Thoughts?

Yes. Great idea... 2 28.57%
No. I didn't like his theme/skillset/....something 2 28.57%
I don't think an AP, Rage, Mage is a good idea at all 2 28.57%
Yes but with some tweeks here and there 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Concept] Yan - the Ruthless Madman ...a Rage AP mage..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo Tomita

11-12-2012

Agramil Yankovich - the Ruthless Madman

Attachment 568007Attachment 568008Attachment 568010

Attachment 643073thanks to Howi3 i found this amazing artwork

Quote:
Yan abilities don't have any cost related to them, therefore the use of his abilities is only limited by cooldowns. Instead he uses Rage as his secondary bar. Yan starts with 0 Rage, and has a cap of 100 Rage. He gains 5 Rage per autoattack, 5 Rage per skill and 10 extra Rage per any unit he kills. When out of combat for 10 seconds, Yan loses 5 Rage every second.
Innate - Madman's Chains: When Yan has 50 or more Rage, his next ability will consume 50 Rage for an enhanced effect and will also snare the target for a short period.

Snare: 0.5, 0.75, 1 second. (his effect cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 7 seconds.)

Q - Rip Ribs: Yan next basic attack will receive bonus damage and slow based on rage amount.
Rage Bonus: At no Rage cost, resets Rip Ribs cooldown. A percentage of the next Rip Ribs damage casted in the next 3 seconds will generate Rage but will not stack slow.

Damage: 30, 45, 60, 75, 90 (+ 0.40 Total AP) as Physical Damage + 1 True Damage per Rage Point.
Slow: 15% + 0.5 flat MS per Rage Point for 3 seconds (if Yan have 100 Rage he will slow 50 + 15% )
Cooldown: 7
Rage Bonus Convertion: 10% damage dealt converted in Rage.

W - Merciless Assault: Yan spins both of his chains in a area in front of him, enemies caught by both weapons takes a percentage of the damage dealt as overtime.
Rage Bonus: Resets Merciless Assault cooldown. This skill becomes Merciless Charge, Yan dashes forward, damaging and knocking aside enemies he hits along the way.

Damage: 35, 50, 65, 80, 95 (0.25 Total AP) per AoE as Magical Damage...x2 in targets caught by both chains
Overtime Damage: 15% over 3 seconds
AoE: 300 units x2
Range: 200 units
Cooldown: 15
Merciless Charge Damage: 35, 50, 65, 80, 95 (0.5 Total AP) as Physical Damage
Merciless Charge Range: 500 units

This skill are 2 circles in front of Yan, the area where they converge is the area of the overtime damage part

E - Dragging : When casted Yan send his chains in a line towards a target location. If it hits an enemy unit, it will deal initial Physical Damage and leash to it, slowing their movement speed for a short duration.
Rage Bonus: While snared Yan grabs enemy champion with both weapons.Recast to throw the grasped enemy at a target area.

Damage: 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 (+0.45 AP) as Magical Damage
Range: 600 units
Slow: 15% over 2 seconds
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Rage Bonus Range: 400 units

R - Rest in Pieces:
Yan passively increase the amount of Rage based on total Ability Power.
When casted Yan send chains to every enemy in a area around him. He is shielded by a percentage of the damage dealt.
Rage Bonus: Yan is healed by a percentage of the damage dealt.

Passive Rage Boost: 0.1 Rage per AP (with 400 AP, Yan will have 40 Rage bonus, in a total of 140 Rage bar)
Damage: 50, 100, 150 (+1.0 Total AP) as Magical Damage
Shield: 50, 60, 70% Damage Dealt last 5 seconds
AoE: 800 units
Cooldown: 20
Rage Bonus Heal: 75% Damage Dealt

Quote:
Statistics
Health: 6/10
Damage: 5/10
Spell: 8/10
Dificulty: 8/10

Quote:
Base Stats:

Heatlh: 500 (+85) = 2030 at lvl 18
Health Regen: 10 (+1.25) = 32.5 at lvl 18
Attack Damage: 47 (+4) = 119 at lvl 18
Attack Speed: 0.5 (+1%) = 0.59 at lvl 18
Rage: 100 (+ 0.1 per AP)
Armor: 25 (+1) = 43 at lvl 18
Magic Res: 30
Range: 550
Move Speed: 310
Leo Tomita Index Page

Leo Tomita

11-12-2012

finished

Leo Tomita

11-20-2012

items here too

The5lacker

11-20-2012

Personally, I can't figure out why he scales on AP. I mean, he's swinging his chains around slapping people in the face with 'em. That'd scale on AD, wouldn't it?

Really, I feel like a Rage based caster could work, but you have to go full caster. This is a melee brawler with some nice crowd control who (rather poorly) scales on AP. Ick.

