Always Banned: The Same 4 or 5 Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagami

Senior Member

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohtu Ranamee View Post
It's not about whether or not he's on par, but that he's always banned almost every game. I see what you're saying about the kits, but what about guys like Fizz, Rumble, Anivia, etc.? These guys are super hard to bring down and own in teamfights yet if I ban them people blam me and/or dodge.
Rumble is the only one of those 3 who is really potentially ban worth, Anivia and Fizz both have plenty of counters and weakness.

Also if you notice in tournament play bans a lot different than solo queue(I imagine the same is true for ranked 5s).

And also solo queue bans especially in mid-lower matches are about perceived "FoTM"/"S Tier" champions, for example a number of players have started to perceive Ezreal, Jayce, Rengar, and Evelynn as "S tier" thus have been on the rise for amount of times banned recently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

Senior Member

09-22-2012

"Entire community" =/= the 30-35 people you grouped with over the course of a day of draft games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohtu Ranamee

Junior Member

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
"Entire community" =/= the 30-35 people you grouped with over the course of a day of draft games.
I understand that. That's why I'm here in the forums, trying to confirm or deny the agreement of the rest of the community. I feel like what champs are banned repeatedly is a worthy topic of discussion in the champ feedback forum. For instance I can't really give good feedback on the champs listed because they never get played at my level, other than that I have noticed that they always get banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

Senior Member

09-22-2012

In that case, in Solo Queue, a person is banning for two reasons

1. The champion is a hard counter to their style of play or usual champion selection.
2. The champion brings an annoying mechanic that changes the pace of the game.

Specific examples

A) Shen in either jungle or Top Lane, at level 6, essentially turns the game into a very passive match because he exerts a huge amount of map pressure with his ultimate. He's free to farm Top / In the Jungle. He can split push, which solo queue players are not well versed in dealing with. Shen gets banned not because he's powerful, but because he's annoying.
B) Alistar / Blitzcrank. You never know who your team is, or how good they are. Blitzcrank and Alistar punish overextension to game-ending degrees, and thus they get banned because you don't want to risk your win on people you likely never met.
C) Darius is trash, and your guess is as good as mine on this one.
D) Ezrael, Morgana, Kassadin. Ezrael gets banned because he's a great pick, and because people watch tournaments and think you should ban whatever does well in tournaments. Morgana gets banned because she has an annoying dynamic that is counter intuitive to what most players learn; She/s a mage that DIVES YOUR TEAM, and she wins because of it. Kassdin gets banned because many people haven't learned that chasing is bad and that a 4.2 second flash means Kassadin goes where he pleases.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohtu Ranamee

Junior Member

09-22-2012

So What could Riot do to make it easier for people to play these champs? Will stronger or more annoying champs have to come out? Or is there something else that could happen?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohtu Ranamee

Junior Member

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Morgana gets banned because she has an annoying dynamic that is counter intuitive to what most players learn; She/s a mage that DIVES YOUR TEAM, and she wins because of it.
I find it quite entertaining that there are champs that break the meta, and rather than changing a meta that doesn't always fit, people just ban the outlying characters. Anyone else find it frustrating that they release champs specifically into META roles nowadays? I know that's sort of unrelated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Põõpsmith

Senior Member

09-22-2012

Shen gets 90% ban rate


I was looking at this earlier today, thinking the same thing...
I've actually played a few Ali/Blitz games, and the combo does amazing when Blitzcrank comes to gank bot. Probably why people ban them.

However, I used to play Shen a lot. He's the first champ I bought a skin for, the first one I tried hard to learn despite being terrible at when I started. Now, unless I go normal:blind I just don't get a chance at him. I've even tried to not ban him as the banner for my team, and the other team always seems to end up banning him 1st/2nd.

It's disappointing not to be able to play one of my favorite champions in any serious games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

Senior Member

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnifacetious View Post
You'll notice that each and every one of those champs has some form of very strong disruption:
2: Shen: Dash/Taunt
Point being is that most of the champs who get banned make it very had for a team comp to function.
Shen's taunt isn't the primary reason that I would ban him. His global ult allows him to split push all he likes and still get back into a teamfight. Also, if a tower dive happens against a teammate, the shield on his ult is usually enough to turn the whole dive around; saving the ally who was low, perhaps killing an enemy or two, and preventing some or all of the tower damage. Its just too big a swing in score.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

Member

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orleos View Post
It's not so much that they're broken
You don't know much about MOBAs do you(?)

How about this, I will get 4 people and myself and we will have every banned character(Shen/Malphite/Morgana/Blitz/Corki) and you can play every other character.

We will play 10 matches and if you manage to beat us twice, you will have proven your point.

...
...



They are overpowered.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leotamer

Senior Member

09-22-2012

Because, perma-banned champions are not to strong. Their annoying, and the only way to fix that is to rework them. For the most part *