Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The best way to play Skarner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sogreth

09-21-2012

Best way to play him......sit in a bush for 12 seconds....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi2PXyepi1o

Aksi

Recruiter

09-21-2012

How to gank as Skarner: First, gank within levels 2 or 3 on the enemy mid. Make sure you have red and blue buff. Proceed to press W and rush into on the APC, spam Q as MUCH as possible. Land an AA between Qs for the red slow and DoT. You SHOULD have first blood.

Also, Regrowth + 1 hp pot
Philosophers and Merc. Treads.
Sheen and Heart of Gold (IF YOU CAN SQUEEZE IT IN, GET SHURELYAS)
Focus on Trinity, then get a Randuins.
Hextech Gunblade. *THIS IS MY OPINION, OTHER PEOPLE GRAB SOMETHING ELSE.*
FoN (IF THE TEAM IS AP BASED), Frozen Heart (IF DEALING WITH AN ASS YI. or really any AS ****** *teemo*) Thornmail (IF DEALING WITH AN AD HEAVY TEAM)

This is what I like to use, atleast.. A lot people grab FoN and Frozen Heart rather than Hextech Gunblade, I just prefer it on him.

ASYLUM101

09-21-2012

Quote:
Kallana:
Okay so I just did a game with him. I did pretty bad. . .1/8/9. I was using Mpen reds/armor yellows/atk spd blues and MS quints. My build was:

Merc boots
Sherelya's
Frozen Heart
Randuins
Sunfire Cape (almost, didn't complete it)

My team was pretty squishy. I had Cait, Fiora, Teemo and Gragas on my team. Enemy team was Rengar, Amumu, Jax, Xin Zhao and Lux. Rengar got fed over 20 kills which sucked.

I ganked whenever I could and used my ult on Xin, Lux and Rengar mainly. Sometimes I used it on Amumu when he strayed too far from the team.

All in all, I'm not sure if I had a bad first game with him or if there was just no hope due to the team we were up against. Jax's stun screwed my ult up once or twice.

NEVER grab tanks - amumu should never be grabbed unless you KNOW for a fact his team is on the other side of the map. I hate having blitz or skars on my team who are so retarded that they will pull an alistar or amumu into the team. This HELPS them.

Kallana

09-21-2012

Well I only used it on him twice because he was all alone and both times he died. But yes, normally I wouldn't waste the ult on a tank during a team fight.

Kallana

09-21-2012

Nighttails your build sounds fun I'm going to try it. =)

Vejoviis

09-24-2012

Don't go for a tri-force unless you get uber fed or are playing toplane - you can't autoattack for the 1.75 seconds of your ult, you want to be tanky enough to stay in the fight after flash ulting so you can sit on the entire enemy team Q spamming.

For a strong early - midgame go: Boots - Philo - HoG - Shurelias - Merc Treads and Aegis (Aegis is a must have in group 5s play - You will also be insanely strong after finishing Aegis as it is one of the most cost effective items in the game). Afterwards you want to get Randuins (The active is extremely strong because of all the resistances you are going to build) and other tank items (Frozen Heart, GA, FoN [Getting a Neg and not upgrading it for a while works quite nicely]). If you are under 1400 elo/ have no faith in your team you should probably consider getting a sheen or wits end after aegis - sheen alone will give you a lot of damage, you can upgrade it after finishing your other 5 items, but I still prefer wits end.

If you are going for a "6 item build" or "Im going to carry this game" I suggest you consider Skarnold Trumps (http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=27376) Merc Treads, Shurelias, Randuins, Frozen Heart, Wits End, GA. Stacking resistances is strong because it gives you more effective hit points when you use your shield, which you should get often due to your attackspeed. You can zone/tank for a long time with this build and can 1v2 ad bruisers and kill both if they don't have last whisper yet (You have over 300 armour).

And if you don't want to run MS quints (I read something in here like that?) run attack speed quints and 7 armour pen reds to hit 12 and the rest of the marks attack speed. Half of your Q damage is ad, you should hit noticeably harder with these runes (though I like MS more), especially if you plan on going the sheen route.

Feel free to look up my stats, I hit 1565 elo maining Skarner.

EDIT:
Also, please start boots, they help so much when ganking and saving 70 gold is not worth the flexibility that having boots and 3 pots gives you. If you can get botlane to super hard leash you then you can start red (blue if you are purple side) and save smite (tell botlane you want to save smite) and go straight to blue (red if you are purple side) then go top. It is an extremely strong gank, and it comes really early while they are still lvl 2. If you do this I also suggest giving your wolves/wraiths to mid and toplane lvl 1, it will give them an xp advantage.