RP Price Reductions: Swain, Trundle, Rammus, Kassadin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2Ponies1Apple

09-23-2012

Scumbag riot showing their chinese side, super cheapness gj

NyxStele

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for these particular RP price reductions is to understand how champion purchase patterns change at different price points. Once we have enough data, I will propose a long term price structure for champions that covers both RP & IP. The overriding goal is to find the best price structure for both players and Riot.

Champion IP price reductions were restarted 17 days ago after a long hiatus, and the fact that we decided to reduce RP prices today does NOT mean that we are no longer looking at IP prices.

-Hippalus
Well obviously 4800IP, and 3150IP champs should be cheaper at RP prices than 6300IP champs. You don't really need data to figure that out. It's always been wrong.

Glad to see it might finally be changing, but really, it's way past due.

Dong Man

Master Recruiter

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last exile View Post
riot games is a great company but i'm not impressed with how the champions all cost 6300 ip. If there is anything that players truly want its cheaper champions (ip). Well, on a personal level, i think it would be nice if nidalee got some love. Her model/animations are old and probably the blockiest looking in the game. Her picture hasnt changed at all (not that i mind, the new tryn picture is not to my tastes) and she hasnt seen a new skin in... Well, a long time. No more teemo skins!

Edit: I have spent a lot of money on rp over the years but only rarely have i purchased champions with them. Usually when i did it was a double bundle or something like that. I believe that i have only actually bought a champion with riot points once, maybe twice after two years of playing this game. The vast majority of my riot points goes into buying new skins; i love the different looks the champions can have and i'm a bit of an addict when it comes to kog maw skins. I think i own 3 or 4 of them which goes against my policy of only buying one skin per champion. But hey, better skins keep coming out! I'm not an addict... I swear! Just one more skin... My point with this edit is to reinforce the view that most players don't actually buy champions with rp. I could be wrong of course, only riot games has access to the demographics but most of my friends spend riot points on skins and only rarely on champions. Therefore this rp reduction, which might end up in a few more players buying the champion and making riot money (this is good, riot is a business afterall) doesnt have quite as great an effect as the promoters of it thought it would. I had the thought a long time ago that for every 6300 point champion that comes out from now on, the oldest 6300 point champion gets reduced in price. Or the oldest 3150 point champion or etc. Unfortuneatly either no one read my post or nobody cared. I would ask that everyone who objects to this post by riot games do so politely; riot games is still an amazing company thats built a (mostly) free game for us all to play.
this ^

HeroicCookie

09-23-2012

In honor of Rammus price reduction, this is now a Rammus thread.

OK

Zalotone

09-23-2012

do people even buy 3150 champs with RP? And what happened to IP reductions that benefit the whole community?

^
Completely take this back
So i read the posts and now i do get it. Hip is actually a really nice rioter and he seems to be trying to work with us to lower RP AND IP prices, so i am happy because
1. Its still a price reduction, even if they barely reduced it, so be grateful because that 100 extra RP adds up
2. This is a small step to making LoL a better game, it is not like Riot gives us this then walks away, they are going to have more of these reductions in the future

This community just needs to be grateful that we have a company that listens to what we say and tries to work with us

SilverGuard

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This week we’re continuing to reduce prices on classic champions to bring you more affordable options at Champion Select and to test different RP prices for 4800 and 3150 IP champions. If you’ve got some RP in the bank, you’ll be pleased to know that we’re slashing RP costs on Swain, Trundle, Rammus, and Kassadin. Whether you prefer top, mid, or jungle, you can save some cash when you add any of these awesome champions to your roster.

************************************************** ************************************************** *

These are permanent price cuts, so bear these gold standards in mind the next time you find yourself browsing for a new champion. And keep looking out for more RP and IP price reductions to come. We’ll see you on the Fields of Justice!
GREAT! now lets start bringing down the IP cost of all these 6.3k champs we have! *derp*
preciate the *rp* cost reduction and all but for the love of all that demacian, reduce a bunch of the high costing ones for us poor folks that spend our money trying to keep our house and internet so we can play this great game!

Aginor2

09-24-2012

nice to see some rp reductions in the house

GodEmperorLetoII

09-24-2012

lolRiot

Reiji Ozora

09-24-2012

People don't pay RP for the champions that cost less because the RP is not equivalent. If you charge 975 for champions that cost 6300 ip, people want to see 487 RP for 3150 champions and something like 250 RP for 1350 ip champions and 100 RP for the 450 ip champions. The fact that 450 IP champions are being sold for 260 RP while 6300 champions are being sold for 975 RP means that someone can spend more RP on 4 of the cheap champions than on an expensively-priced IP champion. There are 10 champions that cost 450 IP. This means that this would cost more than 2 expensive champions in terms of RP to buy all 10 cheap champions. However, when spending IP a person can get all 10 of these champions for less than 1 of the expensive champs.

Looking at it this way, the community is spending around 3 times (actually, it is more than 3 times) the money in relation to the RP-IP imbalance when buying these cheap champions when compared to the expensive champions, people are going to use IP for the cheap champions and are more likely to use RP for only the expensive champions. If you want to encourage people to spend RP on all champion levels, you will need to lower the RP for the cheaper ones to more closely match the RP per IP of the more expensive champions.

Because, let's face it. People can easily get a 450 IP champion in 2-3 days with just one game a day and people are satisfied with getting champions that fast. And people still find it easy to wait it out on the 1350 IP champions as that takes only a week of light gaming. 3150 champs start to test the patience of people and people really don't like sitting around collecting 6300 through games. However, the RP-IP imbalance is what prevents people from spending on the 3150 champs.

So here it is. If you want people to spend more in the long term and not just a short burst of a few days for when you lower the RP on champions a bit, make the RP cost of 3150 champions 487. Half the RP for a champion that costs half the IP - otherwise, people will just feel that they are getting ripped off by the comparatively high RP cost.

If a player wants to get both Akali and Zyra, for example, both these champs cost 975 RP. However, Akali costs 3150 IP while Zyra costs 6300. No one wants to feel like they are paying "double" what a champion is worth. Therefore, Akali will not produce much in the way of RP sales, even were she as popular right now as Zyra.

TimeWhisp

09-24-2012

He's doing the right thing. It's better for him to start off with not enough of a price reduction than too much. Remember you can't take back too good of a deal without enormous backlash. I think he is eventually going to streamline the RP/IP cost so that each champions IP cost reflects its RP cost. Right now it doesn't make sense that a 3,150IP champion is worth as much in RP as a 6,300IP champion. This is definitely a step in the right direction for Riot to try and solve these oddball price discrepancies.