Give Xerath's ult an ammo system

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nawo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

I support this.

EmrldCitySlasher

09-22-2012

bump

HowardDeanFan

09-22-2012

I find this idea interesting and worth looking into for Riot.

I am a fan of Xerath but I always felt he had a few obvious problems. He lacks burst before lvl 6 and after, has a tough time pulling off a full combo with his stun down. I like his mechanics and how he plays. I find him kind of fun to play honestly. There are just a few tweeks I think might make him a bit better overall.

Like, if Mage Chains had a small slow (15-20% nothing big) when you hit with it, it might make his early game a bit better and work a bit better thematically. I mean, I have rarely had a problem landing an E/Q but I think a bit of help might be good. Also, because he physically can't do much besides stunning a guy and then letting him walk away before lvl 6, it might make his long cooldowns a bit more bearable if you could waste a little bit of time slowing the enemy.

I was thinking of an idea similar to Brand where, if you hit someone with Mage Chains and then your Q, the surrounding enemies take dmg as well but that's pretty much the same ability as Conflagration so that's kind of dumb. problem with Xerath is that even though he is a pretty decent farmer, he is slow because he has to wait for cooldowns. I think the Ammo system proposed here might help with that as well. Being allowed to drop an ult or two to clear out a minion wave without being scared of not having your ult up when you need it will help his pushing power a lot.

I mean, Xerath is one of those champs that came in with high hopes, the idea of an artillery mage, but ended up being kind of bland. His one really unique ability, Locus of Power, is a self disable that can make him a liability in a roving team fight. Either you will use it, then leave it to chase and it wont be back up again when you need that far shot or you wait to use it and miss out on the magic pen advantage.

In a way, I feel if Locus of Power gave one of his other abilities unique advantages, he would see more play but even eith having a unique MO, he is very meat and potatoes play wise. On top of it all, he has very little disruption coupled with terrible mobility. Makes him tough to use over someone like Gragas who has crazy mobility and a giant AoE disruption as well as being a good artillery piece.

EmrldCitySlasher

09-22-2012

bump

JoeVector

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

Agreed, this would definitely fit the sieging playstyle a lot better.

EmrldCitySlasher

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardDeanFan View Post
I find this idea interesting and worth looking into for Riot.

I am a fan of Xerath but I always felt he had a few obvious problems. He lacks burst before lvl 6 and after, has a tough time pulling off a full combo with his stun down. I like his mechanics and how he plays. I find him kind of fun to play honestly. There are just a few tweeks I think might make him a bit better overall.

Like, if Mage Chains had a small slow (15-20% nothing big) when you hit with it, it might make his early game a bit better and work a bit better thematically. I mean, I have rarely had a problem landing an E/Q but I think a bit of help might be good. Also, because he physically can't do much besides stunning a guy and then letting him walk away before lvl 6, it might make his long cooldowns a bit more bearable if you could waste a little bit of time slowing the enemy.

I was thinking of an idea similar to Brand where, if you hit someone with Mage Chains and then your Q, the surrounding enemies take dmg as well but that's pretty much the same ability as Conflagration so that's kind of dumb. problem with Xerath is that even though he is a pretty decent farmer, he is slow because he has to wait for cooldowns. I think the Ammo system proposed here might help with that as well. Being allowed to drop an ult or two to clear out a minion wave without being scared of not having your ult up when you need it will help his pushing power a lot.

I mean, Xerath is one of those champs that came in with high hopes, the idea of an artillery mage, but ended up being kind of bland. His one really unique ability, Locus of Power, is a self disable that can make him a liability in a roving team fight. Either you will use it, then leave it to chase and it wont be back up again when you need that far shot or you wait to use it and miss out on the magic pen advantage.

In a way, I feel if Locus of Power gave one of his other abilities unique advantages, he would see more play but even eith having a unique MO, he is very meat and potatoes play wise. On top of it all, he has very little disruption coupled with terrible mobility. Makes him tough to use over someone like Gragas who has crazy mobility and a giant AoE disruption as well as being a good artillery piece.
He should gain defenses when he goes into seige mode.

JumboJubah

09-22-2012

bump

HowardDeanFan

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmrldCitySlasher View Post
He should gain defenses when he goes into seige mode.
Would be nice. He already gains Armor from stacking AP which is "alright" I guess. It stops tanky dps/ADC people from one shotting you the second you go into Locus of Power and not be able to react. It doesn't do much for him in lane unless the enemy jungler really wants to gank you. It might be nice if, since 15% of your AP is turned to armor, maybe 5% is turned to MR as well. Let's you not need to itemize against magic dmg as much but also doesn't let you completely ignore building MR.

Hurricaneo0oo

09-22-2012

bump

EmrldCitySlasher

09-22-2012

bump for red post