Puregg is right!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureline View Post
Pogo, I really do agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying, but I'm getting a little bit frustrated, because I think I might not be communicating myself as clearly as I think I am.

The issue is not if Riot believes dodging is negative, abusive, or a problem. It is a problem. It is something frowned upon. But there are allowances for it to happen, for the precise reasons you cited - IRL emergency, that sort of thing. But there are reasons to stick it out, again, as you cited. Once you're in, you're in.

The issue is the penalty for doing it.

When you dodge queue, whether your reasoning was legitimate or not, the deed has been done. You have a timer set on you, as a consequence, preventing you from joining another game.

However, if you AFK from a game and leave it, there is no immediate consequence to the game.

^ That, there is the crux of the issue. The fact that both actions are frowned upon, but one has an immediate penalty attached to it, as part of the system. Dodging has the immediate penalty. AFK-ing does not.
the problem here is that you have 2 different sorts of AFK which - fortunately - are both reportable.
one is you hit the leave button and dc from the game. that would make it possible to implement an automatic (say 4hr) ban.
But many leavers don't do that but instead chose to be inactive while still being connected.
There is no way for the system to apply a punish to someone like that other than the report function.
While i agree that it would be nice to short time autoban an afk'er, i do not think that it is possible by automation, thus not viable as an overall solution.

The best course of action is still this:
always report a leaver - even if you are on the winning side-
serve on the tribunal.

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Well, Riot considers dodging queues to be abusive. Riot doesn't want you to dodge the queue because you've decided at champion select that your team has diminished odds of winning. Riot wants you to actually play the matches. And especially in ranked, Riot doesn't want you to just continuously dodge until you perceive your team to have some sort of advantage.

With a lighter dodge penalty, dodging would be abused to falsely inflate your Elo.

Moreover, continual dodging is bad for EVERYONE as it increases everyone's queue times. Spend a couple minutes in queue, then 5+ minutes at champion select, only for someone to dodge during the trade champion period, and then you get to start it all over? Have this happen regularly because the dodge timer is so short, and it may take you an hour to find a match.

In Riot's eyes, the viable excuses for leaving during champion select are the same as the viable excuses for leaving mid-game. Some sort of IRL emergency has come up and all of the sudden you can't actually play. In the case of queue-dodging, if an IRL emergency comes up, it's fairly reasonable to expect that it'll take at least 30 minutes for you to deal with it anyway, so the 30 minute penalty is in place to discourage people from dodging for reasons like not getting the position you wanted or getting counter picked hard or whatever.

While i agree with a lot of things you mention you do not (and obv you can't) cover other eventualities.
I hardly ever dodge games, but dodged a game today because the last pick on my team who had called adc all of the sudden didn't respond anymore in team-chat and then random select picked an apc for him. He seemed to be dc.
In this case i dodged because i'd rather wait 30 mins then play a 4v5.

mistmann

09-24-2012

kinda like draft and blind, no vote kick for blind mode... but implement it in draft and ranked.... so u can keep trolls trollin and gammers gammin its like an option to select before you go into que kinda thing

Aureline

09-24-2012

Yeah, that I can see. Blind wouldn't need a votekick. But I still don't like the idea of a votekick in queue at all, ever, and wouldn't really be for it in any iteration. Haha.

mistmann

09-24-2012

well, its like voting to surrender, I HATE SURRENDERING..... never give up never surrender.....

so if u dont votekick, that person is safe, if you do vote hes not..... i cant really think of a better way to do it, in order to kill trolls we should have to have a good manner system. we should A. stomp them out before the game beguins.... not after,

OH good piont comming up>>>>>> what does the TROLLS home look like? trashed cause they dont care to do any thing but ruin others..... so if we lock the trolls in there own home (aka votekicking) they are forced to clean up