Give Xerath's ult an ammo system

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

11-12-2012

Idea 1) I personally feel like a 20 second cooldown would kill him. You'd get people using it more often, and never have enough ready to burst someone down when they get the chance. I know this is down to playstyle; but I think this would be a worse feeling that not having your ultimate at all. In my opinion, if Karma could activate Mantra once per minute to empower all her abilities for the next 7 second should would *feel* much better. Having a short burst of power feels better than having sustained power with no *umph*.

Idea 2) Xerath is already an arguable rip-off of AP Kog'Maw... you can't go and steal his ultimate as well. :/

Idea for a passive:
Locus of Power (Innate): The cooldowns of Xerath's basic abilities are reduced by 0.5 seconds by second every time an ability is cast nearby; his ultimate is reduced by 1 second. (Then rename his W to Ascended Form).

I know it's a bit of a rip-off of Ryze, but the two effects would feel different. Ryze is all about sustained-burst damage, he's all about spewing out constant damage. Xerath remains having fairly long cooldowns, and would feel like he gets strong in the presence of magic. ^_^

thiefaturtle

11-18-2012

bump!
Or at least change his ult.
Or change his skills around.
He is a cool champ but he doesn't feel like a long range caster...

Titiln

12-23-2012

bump

Yma Sumac

12-23-2012

your passive idea would never work because Riot hates RNG

Lacriga

12-23-2012

Ignore the "twin casting" option and go for the ammo system.

NotDevan

12-23-2012

They should just make his ult refresh on kill and do true damage.