Puregg is right!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mistmann

09-24-2012

well, u need 4 trolls to dominate voteing at that piont you are doing the solo a favor

well, when does this timer proc for leavers, cause some people have dl problems and it takes them 2-5 mins to get in the pvp patch.

but some poeple afk for 10-30 mins and nothing happens, should be a minumum of 4 hours.

i know the cases are there, but i just feel like there getting worse, roits trying to implement an idea- war on drugs- and it looks good but really your costing more money, and the rates are going up not down. season one it used to show how many games you had left from, i worked really hard to finish all my games cause i never wanted a leavers mark. now if u leave no one knows or cares, i mean put that back into place make that part of your tittle, give them a mark of leavers.

Aureline

09-24-2012

Wait, you're talking a 4-hour ban for leaving a game?

Hmm, that's interesting though. Do you know why got rid of the "leaver" mark? That's an interesting thing.

If there was a way for the community to know about potential problem players before they jump into a game with them, that'd be helpful. Although it might invite a domino effect of, say, you see someone with a high "troll rating" (just calling it that for this discussion) and they won't leave, so someone else dodges to avoid playing with them, and in turn that person's "troll rating" goes up, as they have just left.

I don't think there's a cure-all for this problem. What I really do honestly think, though, is that if there was a widespread effort to help improve the attitudes of the players, then we'd have the leavers and the AFKers happening less. Because, honestly, League of Legends' community is kinda scary.

This coming from someone who's been playing less than a year.

mistmann

09-24-2012

i didnt get involved into the forms till this weekend because thats when i got upset. i loved the games before ranked rofl!

im not sure why they got rid of it, but i remember a 4 hour ban for leaving games. i remeber the leavers marks ud have gusy with 300 wins and 76 left games.... dont wanna dou with that guy.

well, TR (troll rating) u get leavers marks for not dodgeing que for leaving games. hier TR makes you want to troll less so you can play more games if u r labled an outcast and no one wants to play with you then uv got one troll out of que.

but it would go back to votekicking, and the 60 sec wait time is just to make sure troll doesnt get back into que quick enough to regame with you

AryaAlbatross

09-24-2012

While I agree with you for the most part, mistmann, I have to say that your grammar and spelling need some work. No, I'm not trying to nitpick or be offensive, but when I honestly have trouble reading a post due to the mistakes, you should probably spend a little more time proofreading. People are less likely to take you seriously if your post is rife with spelling and grammar mistakes.

Also, Riot needs to be reading these posts and taking them seriously. It's rare you see a gl;hf anymore at the begging of a game, or a gg;wp at the end, and it's even more rare to be matched with a team willing to communicate and work together. Where are all these trolls coming from? And how do we stop them from ruining LoL for those of us who just want to enjoy the game?

I think it begins with always reporting them and explaining why your teammates/opposing team members should report them as well. Maybe they would give up trolling for a while if it gets them banned. And if they don't, then they'll be perma-banned.

I know everyone else has to be as sick of queue dodging to avoid a troll game, or playing a horrible game due to terrible attitudes and verbal abuse as I am. We need to ban these repeat offenders and make sure Riot is well aware of the issue.

Clean up the LoL servers and make the game fun again!

Aureline

09-24-2012

EDIT: AryaAlbatross was inb4 me. :P

I have to agree, though. We all know the posts riddled with expletives and rage, barely coherent that float through the forums once in a while. Sometimes they're in all caps and really don't make any sense. People are much more prone to immediately dismissing someone who's written communication skills on that level just include a lot of curse words.

I'm not condemning the OP for this, or anything! By about the 2nd or 3rd page I sort of got where he was coming from, and our discussion now is pretty plain.

Back on point! There has to be a way to reduce TR, though. I don't like the idea of TR, at all. I don't like the idea of being able to point fingers at players and them to have a stigma on them that would prevent people from playing with them based only on the notion that some people have attitude issues, but then they change.

I'm a 20-year-old girl. I play, act, and behave differently than a 14-year-old boy. Lots of the players of LoL are still developing as individuals. Someone could act one way, and then six months later, have mellowed out a ton, but they still have the TR marks from way back when.

