Give Xerath's ult an ammo system

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmrldCitySlasher

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineyLeee View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't agree with this at all? Putting his ult on an ammo system with 1/3 of the original cooldown for each "bullet" would result in it not being affected by CDR
CDR affects ammo. Look at Karmas ult, its affected by CDR.

EmrldCitySlasher

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Why not just slightly reduce the cd if he doesn't use all of the charges?
Because that wouldnt make him more fun.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I actually don't think he's deficient at poking right now. Once you get your Q/W leveled up you can rattle off long range poke constantly. I think the usability of his W and passive need to be addressed before his ultimate.
because being able to deal 235(+0.6) every three seconds is sooooo valuable... just think of all the assists you can get once his W is worth the effort to push its button!

Xerath needs a complete remake. his kit just isn't useful. at all. there is no reason to allow him to take up a slot on a team.

Annie can stun multiple people.

Veigar has wildly better burst and CC.

Lux has just as much range on her Q/E but can snipe at even greater ranges and for greater burst with her ult.

Morgana is Morgana and can do just about anything well enough on top of Black Shield.

Ahri has real mobility and spectacular laning.

Brand has more damage and is better at the poke-war thing due to his passive.

Anivia can also stun multiple people, but has supreme CC and extreme burst on top of one of the best passives in the game.

Fiddles wins matches with just his ult -- Xerath has never done so.

Kennen has spammable stuns, an extremely powerful ult and no reliance on mana.

Malzahar always wins his lane and can shut down any opponent with his ult which only has ~20 seconds more cooldown but causes suppression for an entire second longer than Xerath can stun, without requiring a skillshot.

Ryze is hilariously (infamously) tankier than Xerath simply due to his build options and can crush a lane opponent at level 2 with nothing but boots.

Zyra isn't blowing my skirt up, but for those with the good luck to be up against an idiot in lane, she can dish out just as much damage as Xerath while providing very very solid amounts of AoE CC and utility.

why. pick. Xerath? why????? give me a reason to put up with his BORING gameplay instead of just fiddling with the numbers on his W and passive. if he's such an awesomely powerful mage, how come he has the weakest base damage and mediocre scaling? it's not like Void Staff isn't already a must-have on every mage in every match (thanks to the continued existence of overpowered MR items like BVeil), and it's not like a mage should be targetting anyone but the carry anyway (if you care about the meta and not getting reported / banned).

EmrldCitySlasher

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
IMO, the scary thing about giving his ultimate a charge system is balancing it around the fact that a Q + Single R can burst away a creep wave at any stage of the game. At least Anivia must stay relatively close the wave while she DPS's it down.
And then you realize that if he uses his ult to farm minions, his damage would go WAY down in a teamfight due to only having 1 or 2 charges. Its a tradeoff. Farm or be ready for potential teamfight?

Fliptodark13

10-05-2012

Personally think Xerath is fine where he is, don't really think he needs an ammo system on his ult because the cooldown gets ridiculously low with blue+Athene's, like 32 seconds.
I would change his passive for sure though, it's retarded.
Also would take the .1 buff on his e and put it on his q.
Though what you're saying makes sense, I personally feel Xerath is strong enough, though more of a niche pick than anything.
Good against a lot of mids if you play him well.

Papy Mougeot

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmrldCitySlasher View Post
And then you realize that if he uses his ult to farm minions, his damage would go WAY down in a teamfight due to only having 1 or 2 charges. Its a tradeoff. Farm or be ready for potential teamfight?
this

edit : to the OP, I think you can remove the passive idea on the first post, even if it's a sexy idea, the RNG form make that riot will never do that imo.

Jayjayko

10-05-2012

Awesome that you got so much support to this thread. Thumbs up

Still Eternity

10-05-2012

Bamp!

Still Eternity

10-05-2012

Bamp!

EmrldCitySlasher

10-06-2012

bump