Broken Glass (Void Story, Very Closed RP, Hide the children!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShadowOfChaos

02-02-2013

Phantom placed more force on the chains to result with links between the chains snapping. The more links broken gave him room to move. All the swords that were trapped now pushed outward before launching forward in a flock to free themselves. Phantom stood with parts of his armor broken and leaking shadows but he was slightly laughing now. He jumped back a bit to have some distance.

"Glass took the words right out of my mouth so I'll have to retort with my back-up. I'll die..just not before you."

The swarm of blades danced in unison around him in formation as he held Damnation up. With great control, the blades' formation expanded into more complex movements getting into positon. All of this happening with great haste and ending with Phantom standing in a stance that mimics a samurai's as he is about to cut down his opponent. Finally it was...Judgement time, and the dark, violet No-Dachi glowed ever darker. A rain of swords fell upon the mech with precision while Phantom sprinted forward to obliterate his foe with a storm of slashes.

Sykper

02-02-2013

"Haha..."

Glass's eyes narrowed a bit with the calm laughter of the Professor in his machine, about to suffer attacks from the front and back. Nevertheless, Glass dashed forward at the same time as Phantom-

"You two forget..."

Suddenly, right before Phantom's swords landed a potent shield rose up and protected the Professor from each blade, lightning surged from the ground up!

"That THIS IS MY DOMAIN!!"

Phantom's would-be first slash of the combination he had in store was grabbed by the free hand, and Glass's blade didn't meet its mark rather, the cannon intercepted him with a blow from the side. Glass felt several ribs on his right side breaking-

"Geh?!"

Glass goes flying another direction, to Phantom's right! Suddenly, the cannon that was aimed previously at Gormok...was now aimed at Glass, the lights on it were fully lit! Glass appears to be slowly getting up, using his blade as leverage-

"What will you do human?"

Phantom at this distance sees the glow of the cannon, he could intercept it, or press his attack...he has only seconds to choose!!!

TheShadowOfChaos

02-03-2013

Phantom remembered the whole reason for him to be here was to help Glass. He was not going to lose that guy as well. With the choice chosen in his head, Phantom moved in front of Glass ready to intercept the beam. He throw Damnation into the air and watched it go before facing the Professor's mech. Phantom immediately started to gather all the negative energy around him into a large orb in his hands. The orb is aimed forward before charging a beam to meet the cannon's. "I got your back Glass.."

Sykper

02-03-2013

The blue lights flickered as the machine's emotionless red glare looked at Phantom, the cannon was nearing full potential-

"Good! You shall both go together! Ahahahhaha!!!"

The moment stretched slowly, Phantom was amplifying what power he had to intercept the nigh-unstoppable beam that would shortly fire from the Voidmech, the faces of Glass and Phantom both had the strongest determination at this stage, this moment was the pinnacle of human preservence!

Fortunately...

This moment was not their time. Just before the cannon fired preemptively before Phantom could charge his orb fully to intercept, the platform they were all standing on quaked heavily! The cannon misfired and the resulting beam shot above the duo into the sky harmlessly. However good this quake was, the shaking didn't stop and was ruining the concentration of Phantom, Glass even looked down and had to grab at whatever he could on the ground-

"Wha...What?! What's going on? Why's everything shaking?!!"

The Professor seems equally confused, his sensors pick up Gormok, who is slightly twitching, still alive but unable to do anything. 'It's not him...wait, is today Explosion Day? No that's was just 3 months ago...' The professor pondered heavily, he checked his other sensors. His eyes widened upon seeing the status of his facility below him, various instruments suggested unstable numbers!

"WHAT IS THIS?!!!"

Glass tried getting up, however before doing anything a familiar voice resonated in Gormok's, Phantom's and Glass's minds-

"Oi, get up, run to the north and jump, don't hesitate!"

The Voice...could it be? Phantom saw Glass immediately move, and Gormok's eye opened, he was struggling to get up as well!

TheShadowOfChaos

02-03-2013

"AHHHHHHHHHHH, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!"

Phantom screamed out and ran over to Gormok. He wobbled a bit before finding slight footing in this quake. It was impossible but it happened. Looks like miracles still do exist in the Void. Phantom proceeded to move the Giant up and towards the north with great haste. Along the way, he picked out Damnation and used it to gain more balance. Of course while do all of this, he was watching out for any tricks the Professor had up his sleeve.

Sykper

02-03-2013

Glass came back and helped, but both Glass and Phantom noticed the Voidmech still trying to aim its cannon at them. However...suddenly red sparks appeared all over the body of the Voidmech-

'Warning. Dampening Field Enabled. All mechanical activity on the testing grounds to be disabled-'

"No...no no no...that isn't right! Peons! Status update!"

