RP Price Reductions: Swain, Trundle, Rammus, