Always Banned: The Same 4 or 5 Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kronvict

09-23-2012

Also considering how they reworked the solo queue 'captain' randomisation, alot of average players find themselves banning. So what do they do? They ban whoever they have seen banned previously. Its like a thing people get in their head. Like oh **** if i don't ban shen and kass i am going to get hell from my teammates. You often see games with 'OP' team comps that lose.

DingoRabiit

09-23-2012

Riot should Constantly watch what champions are being banned, And Reduce thier stats accordingly until the ban ratios even out!

It's just Stupid to only have two REAL ban choices, Where Four of them are a "ban or good game"

Just take a look at the bans!
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...ns&range=daily

They should also Nerf the Most Frequently played champion after observation as to Why, Freaking ezreal is in almost Every game i play because of his built in flash and onhit power poke
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...y&range=weekly

And on that topic!, They should buff the Least played champions!, It's not like we hate Sejuani, She's just Totally ****!

Kagami

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoRabiit View Post
And on that topic!, They should buff the Least played champions!, It's not like we hate Sejuani, She's just Totally ****!
Sejuani changes were delayed til, because of potential larger changes to the game when shifting from S2 > S3.

Põõpsmith

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoRabiit View Post
Riot should Constantly watch what champions are being banned, And Reduce thier stats accordingly until the ban ratios even out!

They should also Nerf the Most Frequently played champion after observation as to Why, Freaking ezreal is in almost Every game i play because of his built in flash and onhit power poke

A problem with that. If they nerfed some champs like Shen enough to have them stop getting banned, It would only be because they were longer viable for play. In other words, they would end up like the champs you say need to be buffed, since no one would play them. It's the players that are banning based off of percieved imbalance, and not actual balance.

Rephiscorth

09-23-2012

well, in my opinion:

1. Darius is OP. they should nerf his ulti. besides, he is a tanky champ, who has 25% armor penetration integrated, he can pull you back, and has an integrated ignite. its like... lee sin on steroids.

2. Lee Sin is also OP, but im not gonna go against him today.

3. Diana is OP. the main reason AP items give MORE Abitity than AD items give attack is because they cant auto attack fine. they burst, and then cool down. But diana can auto attack same as an AD, just that she uses AP (which she can get more than any AD), AND she has that shield. and pullback. and also dash.

4. kassadin is not OP, but he still is a little annoying cuz of his integrated flash. but its not OP.

5. shen is not OP, BUT he's ulti just... turn a 2 vs 2 team fight into 3 vs 2 team fight instantly. the champ is not OP, but the ulti kinda is. thats why he gets banned

6. alistar is not OP, but he can initiate teamfights 5 vs 5, pretty good.

7. BLITZCRANK is not OP, BUTTTTTTTTTTTT lane phase against him is just not funny, seriously, it kills all the fun in the game. you have to play gay behind a minion and stuff. the game is too monotone. (thats the main reason they changed evelyn. you HAD to be under your turret the entire game or she killed you stealth).

8. SWAIN FOR GOD SAKE, when they announced changes for swain i was like

Rephiscorth

09-23-2012

8. SWAIN FOR GOD SAKE, when they announced changes for swain i was like "HOLY.... THEY FINALLY NERFED HIM..." but then i realized they BUFFED his gaddamn ulti xD which makes him impossible to kill, literally, he heals idefinitely while attack you.

in conclusion: they should nerf diana, darius, swain, ... and better nerf irellia. the rest of the champs arent op, but there is no fun in playing against them

Kagami

09-23-2012

Quote:
3. Diana is OP. the main reason AP items give MORE Abitity than AD items give attack is because they cant auto attack fine. they burst, and then cool down. But diana can auto attack same as an AD, just that she uses AP (which she can get more than any AD), AND she has that shield. and pullback. and also dash.
Except she does from melee range, and I am mean it's not there is a ranged mage with AP scaling on their auto attacks, right? Oh wait there are four (Teemo, TF, Ziggs, and Orianna).

And good thing there isn't a melee mage who gets AP on every single Auto Attacks instead of every 3rd AA, oh wait! there is that too (Fizz or Cho'gath). So as you can see AP scaling on auto-attacks is nothing new really.

So by your logic, Teemo, TF, Ziggs, Orianna, Cho'gath and Fizz must be OP right?

geegeez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

The problem with malphite, shen and alistar is their damages....they are tanks and they still hit very hard and its game breaking....Malphite doesnt take any damages, he stills you movement speed, slow you, knock up you and still doing a **** tons of damages....

Belisarius09

09-24-2012

I don't get why Shen is banned all the time anymore. Two months ago sure I can see it, but now its pointless people just still think he's the way he was. His dash/taunt got a huge nerf, and his ult also got a nerf. He isn't even tough to defeat in lane anymore. I always tell my team not to bother with banning him cause he's simply not a threat anymore like he used to be.

Banana Dragon

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohtu Ranamee View Post
EDIT - I'm going to have to start by saying I don't personally believe that the following champs are Over Powered. Apparently there's some misconception about what this list pertains to.

I've played a decent amount of this game, and almost EVERY GAME I see most of the following champs banned:

1. Morgana

2. Shen

3. Darius

4. Kassadin

5. Blitzcrank

6. Malphite

7. Alistar

If the entire community feels that these champs are so broken that we refuse to even play with them, why isn't riot making changes to them? They are buffing and nerfing champs all day long, but these guys, that I see banned almost every game, never seem to get changed. I'm not actually claiming these champs ARE op. I've just noticed that they always get banned. I wouldn't know if they WERE OP, because I never get to play with/against them.

How do other players feel about this?

EDIT- It seems that people agree that these guys get banned a lot, and that it's because of the large amount of disruption that they put out.

So, what could riot do to make it where people coud play these champs? Could they give more champs disruption? Perhaps new ways to negate disruption, like Cleanse, are the answer?

EDIT- Listed Shen twice as a joke, but changed #4 to Kassadin.

1. the reason morg is banned: amount of cc
2. the reason shen is banned: can always be in a team fight, has cc, and can babysit other champs very well..
3. the reason Darius is banned is because people dont counter play him. they have basically free hard harrass after his w/e is up and a good kennen will dominate him in lane always.
4. the reason kassadin is banned: kass is banned because he has burst, CC, mobility, escape, and can roam very well. the main streangth of kass is how he can roam from 6 and help shut down other lanes. most people dont play against him right because they need to wait for his CD's, if you stay in lane too long he will ult/ Q ou and you wil be at his mercy and or junglers mercy while you cannot flash or do anything else as an AP mid. another reason is that the way mids are played now aren't farm based, they mare more kill based, in lower elo's at least.
5. Blitzcrank is banned: he is banned because of his huge amount of CC, and because he is the difference in any fight by turning it into a 4v5 with a good grab, or because he can babysit/ remove and pressure from his own adc.
6. Malphite is banned: Malph is banned because he is one of the strongest tanks in the game with a very good initiate and abilitys that really help his team in a fight. his E shres the attack speed of all enemys, his Q can slow and help remove other champs from fights, and his W does a decent amount of AoE and his ult is great for cc in either a team fight or catching the enemy un aware in a hard initiate while they are split.
7. Alistar: alistar is banned almost every game because he has sustain/ massive cc/ and arguable the best tank in the game with the amount of cc/damage reduction he has. can completely remove enemy champs from team fights and great for baby sitting your adc or APC depending on the situation.

Many other champs within the game don't provide as much as these champs do, and every champ is situational, having an alistar against a team who can spread out and still be effective is not a good choice, a better choice would maybe be sona for her ult stun or even talric for his stun and general team damage. the game is about counter picks, but even if you are countered one thing previals. Skill> all