Broken Glass (Void Story, Very Closed RP, Hide the children!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShadowOfChaos

12-30-2012

Phantom nodded and breathed for a moment before asking. "First off, I would like to ask what you know of the Savior and his intentions with your...'cannon'? Secondly, are you willing to help us in our little goal of stopping the guy since you know, he blew up a city? This one is just for good tidings, perhaps after answering my more direct questions you want to tell us more about yourself."

Sykper

12-30-2012

The Professor raised a tendril to its cornea, as if mimicing 'thinking'-

"Hmm, let's see. Tall dark and scary, has a 'better than you' attitude, and a godly presence? Can't stand the guy but he did help me solve the formula for making this wonderful Voidtech! The only thing I, as a immoral scientist had to do was give him something to really get some world called Valoran in a bind. So, I gave him that!"

Upon hearing about helping Phantom/Lizard, he chuckles-

"Why should I care? As long as he doesn't blow up my factory, I don't care if he razes the entire Void to the ground, though even with that cannon that would be difficult, considering how far the Void goes! Although if it does make you feel better, I just gave them the last piece of our deal with some 'minor' software for the cannon. I am free to do as I please! ...and what's that? About myself? Well, I was manifested from the moral dilemmas of higher intellect minds, who can't decide between going forward with a particular science or saving face! Why care about 'rights' of the experimental material?"

The insane ramblings of the Professor provide a lot of feedback...most of it unwanted...

TheShadowOfChaos

12-30-2012

Phantom stood stroking his forehead in a bit of worry that this trip may be all for nothing. "Well then I want to ask one last little thing, do you have any...experimental weapons or things like that which you would like to see me test on my unfortunate enemies..for the benefit of science?"

Sykper

12-30-2012

"Oh, you can almost read my mind. But, you see I deal in two areas, creating Voidtech, and infusing it into individuals, completely devoiding them of their selfs. Let's say you would probably lose your soul if I gave you anything."

A sparkle glanced off the cornea, as if really wanting to do that to the human in front of him...but he has other plans. The Lizard however, poses a different question-

"Then, is there a safe way to get inside the Cannon? You at least owe us that much information..."

The Cornea widens its eye-

"My impenetrable cannon? With more guns, rockets, lasers, and anti-personal traps than there are men in a city? You dare to suggest a flaw- Yes, yes there is one intended fault in the design."

During the course of the Professor's supposed rant he admits a mistake? Considering the insanity of such a Voidborn, this doesn't really surprise the Lizard that much...

TheShadowOfChaos

12-30-2012

"I never would've thought a creature like you would've have an intended fault with a weapon like that. Mind..going into detail about the flaw." He was still quite curious of the Professor and how his mind worked.

Sykper

12-30-2012

"Mmmm, sure! I see no reason since you have come thus far."

Suddenly, above the Lizard and Phantom a holographic blue image of the Apocalypse Cannon appears! It is far larger than the hologram shown in Grandma's place-

"Here is my beloved cannon, beautiful isn't it? The size of a small city inside, the corridors brimming with defense systems rivaling the outside. The Savior managed to bring his entourage, consisting of Voidborn both reanimated and voidtech-imbued. Any single one of them would outmatch your world's standard warrior, and theoritically this Voidborn clad in dark nether armor intends to start up something..."

The hologram zooms in on the large crystal laser itself at the end, and within is a chamber that looks similar to a throne, above it a control center?

"The main control room for the cannon, the 'brain' of it all if I had to put it into words. Here, the cannon converts Pure Nether and Void into a powerful beam, one as you have experienced capable of easily wiping away a city."

It zooms in more towards the center, on a specific console-

"And here is the head console, see that interesting looking reader that looks like a key can slide into it? That is the 'dismantle' switch. I am not foolish enough to have a self-destruct switch, lest the resulting explosion could tear apart the fabric of space, time and dimension! No, rather if a certain key were 'inserted' here...the cannon would begin to as the name suggests, disarm, and dismantle itself into harmless and eventually useless components that will fade into the Nether..."

Phantom sees an emerald flash near the Professor, a weird card is held in one of its tentacles-

"Oh? What is this? How did this key get in my grasp? Yes! This is the 'dismantle' key! What's more, it is no different than a normal identification card for 'friendly' by the Apocalypse Cannon. The party holding this key can near the cannon without being shot at from the outside!"

The Lizard eyes the key specifically...then realizes something-

'Wait, something is wrong, this guy is telling us an awful lot for guests, I don't care how insane he is...this feels wrong...'

TheShadowOfChaos

12-30-2012

Phantom listened and observed as one would when learning about their enemies. Seems even if one were to get pass the defenses, an army of voidborn will still be standing in his way. "Professor, you wouldn't by the chance be telling us all of this so we can put up a good show for you. Seeing how entertained you seemed when I took out Tro-Ogau. If that is what you have planned, would you mind handing us the Dismantle Key."

Sykper

12-31-2012

"Tut-Tut-Tut, if I had wanted to give you the key willingly, I would have done so in the data room. I brought you two here as independant variables. See, I am in the midst of an experiment, one so diverse I need a sample of powerful individuals to survive...maybe."

A clicking noise was heard nearby the two, as panels opened up in the floor. The noise of something similar to an elevator begins to move.

"A question for you two, what do you get when you cross necromancy, voidtech, and a few Voidborn who naturally fuse together, and force them to do so?"

TheShadowOfChaos

01-01-2013

"A really angry voidtech, undead juggernaut?" Of course Phantom was not really surprised by the sudden appearance of this final trial...or rather experiment. He raised the shadows like a cloak before forming it into long, deformed tendrils that floated around him. "By the way, Lizard...how are feeling right now?"

Sykper

01-01-2013

{{ Deep Crimson Foe }}

Before the Lizard could respond the figure began to surface from the elevator. It was a rather large Voidborn, from the shadow it left through the hazy black smoke that surfaced with it. Phantom could see glimmers of green light reflect from its entire right side, which looked like diamond as the smoke cleared. The entire bottom half of this Voidborn was composed of a dark blue hairy legs with Voidtech pipes, screws and other ordinances embedded in the skin. The creature's other half was coated in violet feathers, with a huge warglaive and a chain attached to it. The chest was completely either Voidtech machinery or rotten flesh. Finally, as the face was revealed, Phantom could have sworn he knows this Voidborn-

Attachment 585181

Voidtech eyes observe and record the foes in front of it, indicators and numbers show a higher level of power on the human. It looked at the Lizard, a much lower power on the lesser creature. However, it didn't bulge and waited for its master's order.

Phantom could see some odd-looking 'boxes' to the left and right of the head of said juggernaut. The Lizard then replies-

"I have felt better...hmm? This guy...I coulda sworn I seen him before..."

The intercom rings out-

"Cute story on this one. The bald guy brings three Voidborn to me, two nearly dead and the other one very alive. Tells me 'Do what you want with the traitors' and well, I did. With a bit of help from a necromancer under the Savior, I could revive this guy and his brothers I believe over and over again for the experiment. FINALLY after weeks I managed to make the strongest brother imbued with his others. I won't describe the suffering they went through, but think about it this way, they are now 'complete'. Ahahaha!!!"