Need help with Rengar's early jungle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

khannaman

09-22-2012

When I jungle Rengar I like to play super aggressive (who doesn't?). I clear wraiths quickly and then get a leash on red and prepare to gank one of the lanes. I start boots and by the end of fighting red I have VERY little hp left. What's worse is I need to save the ferocity for the gank with Bola Strike and usually have to B afterwards because there's no way I could stay in the jungle with such little hp especially if they have a heavy counter jungler like Shyvana.

Should I start Cloth+5 and get movespeed quints to make up for it? Or just ask for a heavier leash on red?

Any advice welcomed.

Togekiss24

09-22-2012

I think getting movespeed quints are beneficial for Rengar regardless of starting with boots, because most of the time he is going to be running towards people to gank. I say the Cloth+5 pots are the best choice as while you are sacrificing early game damage, you will still have sustainability through the jungle.

Meluka

09-24-2012

What I do that seems to be very effective is get a heavy leash on red which gives me lvl2. The I quickly turn and go top lane for the gank (btw I buy the W at lvl 2). Since I got red I'm already level 2 and the top laner is only lvl 1 which almost always guarantees I get the kill. After that clear the rest of the jungle and start actively looking for ganks.