Nasus question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devona

11-17-2009

Hi there.I've been meaning to ask someone about this for a while now...i don't get how Siphoning Strike works:

Quote:
Siphoning Strike - Nasus strikes his foe, dealing damage and increasing the power of his future Siphoning Strikes if he slays his target. Nasus's next attack will deal an additional 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 damage. Siphoning Strike permanently gains 1 / 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 damage whenever it kills an enemy.
Cooldown0 secondsCost20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 ManaRange 300
It says it gets +1/2/3 dmg whenever it kills an enemy...does this mean only champions?cause i've been playing him for a while now and creep kills don't increase it's dmg but i never got to last hit a champion with it to confirm.Can someone explain how this works pls? ty

karode

11-17-2009

Applies to all killing blows, whether it be a champion or a creep.

Holypope

11-17-2009

I'd like to know if the bonuses scale retroactively. If I finish 50 mobs off with it, does that mean by L18 I'm hitting for +150 damage or a blend of +1/+2/+3's that I imagine would look more like 80 damage?

Maleagant

11-17-2009

its been changed to be +2 dmg each kill no scaling anymore. so kill 55 creeps/champs and you've doubled its effectiveness at Lv. 5. It also does not, nor did it ever, have a 0 second cooldown I believe its 7 or 8 seconds. Additionally this extra damage can not crit....... (not 100% but fairly sure of this)

On the other hand level up Spirit Fire 1st get lots more kills for far less mana/effort and buy a Sheen later upgrade it to a Trinity Force and you've more than doubled the effectiveness of your SS and all your melee after spells.

Monxide

11-17-2009

Well, just to not create a new topic, i was interested in Tiamat at Nasus. Will the splash effect be applied for an SS damage? An furthermore, if it is, will the killing blow of SS's splash add a boost to your damage of skill as well as direct SS killing blow?^^ I think it could be an interesting option to improve the SS effectiveness in group battles and so on.
Sorry for crappy grammar tho, english is not my native language.

Maleagant

11-17-2009

I am unsure how the damage will interact but fairly certain that only the primary target will get you credit for boosting SS.

Devona

11-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
It also does not, nor did it ever, have a 0 second cooldown I believe its 7 or 8 seconds.
Yeah sry about that...i just copied it from the site champion info,guess they didn't update it.The cd is about 9 sec.

Also i wanted to ask if the extra dmg the ability gets is shown cause mine stays at 110 at lvl 5 all the time...no matter how many creeps i last kill so it's a bit confusing.

Maleagant

11-18-2009

Yeah it doesn't track it unfortunately, part of the reason I am personally hesitant to take up the SS spam ideology.

btw I figured the info on SS was from the site, wasn't callin ya out or anything just didn't want someone else to see and that hadn't played him and be confused.

Devona

11-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
Yeah it doesn't track it unfortunately, part of the reason I am personally hesitant to take up the SS spam ideology.

btw I figured the info on SS was from the site, wasn't callin ya out or anything just didn't want someone else to see and that hadn't played him and be confused.
ty for the help,i really appreciate it.I was worried that my client had a display bug or something.

and thx for clearing that last part out :P but i explained where i got the info so ppl who see my post know the site info isn't updated yet