Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Always Banned: The Same 4 or 5 Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohtu Ranamee

09-22-2012

EDIT - I'm going to have to start by saying I don't personally believe that the following champs are Over Powered. Apparently there's some misconception about what this list pertains to.

I've played a decent amount of this game, and almost EVERY GAME I see most of the following champs banned:

1. Morgana

2. Shen

3. Darius

4. Kassadin

5. Blitzcrank

6. Malphite

7. Alistar

If the entire community feels that these champs are so broken that we refuse to even play with them, why isn't riot making changes to them? They are buffing and nerfing champs all day long, but these guys, that I see banned almost every game, never seem to get changed. I'm not actually claiming these champs ARE op. I've just noticed that they always get banned. I wouldn't know if they WERE OP, because I never get to play with/against them.

How do other players feel about this?

EDIT- It seems that people agree that these guys get banned a lot, and that it's because of the large amount of disruption that they put out.

So, what could riot do to make it where people coud play these champs? Could they give more champs disruption? Perhaps new ways to negate disruption, like Cleanse, are the answer?

EDIT- Listed Shen twice as a joke, but changed #4 to Kassadin.

Jesus the Friend

09-22-2012

Because Riot doesn't like balancing.

The game has never been completely balanced, there are always very strong tier markings.

This makes it easier to shift the metagame and makes releasing skins more profitable...

Zombiemaster

09-22-2012

I admit that I am a little tired of the same champs getting banned over and over again.

Also, you listed Shen twice as number 2 and number 4.

Ohtu Ranamee

09-22-2012

Quote:
Jesus the Friend:
Because Riot doesn't like balancing.

The game has never been completely balanced, there are always very strong tier markings.

This makes it easier to shift the metagame and makes releasing skins more profitable...

So you feel like Riot leaves older Champs Over Powered in order to sell new champs and skins? That'd be mighty underhanded, but it's a hard argument to rebut.

Edit- I made that first sentence a question.

Orleos

09-22-2012

It's not so much that they're broken, as it's more along the lines of, "I don't want to have to deal with them, because if I or my idiot team mates make any mistakes or stupidly cluster, we're ****ed".

You could change the numbers on these champs all you wanted, it's just that with the kits they have, it's easier to get rid of them, than deal with them. I've noticed when you get higher up, the popular low elo bans of Morg, Kass, Darius, etc, drop off completely, because there are champs that are so much bigger threats.

Although I don't know why Darius is on there, considering that he isn't even in league with Blitz, Morg, Shen, Amumu, Ali, Malph, etc etc.

Ohtu Ranamee

09-22-2012

Quote:
zombiemaster916:
I admit that I am a little tired of the same champs getting banned over and over again.

Also, you listed Shen twice as number 2 and number 4.

That was actually a joke, because Shen is literally banned in EVERY GAME.

Omnifacetious

09-22-2012

You'll notice that each and every one of those champs has some form of very strong disruption:
1: Morgana: Bind + her Ult
2: Shen: Dash/Taunt
3: Pull + true dmg refreshing ult (honestly not that good in my opinion but people still freak out about him)
4: Shen (again): same as 2
5: Blitz: Pull + knockup + AoE silence
6: Malphite: Ult
7: Alistar knockup the headbutt

Point being is that most of the champs who get banned make it very had for a team comp to function.

Ohtu Ranamee

09-22-2012

Quote:
Orleos:

Although I don't know why Darius is on there, considering that he isn't even in league with Blitz, Morg, Shen, Amumu, Ali, Malph, etc etc.

It's not about whether or not he's on par, but that he's always banned almost every game. I see what you're saying about the kits, but what about guys like Fizz, Rumble, Anivia, etc.? These guys are super hard to bring down and own in teamfights yet if I ban them people blam me and/or dodge.

Zombiemaster

09-22-2012

Quote:
Ohtu Ranamee:
That was actually a joke, because Shen is literally banned in EVERY GAME.

lol ok then. But yeah, he is banned every game. The only time I haven't seen him banned, I picked him and dominated top lane.

Orleos

09-22-2012

Quote:
Ohtu Ranamee:
It's not about whether or not he's on par, but that he's always banned almost every game. I see what you're saying about the kits, but what about guys like Fizz, Rumble, Anivia, etc.? These guys are super hard to bring down and own in teamfights yet if I ban them people blam me and/or dodge.

Depends if you're in the lower Elo. I would pick those champs in a heartbeat if I could, especially if I was running a game with my friends, unfortunately I'm not always able to.

I got yelled at the other day for asking my teams banner to ban Amumu, Blitz, and Ali as our bans, while the other team banned Morg, Ali, and Kassadin.

He wound up banning Shaco, Akali, and Darius and the enemy team picked Blitz and Amumu right off the bat.

We wound up facing Shen, Blitz, Amumu, Tristana, and Fizz. We got wrecked.