RP Price Reductions: Swain, Trundle, Rammus, Kassadin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagami

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemoo View Post
They went from ip reductions to ip and rp reductions to just rp reductions. RIOT AT WORK THANKS HIPPALUS THIS SURE WILL HELP US.
These champs were already IP not 6300 IP champs, but still 975 RP which Riot is changing as part of their marketing planning rather just reducing IP when lowering new ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8jakers View Post
i just bought swain with RP just over a week ago, i heard they give the difference back. is that true?
Last 2 weeks should get refunded the difference.

lordzenchi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Aw for a second I thought it said IP not RP lol... >.<

PhunkieCruxy

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Frog View Post
I took the time to log in just to downvote this.
Same^

Confused at the odd prices and why they're not significant in any way.
Wouldn't buy swain or trundle at full normal, and these prices aren't any better.

It's like when an item in a real store has a 5% discount, just why do it in the first place?

Werewolfdude

09-21-2012

I think the point of this was to make it so champs that aren't 6300 IP don't cost the same amount of RP as them. Makes perfect sense really.

Nekrotik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for these particular RP price reductions is to understand how champion purchase patterns change at different price points. Once we have enough data, I will propose a long term price structure for champions that covers both RP & IP. The overriding goal is to find the best price structure for both players and Riot.
An interesting experiment. Does this mean that the pricing structure in RP may, if data supports it, be rescaled to more closely mirror the IP price? That can only be good, at least for those that pay money for their champions (as I have done once or twice).

I'm not sure how people feel baited in by 'RP Price Reductions' as a title though. Lots of people coming in saying this was deceptive, but I don't see it.

EDIT: I did not accept the Summoner's Code, and I can't unaccept it! What is this nonsense?!

VriskaSpider

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

The main reason for these particular RP price reductions is to understand how champion purchase patterns change at different price points. Once we have enough data, I will propose a long term price structure for champions that covers both RP & IP. The overriding goal is to find the best price structure for both players and Riot.

Champion IP price reductions were restarted 17 days ago after a long hiatus, and the fact that we decided to reduce RP prices today does NOT mean that we are no longer looking at IP prices.

-Hippalus
Thank you Hippalus for all your hard work I appreciate you testing the water like this. You have my support and I think you're doing a great job thus far. People just expect massive things fast, but some of us on here understand things take time and while we all love LoL, we don't expect massive discounts on things that are already not very pricey.

Illyriomysterio

09-21-2012

This community reaction is why we can't have nice things.

Scimatth7

09-21-2012

Not sure why you got downvoted for this...it makes perfect sense to test different rp prices at 4800 and 3150.

XianL

09-21-2012

Hey Hippalus. I'm sorry on behalf of the reasonable and observant LoL playerbase that you have to deal with 15+ pages flush with idiotic complaints. Thanks for the RP price reductions, and we wish your experiments well.

Crsh

09-21-2012

All of my disappointment.

Thanks for trying though, Hip. It's nice to know that the community is at least being heard.