[Guide] Stack Attack Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chimaro

09-22-2010

Im an avid Jax Player and here is my build wich i call Stack Attack Jax. Please keep in mind that this is a purely agressive build and is heavily relient on racking up kills. Please let me hear what you think.

Masteries: 15/9/0

-Offense

Deadilness 3
Cripple 1
Archmage's Savvy 2
Sorcery 4
Burning Embers 1
Archaic Knowledge 1
Offensive Mastery 2
Brute Force 1

-Defense

Resistance 3
Hardiness 1
Evasion 4
Nibleness 1

Runes:
24% attack
2.3% Dodge

Spells:

Exaust, Ignite

Skills (in order):
q
e
e
w
e
r
e
e
q
q
r
q
q
w
w
r
w
w

Items (in order of build):
Boots- Ninja Tabi
Vampiric Scepter
Phantom Dancer
Vampiric Scepter(already owned)-Bloodthirster
Sword of the Occult
Mejai's Soulstealer
Guinsoo's Rageblade

Strategy:

This Build is best used when lanning with another agressive player. By stacking up the kills you will will gain a bit of life but instead of having tons of armor of defense you regain your life through the lifesteal gained by Bloodthirster. One of the best ways to boost this build is by utilizing ganks with your teammates.

undercover sbz

09-22-2010

The real problem here is that you won't be getting kills if they don't make very stupid mistakes. The old champ has been nerfed way too much way too hard to be really competitive at higher levels of game. Jax has a terrible early game and his mid game isn't much better either, he really has to be fed to do decent, however most teams realize this and shut him off whenever there's a chance to do so because it gimps Jax very hard.

nephotep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2010

i play jax a lot and i would like to add that maxing e fast is not really useful since it only gives minor boost to your dodge. i like to max q fast so i can spam it.

also you build a very squishy jax only having dodge for defense and no MR. you will drop really soon and you are no good against mages.

consider buying some armor/mr items that give damage or as. like mardred or wits end.

also you should consider farming jungle after lvl6 when u got ninja, vampiric scepter and madreds and your ult.

chimaro

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephotep View Post
i play jax a lot and i would like to add that maxing e fast is not really useful since it only gives minor boost to your dodge. i like to max q fast so i can spam it.
True if you exchange out the e max for q you get a better jump but ive found that even the sight change for more dodge is better becasue it alows you to do more damage for the stun. this is useful when you have to defend a position. if you hold beneth a turret and do a maxed stun you can offset for having the weak jump. i feel that e is better for turret positon while q is better for attacking mid lane.

Quote:
also you build a very squishy jax only having dodge for defense and no MR. you will drop really soon and you are no good against mages.
This is also situational. Not everygame has a mage and if they do if you can jump stun them you are all set because they will die before they get to spell spam you. if you do run into the stun mages (you know who i mean) then your solution

Quote:
consider buying some armor/mr items that give damage or as. like mardred or wits end.
would probobly work out better. i feel though that the jax i build isnt too squishy because of his life boost through the AD and AP which with this build you gain a large amount of and if it is completed you end up with approx. 3000 hp.

Klaste

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-23-2010

I notice you're not level 30 yet. The game gets very different once you start getting into mid/high elo. First off, most games will have a minimum of one mage, more likely two. Jumping in and stunning them isn't always an option - usually they will have a teammate, and unless they are bunched up, they will likely get a stun off on you before you can get back out. Committing would be suicide unless it's lategame or you're building tank.

The major problem with Jax right now is that to take advantage of his ultimate, you have to commit to a fight. The longer you fight, the more you build up, right? But Jax is extremely easy to kill, and you will be lucky to get more than three hits off before you're forced to back out of a teamfight. The man is so easy to kill that he really can't even viably jungle from level one.

My suggestion to you, if you want to keep playing him as your enemies get better - you''re going to need to build a bit tankier. Bloodthirster is a good idea, it will help you stay committed to a fight longer. Attack speed - a little is okay. Phantom dancer is way too expensive, especially if you're already getting ninja tabi. Definitely a bad item to rush. You want to try to take advantage of your passive - though you can't build off it completely like you could months ago. Obviously it depends on who you are fighting though. Banshee's is very good on Jax - you need the magic resist, and stuns ruin your day.

If the enemy has no autoattackers - skip the ninja tabi, go for murcury's treads. (Well, since you dont have a full dodge runepage you might need them anyways..). If you do this, however, you want to go R>Q>E>W (taking one level of W at three). Otherwise as was pointed out you should go R>Q>W>E (E at 1, 2, or 3).

Final observation on Jax - he seems to be getting indirectly nerfed each time Riot releases a new champion, because none of the champions they release rely on autoattacking. The closest thing to this is Miss Fortune. Also they indirectly nerfed Jax when they made several abilities undodgeable - Poppy's Q, Nasus's Q, TF's PAC, etc. Basically he's not going to be really viable again until they do something to make up for this - preferably a combination of re-buffing his passive, boosting his base/scaled armor/MR/HP, or reworking his ult somewhat (such as making him harder to kill the longer he fights, and/or increasing the time before his passive resets).

*edit* What I would actually love to try on Jax is a Rod of Ages + Manamune. Take a while to get the build off, but I bet it'd be worth it.

PerAnon

09-23-2010

Build should be named "Max Stax Jax" obv.

Naphtal

Recruiter

09-23-2010

you lost me at the PD. play more games. seeing that you're only lvl 24. get more experience before you write a guide.