Leo Tomita

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Personally, I can't figure out why he scales on AP. I mean, he's swinging his chains around slapping people in the face with 'em. That'd scale on AD, wouldn't it?

Really, I feel like a Rage based caster could work, but you have to go full caster. This is a melee brawler with some nice crowd control who (rather poorly) scales on AP. Ick.
that's exactly the reason i build him...to propose the end of stereotype of that matter...Jayce has a energy ball skill wich scales with AD...Jax have 2 skills scaling with AP...Diana's Innate...are examples of Ability Power....not magical power...they tend to deal magical damage...but that is another thing...
it requires ability to use chains with attached weapons in the face of enemies without hurting himself.
i was thinking outside the safe zone....

build mage who throws fireballs at enemies scaling with AP is easy...i am not saying that Yan i a great idea at all...i am defending the thought process...all Riot Champions have something unique...the tend to disguise some skills...but they remember each other if you look closely..
Nidalee, Elise and Jayce
Nautilus and Blitzcrank
Lux, Syndra, Morgana, Zyra, Annie.....

but remembering they all have a detail who made them so "diferent" from each other and thats great....and THIS is the reason i "build" a Rage/Mage/AP scaling...do you understand me? i suck at English writting..

Leo Tomita

12-03-2012

new art for him

Leo Tomita

12-31-2012

base stats at lvl 18 added

Dzanio

01-01-2013

Passive: This will farm up rage too quickly. I think the snare would be more appropriate if it were limited to a single target, perhaps through an auto attack.

Q: I would move the slow to the bonus rage effect, and make it consume rage.

E: This is a pretty long range pull, especially if you activate it a second time for the throw. I'd make sure it has a long base cd.

R: Cool.

General Note: This set up seems like it would work better as a fury system (i.e. Rengar), than a rage system (i.e. Tryndamere).

MilkusWolfus

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Tomita View Post
Innate - Madman's Chains: When Yan has 50 or more Rage, his next ability will consume 50 Rage for an enhanced effect and will also snare the target for a short period.

Snare: 0.5, 0.75, 1 second. (his effect cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 7 seconds.)
Basic rage explanation. I see you have some AoEs. Not sure how strong the snares will be with that.

Quote:
Q - Rip Ribs: Yan next basic attack will receive bonus damage and slow based on rage amount.
Rage Bonus: At no Rage cost, resets Rip Ribs cooldown. A percentage of the next Rip Ribs damage casted in the next 3 seconds will generate Rage but will not stack slow.
First part seems kind of basic as well, though I feel like something named "Rip Ribs" should be more of a bleed rather than slow. The Rage bonus costs no Rage while generating Rage? um huh?

Quote:
W - Merciless Assault: Yan spins both of his chains in a area in front of him, enemies caught by both weapons takes a percentage of the damage dealt as overtime.
Rage Bonus: Resets Merciless Assault cooldown. This skill becomes Merciless Charge, Yan dashes forward, damaging and knocking aside enemies he hits along the way.
First part I like, Second part is good with the exception of the resetting cooldown. Does it reset as soon as you reach 50 Rage or if your over 50 Rage you use [Merciless Assault] then [Merciless Charge] becomes available?

Quote:
E - Dragging : When casted Yan send his chains in a line towards a target location. If it hits an enemy unit, it will deal initial Physical Damage and leash to it, slowing their movement speed for a short duration.
Rage Bonus: While snared Yan grabs enemy champion with both weapons.Recast to throw the grasped enemy at a target area.
So the rage bonus part can only be used on snared foes? So you have to use rage to snare a foe then in 1s have enough rage to cast this?

Quote:
R - Rest in Pieces:
Yan passively increase the amount of Rage based on total Ability Power.
When casted Yan send chains to every enemy in a area around him. He is shielded by a percentage of the damage dealt.
Rage Bonus: Yan is healed by a percentage of the damage dealt.
More rage cap, okay. Huge AoE with a shield/heal with much to be desired in damage. ChampionSelect is a great website to see stats and ranges to help compare your concepts to current champions.

Overall: I like the God of War feel of this champion. Artwork is nice as well. I must agree that the AP bruiser is a little odd mostly because his abilities don't have a magic feel. Even just stating he empowers his weapons with the power of darkness/fire could warrant AP. I feel a bit more clarity on how the skills will flow together could help readers understand how your champion will play. I forgot about the snare for most of this review though quickly I think if you moved the snare to his ultimate and had it double snare time 50+ rage I think it would give it a much more Ultimate feel rather than simply a self heal and shield. Or rather just a shield without rage.

Leo Tomita

03-23-2013

new art on him