their own theme perfectly.

I've tried my hand at an elementalist myself. Its hard to make them flow. They just don't. Its one of my favorite archetypes, but when your limited to only 4 abilities and a passive, designing one with flow is difficult beyond belief. I do believe you should stick to your ideas though. I really don't know much more to say about this in general. I mean each individual ability is good and decently balanced. Most have interesting features and have interesting bonuses, such as spam casting Q or the E in general, which is probably one of my favorite moves in the Kit. I would talk more about character balance but there really is no way I can see the actual ability numbers in current form beyond the % symbol on the ult. That symbol keeps the entire kit from actually being balance-able. As is said before broken best case scenario, worthless worst case scenario.

Edit: I would read through Zileas post here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=293417 The best part about this whole post is that you learn important factors to how champions in league are designed. And even though this is 2-3 years old its still relevant. Its very useful knowledge and really helps when making a champion.

Havoc202

02-08-2013

I believe I have made a small alternative change. I removed the random chance of what you saw. Now I removed the Limitation removal on her innate and replaced it with those. I looked at the ult and the CD's on her she shouldnt be that broken with them see as she can only cast one spell per ult with her E and W. Her Firball though she might be able to get two in.

H Minnow

02-08-2013

Quote:
I believe I have made a small alternative change. I removed the random chance of what you saw. Now I removed the Limitation removal on her innate and replaced it with those. I looked at the ult and the CD's on her she shouldnt be that broken with them see as she can only cast one spell per ult with her E and W. Her Firball though she might be able to get two in.
The ultimate cooldown doesn't need to be that long but the duration is good. If timed right, for her fireball she can get in an easy 2 at max rank, but if she has CDR, an easy 5-6 at max rank. 10 sec - 40% is 6 seconds, and with the fifth stack -5 to make it a 1 sec CDR. And thats fine, the cooldowns on the others are very high and her Q is meant to be spammed. The fireballs aren't stupidly strong so it works out and makes her have very rewarding AoE.

Havoc202

02-09-2013

Well... I made the cooldown that long simply because of the powerful buff she is getting but if it is to long may I ask a suggestion?

Havoc202

02-10-2013

bump