Talon Top.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yankotsu

05-19-2013

Hello LoL community. I love playing Talon! But in ranked his main role is a counter mid, which people call a troll pick. So I want to try running him top lane. Any suggestions on a build/game play for a good Talon solo top?

I would appreciate if yu could help with a build, gameplay strategy, and masteries.

Yankotsu

05-21-2013

Bump please

iChaosDragon

05-21-2013

I've been maining Talon for well over 5 months now. He does extremely well against those AP squishy mage casting mid laners, so next time you should tell your team that Talon is actually supposed to go mid.

Talon is a fun AD assassin, however; he depends on his early game to snowball well into the lategame. With all the bruisers and constant trading up top, Talon may find it hard to actually burst down those fatty champions, thus he is unable to do his job in assassination later. Talon usually isn't considered a top lane champion, however he may be viable against those squishier top laners.

If you still desire to use Talon top, you can attempt to build him standard assassin - BT,LastWhisper,Cleaver as core items. However you may find yourself struggling for gold if you fail to trade well. Talon's poke is not the best and a full engage depends on him combo'ing his skills together, after that, he has no DPS which leaves him vulnerable to counter attacks. This is generally why he fails top.

You may build Talon the standard tanky bruiser at top, but be warned, you will lose out on damage.
I honestly can't help you much with Talon as top lane as he is not a top laned champion.

TL;DR: Talon bad top, mid better.

SWEATYSOCKOFDOOM

05-21-2013

I agree, i hate seeing someone go talon top because talon isn't very good late game as he has no cc. Why pick talon when you could have someone like singed, cho, lee sin, jayce, etc go top: these champs are more tanky and help more later game.
I find talon only useful in shutting down mid champs such as kassadin or lux