Season Two World Championship Format

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gouv1

09-22-2012

Hello,

I also think this format is terrible.
The "byes" are not something we'd want in any competition. To my knowledge they only appear at qualification stage like with world cups where previous winners are automatically qualified. It is easy to split 12 teams in 2 or 4 groups.

Also the "best-of-one Round Robin" isn't really something I'd have chosen. How can you pretend electing the best team for a whole season when you resume their performance to just one game against each ocher?

Finally a loser bracket could have been something nice to add.

All in all I'm certain all the choices you made were well thought out and you had constraints I may not realise. However for a championship that is supposed to end a whole season of the most played game in the world, we could expect a little more organisation to work around these constrainst

Cheers
PS: Will be awesome to watch anyway

Mayuri

09-22-2012

Hi Riot,

I can't get a reply anywhere... I have tried for dozens of hours and no one has replied..

I really want to go to the world championship at USC. I was off by one day to muster enough money for a 200-level ticket..
If you can let me know if there will be any more tickets on sale, please tell me yes or no!

Orders Sol

09-22-2012

Where at L.A Live is the playoffs being held???

Good god don't tell me we'll be stading outside the whole time... there better be seats at LEAST!

tubbeebucket222

09-22-2012

North American team all sucks lol. Europes the best

Do Not Towerdive

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disillusion View Post
Group A:

Frost takes 1st. 2nd goes to either CLG.NA or SK. Could go either way.

Group B:

CLG.eu takes 1st, Najin Sword takes 2nd.

For an ultimate championships (biggest event ever in prize money), single elimination is a bit disappointing.

The three favorites are CLG.eu, M5, and Frost, possibly in that order. If M5 wins this, even if they never play CLG.eu at all, I don't think any CLG fanboys can still call CLG the better team, even though they would still hold a winning head to head of 4-2 in LANs. "Better" is not decided by a single head to head against one team, but on how well they do against all other teams overall. You also have to beat lesser teams, not just each other, to be considered the better team. M5 has never lost a match (best of one, or best of three) to any team other than CLG.eu.
Except when they didnt qualify to to that tournament in Vegas I think

KahunaKid

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
Winning LoL championship = Winning Survivor/The Amazing Race.
Except their are 5 of you plus managers

Hotdogs

09-22-2012

system is not fair
they just shafted the koreans

HerbsPls

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
Regional Byes were determined at a live draw during the Korean Finals last night.
So I assume that means South American teams don't matter based on the fact you have no information on it or Riot doesn't have the money to include them in the formatting since you totally ignored the Brazillian Server question. That's fine though. Thanks for the response.

Also you may have not understood the Regional Bye question. I mean, the top team in the other conferences/tournaments got to avoid group stage unlike the Korean teams.

LadyAzalea

09-22-2012

I'm really looking forward to this Championship! Question though... do you have any idea when the Finals stream will be aired? (I think it's usually like 1 or 2 pm your time? But that's usually been on days with more than one final match I think). I'm so nerdy I want to schedule my way around the Championship if I can... I just need to know as far in advance as possible.

Yohan Leafheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
There will be streams in a number of different languages. We're finalizing the details there and will share it with you when we can.
Are you guys planning on a Brazilian Portuguese stream? Although I will watch in English anyway (I like Phreak's commentary), it would be nice to have one I think, and important for the growing community