Give Xerath's ult an ammo system

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prophet Six

09-29-2012

This is a brilliant idea. I miss playing Xerath so badly, I'd love to see this.

Magus Magi

09-29-2012

Bump.

XElement

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus Magi View Post
I'm not sure if this would really be a problem, Riot would endeavor to balance any changes before integrating them into the game. If it were discovered that the balance issues were too much, they could always revert him. I think this idea has so much support because Xerath has so many problems right now and doing something is almost certainly better than doing nothing. It also brings him more in line with his original concept.
True, I agree he has issues.

but if he had "ammo" like say corki just not as fast...well, I fear he is OP because of his W.
Gives you Magic Pent already, but greatly increases your range. You land your stun and an ult and then burst him with a Q and maybe another saved up R. Point is...wouldn't be hard to harass your enemies with your W and easy to stun with him.
Plus his ult is strong isn't it? It is an AoE but it does nice damage?

HailSing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

as for the passive

It was that there is a chance for him to do a free spell cast right after the first spell cast at no cost and in the same direction.

Now that I think of it, his E might be pretty OP with this as in there is a chance for the stun to proc on the second hit for another proc with a different spell.

Ancient Tower

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmrldCitySlasher View Post
Give his ult an ammo system similar to Akali's.

-It would get rid of the "completely useless when his ult is down" issue
I'd like to see this for the sole purpose of solving this issue.

Magus Magi

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
True, I agree he has issues.

but if he had "ammo" like say corki just not as fast...well, I fear he is OP because of his W.
Gives you Magic Pent already, but greatly increases your range. You land your stun and an ult and then burst him with a Q and maybe another saved up R. Point is...wouldn't be hard to harass your enemies with your W and easy to stun with him.
Plus his ult is strong isn't it? It is an AoE but it does nice damage?
I do see where you are coming from, and it's true that some of his other moves might need tweaking with a change like this one. Still, the bright side is, by giving Xerath an ammo system it limits his ability to both harass with his ult and burst with it. Players would need to save up ammo in order to burst, which would tip off opponents. Plus, even though it is easier to land his stun with his ult than with his Q, you would still need to get close enough to use his E, which exposes him to as much danger as it would if you were planning to follow up with a Q. Finally, it is possible that the ult itself might see a minor nerf as a result of it being more versatile, so I don't think you'd need to worry about his ult as it is now being spammable.

Juggernaut1119

09-29-2012

/signed

as someone who once mained Xerath I think this is an excellent idea.

captainwattle

09-29-2012

RED POST WHERe

EmrldCitySlasher

09-29-2012

final bump before i go to bed

Magus Magi

09-29-2012

My final post tonight too. Bump for up votes. Bump for reds. Bump for Xerath and the cause!