Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lets talk about wards.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Idiotdroid

09-22-2012

Lets face it, they are important to winning and sometimes:

-Your Top, Mid and Jungler won't buy them.

-Your Support wont buy them

- No one buys them.

In these situations I always ask them nicely to purchase wards but sometimes they ignore me so Ill man up and buy them myself. Regardless of my role.

Usually if I'm mid or jungle, and top wont buy wards, ill simply place one for them in the river slightly above baron to help them not get ganked. Same thing if support wont buy wards for bottom.

But in the situation of no one buying wards and we are mid - late game, I find myself buying about 5 wards and placing them best I can.

What are the best possible places to place these wards?
If you buy 5 wards, mid -late game, where should they go?

So far, I'm thinking:
Baron
Dragon
Top Tri Bush
Bot Tri Bush
Either our blue or enemy blue.

Obv certain situations call for different placements, but Id like to know some opinions on the best possible places you could put the max 5 wards at.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-22-2012

It all depends. By mid-late game, you've no doubt picked up on some patterns of the enemy team, right? You've got an idea what paths they like to take just based on best-guess?

Start warding the spots that are your best-guesses for the paths the enemy champions are taking.

ZakaBreezy

09-22-2012

Oh gawd a player that actually wants to learn about warding

Warding much like everything in this game has to do with logic. A simple concept that ppl tend to overlook is lane minion waves behavior and this is mostly controlled by the towers in each lane.

For example if uve lost all 3 outer turrets then its most likely that the lanes will be pushed towards u leaving ur jungle vulnerable. In this case most fighting will be done in ur jungle and ur best bet for turning the game around would be warding in ur jungle. Same applies as you push the enemy towers.

Hope this helps!

Sereg Anfaug

09-22-2012

If your support doesn't buy wards, you'd better hope you don't have two(or more) of those people that like to block surrenders on your team, because you're going to lose and you may as well get it over with quickly.

TeknoWizard

09-22-2012

Wraith ramp is also a fairly important spot to ward.

MuhGeeSher

09-22-2012

If your team is dominating - there red and blue... If not - your red and blue and Wraith camp bush. Dragon and Baron as usual.