Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

@Riot In game team speak??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So, I got approved to beta test Dota2... I played one game and I think it is terrible. However, I loved the idea that during the one game I was in, I was also on a team speak with my team. I also liked the fact that they have an audio voice that calls mia in addition to the pings.

I would love to see these 2 features introduced to LoL! Other than that I find our game far superior. If this has already been brought up a million times, sorry for bringing it up again I did not look to find out how many times, if any, others addressed this.

Soul Relay

there are three problems with that, that I can see:

One there are some really annoying people on the internet that will make bad calls and bad plays if there is a team speak then he can put more influence in then he should be able to. Not only that but it just opens a whole new Pandoras' box of trolling and villainy. Not to mention how hard it would be to review tribunal case with audio to sift through as well.

Two a person who refuses to participate would automatically be branded as a detriment to the team despite his actual skill level or him making good pings, and calling mia in chat. It would create a standard that you have to potentially put up with annoying kids on team speak just because you didn't have your friends on for a premade and wanted to play a game.

Lastly despite there already being a minor issues with people who don't speak the same language just calling mia and pinging isn't hard for a foreigner to do. If you introduce team speak those people are at a natural disadvantage because of the prior mentioned point 2 about people who don't use the feature.

I mean there is a reason that vast majority of people don't use team speak in team fortress 2 despite good team work being essential in the game and I admit it's not as crucial in tf2 to be coordinated but it sure does make a tangible difference.

This would be annoying in my opinion because it would remind me of playing COD on a console with all the kids or jerks swearing at you or some one and talking smack. It's bad enough to see it in the in-game chat let alone having a vocal person yapping about how you or some one else sucks. I use vent and play with friends so I don't have any issues not having an in game voice program. Just my opinion.