Broken Glass (Void Story, Very Closed RP, Hide the children!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShadowOfChaos

02-05-2013

"So....if we get out of here in one piece and such, what is our next venture? Though first I would like to know how the women are doing back at the cabin?"

He was tempted to say Gran-Gran, but held back because doing so would cause the Lizard to crash the platform just to wring his neck. Perhaps some small talk...everyone almost died so that would not the most appropriate choice.

Sykper

02-05-2013

"We should rest at the cab- Hng...!"

The Lizard suddenly recoiled in pain, gripping his head. Glass and the others worried for a moment till he waved them down-

"It-it's fine....just another batch of memories from the Professor...ugh, this will persist for some time..."

The Lizard's face suddenly darkened though, as if coming to a realization. 'Eh...? Wait...what's this...knowledge?'

"Hold on...something's wrong."

The Lizard puts his claw to his chin-line, thinking and leaving the others in suspense.

"The Professor is a manifestation of moraless unrestricted science. However...this doesn't mean he isn't held away from sciences already known on Valoran..."

"...Huh?" Glass raises a brow, this line of questioning is giving him a bad premonition.

"So ya saying da Professor knew every science on Valoran and his own, right?" Gormok interjects in the conversation, although a bit painfully his body is feeling slightly better. The Lizard nods, as he glances up at the roof of the factory, light surging from it and colorful but scorching hot liquids pour from it. In fact, the platform they were using as a lift sat on a 'stable' rail that was taking them away from it all, the base of the factory below was still exploding, on fire, or collapsing...

TheShadowOfChaos

02-05-2013

Phantom pondered on this. The fact that he knew every other science meant that not everything was Voidtech, technically. Then came the memory of one crazed machine herald and his many robotic creations. He then turns to look behind the platform as it made its way out. Did this mean that the Professor could've possibly made a hextech mech or something like that. Though he was stuck in the Voidmech back there...hmm. Phantom kept a close look around.

"Well that means he could've made other weaponry or mechs using Hextech or some of the more darker variants. That or he made something even worse...I think..."

Sykper

02-05-2013

"Mhmm, but not just the applications but the theories themselves! Robotics! Hex-technology! Bionic Assimilation! It's coming to me now...he knows all of these and how to apply them..."

Glass nodded before blinking. 'Huh..wait...'

"Bionic Assimilation?"

"Aye, I believe...from the memories, a scientist in your world discovered the method of converting flesh to machine, and having flesh merge with it as well..."

Glass scratches his head, but then his face freezes. Glass looks to Phantom, nodding as he touches his sword...

TheShadowOfChaos

02-05-2013

Phantom readied to draw Damnation quickly at first sight of danger, and he moved towards the Lizard while looking around very cautiously. "Anyways beside that...may I hold onto the key and all since you suffered so much...It would only be fair that I do so." His movements seemingly calm and relaxed.

Sykper

02-05-2013

The Lizard nods as he reaches for the card-chain-

...However, an imminent death sense kicked in for Glass and Phantom.

Glass was more on edge as he turned and saw a potent streak of darkness pass by between him and Phantom, grazing them both immediately without warning! The blast shook the lift violently, and both Phantom and Glass felt sharp pains across their arms!

{{ Mujun Rasen }}

It didn't take long to realize that was a powerful beam from before, barely missing either of them. Was it good or bad luck? One can't say for certain as a loud shearing noise of metal grinding the rail behind them escalated in tempo, and the vibrations were shaking the lift from the large distance!

"Where..."

A chilling voice echoed in all their minds, it was emotionless, or perhaps terribly angry it was hard to tell. One thing is for certain however, the object following behind them was starting to come into view, and getting larger as it was catching up.

The Voidmech had shifted its colors and shape, twisted tendrils like a cape dangled behind what was its helm. The brilliant white armor was now an abyssal dark, and some menancing mouths and fangs smiled or frowned with anger along most of the body. The helm had a penetrating red light still, but it looked more...organic. The entire thing was a monster of synthetic and bionic proportions, and the red cannon was charging up for another round!

"Are you....going? I need...your essences...must...start over...."

Actually, the voice wasn't chilling, the Professor just sounds more mechanical, his fusion with the Voidmech has chilled his insanity to something of a true terror of the Void!

"Don't let him get close! If this lift flips we are toast!" The Lizard cries out as the Professor's free hand extends a familiar chain claw!

TheShadowOfChaos

02-07-2013

"YOU THINK HE TOOK MY GESTURE THE WRONG WAY!?"

Phantom was not going to fall prey to the claw again and he pulled shadows from all sources around him including the thick smoke that was caused by the explosions. Molding the darkness in a quick fashion, he catapulted the mass of black at the extending claw. It was a strong concussion blast in hopes of knocking back and effectively slowing the Professor...mech...thing. Meanwhile, Damnation began charging up for its own attack.

Sykper

02-07-2013

The extendable claw lashed out, but was intercepted by Phantom's blast, staggering the arm for a bit. However, the mech continued to get closer, enough for Glass and Phantom to see the many mouths along the body of the mech open up, and red lines from them extend to various limbs on both Phantom and Glass. Missles slowly emerge, it was going to do a large barrage-!

"Shi-!"

Glass knew that if those missles exploded close to the lift...it would not bold well. But he had no means of attacking from the distance, and grit his teeth while preparing his blade. There were more than two dozen mouths with missles, like before he would have to cut off the explosive from the denonator...in mere seconds...

"I done had it wit this guy! I got a gesture right here!"

Gormak pushes his upper body off the ground as he gazes at the mech closing in, his eye glows brightly as he is about to laser the mech down! The Lizard is pressing the throttle on the lift, but the mech will catch up! 'What do we do? What can I do?' are the thoughts residing on every passenger, if the Professor catches up before they reach the exit...

TheShadowOfChaos

02-10-2013

The shadow warrior looked as the mutated machine got closer and closer with every second. It seemed to be preparing for another barrage of missiles that was obviously not good news for the lift. Phantom patted Glass' shoulder in a calm manner.

"You got this, Glass...no pressure whatsoever."

Phantom once again pointed Damnation at the mech only this time the beam was ready. However he waited for Gormak to fire in unison, so after sacirficing some of his armor, Phantom managed to form a salvo of spikes which he fired in a volley in hopes that the projectiles embed themselves in the mech's various openings.

Sykper

02-10-2013

"Yea yea...just let me concentrate..."

Glass gets his stance normalized and puts his sword forward as he takes deep breaths. His utter focus was to take out every missle with precision and timing of the gods. It helps that he can move faster if he calls his blade to do so, but never at the speed to slice that many times in a mere second or two. This would probably hurt a lot...

The volley was moot as the Professor's own tendrils dangling behind it went forward and blocked each spike, the spikes stuck into the somewhat organic 'hair' if you would of the beast. However it was already accustomed to Phantom's style, and immediately proceeded to whip the spikes off its tendrils down to the burning abyss below-

"I will...break you...Ha..Ha.....HAHA...."

Gormok immediately reacted, knowing what was to come. With whatever strength he had left in the moment his eye flickered and shown brightly, firing a powerful laser straight at the Voidmech! The machine was in turn beginning to raise its cannon when it noticed. It promptly lifted its free arm as a shield-

"Fire whatever you got! Now!" The Lizard cried out, as his vision could see the lift nearing the exit platform, a stable rise amidst a chaotic land!