The solution to this would be to make a new account to avoid the TR. But that's another problem in itself, and should be avoided.

Again, I think there needs to be some sort of system implemented that, rather than punishing and marking players for bad behavior, rewards and recognizes those who are doing good things. Positive reinformcent, rather than negative reinforcement. Getting a slap on the wrist for doing something wrong, rather than a piece of candy for something right.

I think that's what the proposed "Honor" system is going to do. I've just heard mutters about it on PBE, but I'm excited for its implementation. It won't, as I have said, be an instant fix, but nothing ever is going to fix this problem. There are too many individuals involved.

mistmann

09-24-2012

*** edit, ill be back for more game started

i have learning disablities and a brian contusion im trying to make them ledgable trust me

**** back to edit

aureline, im not taking it as an attack, im just special and dont like to flag it but if some one calls me out on it i cant change the way i wright or spell, but i can inform the 2nd or 3rd party

i just want some thing changed and am trying to vioce what i may think may help. but being able to kick people is an easy and quick fix. and maybe not the 60sec hold time who knows but some thing needs to be done to fix what these servers are turning into

Aureline

09-24-2012

It's not a personal attack! Please don't take it that way. I know some browsers will correct small errors, and most will underline or at least let you know. I'm on Internet Explorer at the moment and nothing comes up if I make a mistake, so it's not a big deal.

Have fun in your game!

AryaAlbatross

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureline View Post
EDIT: AryaAlbatross was inb4 me. :P

I have to agree, though. We all know the posts riddled with expletives and rage, barely coherent that float through the forums once in a while. Sometimes they're in all caps and really don't make any sense. People are much more prone to immediately dismissing someone who's written communication skills on that level just include a lot of curse words.

I'm not condemning the OP for this, or anything! By about the 2nd or 3rd page I sort of got where he was coming from, and our discussion now is pretty plain.

Back on point! There has to be a way to reduce TR, though. I don't like the idea of TR, at all. I don't like the idea of being able to point fingers at players and them to have a stigma on them that would prevent people from playing with them based only on the notion that some people have attitude issues, but then they change.

I'm a 20-year-old girl. I play, act, and behave differently than a 14-year-old boy. Lots of the players of LoL are still developing as individuals. Someone could act one way, and then six months later, have mellowed out a ton, but they still have the TR marks from way back when.

The solution to this would be to make a new account to avoid the TR. But that's another problem in itself, and should be avoided.

Again, I think there needs to be some sort of system implemented that, rather than punishing and marking players for bad behavior, rewards and recognizes those who are doing good things. Positive reinformcent, rather than negative reinforcement. Getting a slap on the wrist for doing something wrong, rather than a piece of candy for something right.

I think that's what the proposed "Honor" system is going to do. I've just heard mutters about it on PBE, but I'm excited for its implementation. It won't, as I have said, be an instant fix, but nothing ever is going to fix this problem. There are too many individuals involved.
Honor system, eh? This is an interesting idea, and I definitely plan on reading more about it. As a normal LoL player(also a 20-year-old female, what a coincidence xD), I would definitely enjoy seeing rewards for not being a troll or abusive player. I think it'd definitely help slow down the trolls, because who wouldn't want bonus IP, or discounted skins, or whatever they're thinking of offering.

Also, wow, I feel like a jackass, OP. Kudos to you for the thread, then and I apologize for any offense. I'm just so used to people completely ignoring the rules of the English language or messing it up on purpose, it's hard not to assume that's what everyone with poor grammar is doing.

Aureline

09-24-2012

It's clear that just about everyone understands that there is a problem with certain aspects of the community. What I want to know is what the actual feeders and trolls think about it.

This is why I sometimes add people after a game of them raging. Because when I chat with them later, they're completely rational, normal human beings.

Is this a "In the Mind of a Troll" sort of thing? Yes, yes it is.

mistmann

09-24-2012

i try not to add polymorf trolls. just my personal opion :P