Puregg is right!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mistmann

09-24-2012

"""""Deciding not to dodge and choosing to AFK the entirety of the match is not an acceptable option. If you have decided at champion select that you do not want to play with the people on your team and your choices are dodge or AFK for an entire match, then it is your responsibility to dodge.

It's not that I feel you should be punished with a 30 minute wait if you decide to dodge. In fact, that 30 minute penalty for dodging exists for a different reason. But rather, I feel that you're doing a great disservice to the rest of the people in your match if you've decided before the loading screen that you're going to AFK the entire match yet refuse to dodge. Heck, even if you decide a teammate of yours DESERVES to have his game ruined because of assumptions you've made of him based on his champ-select chat, you're still ruining the game for 3 teammates and 5 enemies.

And wow, for all of those people who complain so much about AFKers holding them down in "Elo hell," when you take this action and decide to stay in the lobby and AFK the entire match rather than simply dodging, you're adding to this problem. You're causing 4 teammates, deserving or not, to lose a match they may not have deserved to lose because of your pre-match decision to stay in queue, load into game, and AFK the entire game. And you're also causing 5 teammates to win a match they may not have deserved to win, falsely inflating their Elo by one victory.

I'm not trying to defend trolls, ragers, or harassers.

But it's important to point out that two wrongs definitely don't make a right. You can't partake in behavior like this just because you don't feel like putting up with a troll, because you're only adding to the problem. What about the other guys on your team that now have to put up with both a troll AND an AFKer? How is that fair to them?""""""

ok now take off your ethical glasses, im a 12 year old whos home from school, a colledge student with 1hr and 20 mins before college, or im a drug dealer with no life being self portrayed. i agree going afk ruins 8-9 players but the punishment is more sever to dodge then to afk to these people that only care about time. 8th admendment?

and if AFK is not an option then why is it done in almost all games! and i hate hate hate, all players feel they have big testiclites cause they can ban, gives them a since of power they never had, before tribunal it was just play hard hes trolling, now it s ban him and surrender the next one will be good. i dont care to ban any one i just want to play a good game and want to tshare the exp with my team.

^^ GG WP, at teh start is ignorant and a tactic in 3rings.... thats for after the game. it all comes down to why does every one want to run the gam?

Aureline

09-24-2012

I can't understand about 80% of what's being said by the OP.

Is this thread trying to find a solution for a problem, or is it simply pointing out the problem and waiting for people to either agree or disagree?

mistmann

09-24-2012

lol its was a thread that followed a thread to be able to kick trolls before the game started and had them a wait que of a min or some thing like that

a little bit of both, cause there is a problem and im trying to describe it the best i know how

Aureline

09-24-2012

Bottom line, though, don't AFK in a game. AFKing a game where you're sick of people trolling is like saying you're going to set fire to a bunch of trees, to protest people being cruel to the environment.

It never helps. It also makes anyone reading this take you less seriously, and be less inclined to help you, because literally no one likes a "Leaver."

Literally no one.

mistmann

09-24-2012

but im not saying that im going to afk,

im saying in phycology what is more sever

being shocked and recieving piece of candy(dodging), or NO SHOCK, take a nap, and wake up to breakfast (afking)

im saying the crime doesnt fit the punishment its crule and unusal

Aureline

09-24-2012

Dodging queue is not against the rules. AFKing or leaving a game is against the rules. The first is not a reportable or punishable offense; the second one is.

mistmann

09-24-2012

ima go ahead and say this, ive played for almost 2 years now. never seen any one get in trouble for afking.

You can commit murder then u get to roam the streets, if u roam far enough away u get away with it. but once again you get caught go to trial and ur not guilty hahah no u were pooping thats ok and the fecal particals shot into the vent system and thats how she got botulism, blame the building? who to blame?

why not fix the problem before it starts, thats what the thread is about to piont out its less of a punishment to afk then to dodge. and if we had power to VOTEKICK! takes 4 votes it could get rid of trolls give them a 1 min wait time..... 60 seconds, even if ur hated not trolling wronge place wronge time 60 sec wait is ok.

Aureline

09-24-2012

I still don't think you're following. AFK-ing or leaving is reportable. If you are reported enough times, you are banned.

Dodging queue is not against the rules, but it is still an inconvenience. Hence the timer that goes into place when you do dodge.

Votekicking is a nightmare of an idea. Imagine a 4-man premade votekicking the 5th random person, just to have a laugh of it.

And your idea of "well if you aren't trolling and you're kicked, then a 60-second wait is okay" is equally ridiculous. Imagine, for a moment, picture it with me - the rage littering the forums from people being randomly kicked from queues for no other reason than the whimsy of a majority of people.

Dodging does not affect the game itself. Because the game does not start.

AFK-ing leaves your in-game team crippled, without someone to help defend, and decreases morale majorly.

mistmann

09-24-2012

but being banned people have lots of smurfs, so oh man that charsa sbanned lets get on troll 5 accnt and get to work.

people speed, people talk on the phone and drive, people KIILL people.... all against rules, but we are at tyrant age in society no one follows rules.

4-man premades are the least of my worries ok so u have a colledge group that just votekicking people for fun, they can do that all day, because they will never game and cant troll the fith person cause hes kick from Que, and votekick is only in Que once game starts you cant do it anymore its only to depick trolls before they AFK you or troll you. after the load screen its all the same if the trolling is after the Que then ban after the game and hope that JUDGE RIOT will have time fore your case in 3 months

look at the forms now we are trying to piont out TROLLS and what to do with them they are roaring now, id rather see poast im pisssed a 4 man pre made kicked me, rather then FK that FK this i wanted mid he stole it, I called this and the other guy Double jungled.

what this is to enable is communication before the game to advert trolls and make sure every one is on the same page.

votekicking would not affect the game either because the game hadent started yet

im in AGREEANCE with you on Afk'ing is wrong, what im trying to do is piont out even though its not right, its being done because there is nothing to stop it or adviod it and the punishment is not fitting is all im trying to piont out or say

Aureline

09-24-2012

Okay, I think I'm finally getting the crux of what you mean. Sorry, sometimes it's hard to read what you're writing, but I've got it now.

What if there was a timer to AFKing, similar to Dodging? If the game senses you quit out/left a game, you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can play again? As far as I know, this sort of already happens; if you leave a game, you can't do anything else as long as the game is still going.

I see leaver/AFK-er cases coming to the Tribunal a lot. Don't discount the current system.

It is unacceptable for a game to allow any player to be ejected from the queue simply because they were voted out by people wanting a laugh. That, to me, is equally gross and offensive as those who troll and harrass while within the game. Riot would never implement something like that. It is an incredibly backwards step.

I do agree and acknowledge your point that something needs to be altered, but ultimately, positive reinformcent may win out in the end. The current system seeks to punish those who have already done wrong, rather than rewarding those who do good to begin with, without all the drama.