The Professor shouted into his speakers, which echoed throughout the entire factory. Nothing came back...

"Why...Why is the field active now? No one should have been capable of turning it on! Why...Why?!"

The Voidmech seems to be moving slowly, before kneeling down as if pressured, or taken down to the floor. Although the heroes can't explain it yet, this isn't one opportunity to miss as suddenly large explosions blow through the floor beneath them! Flames of blue, green and red surge upwards. Both Glass, Phantom and Gormok feel...happiness flow through them? Like souls being freed of their prisons. They reach are about to reach the edge of the northern part of the roof, should they jump? Glass looks to Phantom on the other side of Gormok and nods...

TheShadowOfChaos

02-03-2013

Phantom didn't have the chance to fully enjoy the Professor's misfortune which is a good thing because he did not want Karma to join the others as well. When he felt the souls going free, it was a great sensation to feel. Upon getting the nod from Glass, Phantom jumps off the building without a question asked. Now he hoped that this free fall would not end up with him falling into something worst. "I REGRET NOTHING!!"

Sykper

02-04-2013

"....'I regret nothing?'"

As Phantom, Glass and Gormok fell maybe a few feet over the edge, in what would be a disastrous fall they landed on something quite hard. Gormok simply stays on his knees, coughing as he catches his breath. Glass looks forward as the platform they landed on materializes, and the driver is none other than their intrepid Lizard, though it looks like his body is in a rough state-

"I can assure you human that you especially should have a lot to regret, a couple instances when we were in the City of Sin for example come to mind. However before that..."

The Voidmech seems to be getting held down by a force of some kind, dazzling fires and explosions are occurring around the machine. The head of it wobbly looks up at the people responsible-

"Hey Al'Groth! Thanks for the trip through the shadow-coated drop you threw me down! If I couldn't move through shadows I probably would be dead!"

'...! Wha-! He said my...?!' The Professor panics inside his Voidmech, still trying many operations to find a way out of the bind.

"Al'Groth?" Glass asks, a brow raised.

"It's the Professor's name, in which he hasn't told anyone ever...and still hasn't. The only way I know of it is if I cheated for the knowledge. Of which I did, none of you know this, but I have a terrifying ability of stealing everything about a person, experiences, memories, and others just by biting into them. Before this guy almost crushed me to death, I managed to get a bite in, as well as-"

The Lizard pulls out a card, its the key!!

"Swipe this. So, promptly after faking my death, I knew where to go in the factory to start...well, you see it anyways."

The Lizard subtly insists about the mayhem of explosions around here, Glass is quite speechless.

"Ah, well on that note, we should probably head back down and out of this place. Not going to lie, I set this place to blow sky-high, with or without us in it! Say your last words to the ******* over there, he's got a field keeping him in check. Fully Voidmechized beings or machines can't escape it. So...say your goodbyes and we can ride this escape platform to the safest exit in this hell factory."

TheShadowOfChaos

02-04-2013

Phantom felt kinda stupid for thinking the fall was going to be a long one, but at least they were ok. Now remembering some things from the city made him cringe slightly. Shortly after, he was stunned by the Lizard's abilities and the fact that he got the card. Phantom turns his attention to the Professor who was panicking. One hand, one finger was raised.

"This is a gesture that we humans do to show good tidings and good-byes, but if you can't see that...oh well." Not much respect can be given to the thing anyways.

Sykper

02-04-2013

Glass himself simply gazed at the trapped Voidborn. Considering how it would perish under its own factory, a very appropriate end to an insane being. Though, he smirked after seeing the finger salute of Phantom. The lift descended and the party was leaving the roof of the would-be collapsing facility.

However, things were far from over. The lift was carrying them down the very tall tower, steam and smoke poured out of cracks and gaps along the hull of the factory they were descending, and many times did an explosion get close-

"Hey Lizard, can't you speed us up? This place is coming down hard..."

"Give me a break human, everything about the Professor and his memories are coming in more and more with each passing moment. My head hurts like hell, and my body is kinda broken up inside from being nearly crushed and slammed against a wall. But please, KEEP insisting the Voidborn who is saving your hides to move faster..."

Glass turns his head, sweating a bit. The Lizard seems really angry still, and he better not press him. Gormok simply coughs, slowly coming to its senses-

"Ugh...am I dead yet? 'eally tired..."

"Nope. Welcome to the club oaf..."

The Lizard still seems really unamused in general, the lift is making progress as it begins to move diagonally now, along a pipe that would go to the outskirts...