Tryn Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFKray

11-17-2009

Hey, so I've made Tryn my backup main now and I build him a bit differently from a lot of others so I'd like to hear how others build him, especially the non-conventional way. Particularly interested in your first 3 or so items, as this time is when Tryn is his weakest.

I normally go Rejuv Bead --> Warden's Mail. Why? 90 armor is no joke, (tryn's base armor is pitiful) and chance to slow melee does wonders to keep you alive. Also can slow those as you spin away after Undying Rage. I've seen builds that go Warmong's and focus on a tanky Tryn, but I just don't feel that's his way. He's supposed to utilize his health bar and have it drop, to Undying only to fill it after consuming your Max bloodthirst. It sounds crazy but the lower hp + higher resistances to physical/magic make it a bit more balance and also utilizes each point of HP that much more! (since you do effectively get like 1.5 lives)

From there I go Merc's for the magic resist to balance it out. Nothing worse than getting nuked and focused and not being able to get Undying off in time.

Here is where I am not sure of. Recently I've been trendy to go a Avarice--> phantom dancer. I use the Nimbleness mastery and the crit and Ias is a perfect compliment.

Most say, "why no damage!" Well, at this stage in the game my health is a bit too low to rambo and I would rather utilize Mocking Shout at 5 as support until I can get my first BF sword. However, survivability is where I aim for as Tryn really, really, needs all the gold he can get to prosper. This includes the gold gained from well...living and not dying. Your thoughts? P..s i usually go for an infinity after the PD. But the dodge + crit + ias is just wonderful

Bloodba7h

11-17-2009

Very interesting build.

It's been so long since I've dusted off the old Trynd, so I'll have to give your build a shot.

I just love doing massive crits early on with huge ULT survivability/gankability.. the glass lightsaber, really.

Will let you know in a couple days.

AFKray

11-17-2009

Yeah while that route is quite fun, the problem is that you have to end up popping your ult really early on or else you're going down. Not to mention one blind/exhaust makes you pretty useless for your ult.

toomad

11-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFKush View Post
--> Warden's Mail. [...] I've seen builds that go Warmong's and focus on a tanky Tryn, but I just don't feel that's his way. [...]
You go tanky while saying that you don't feel that would be his way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFKush View Post
Most say, "why no damage!" Well, at this stage in the game my health is a bit too low to rambo [...]
You don't need to rambo to get gold?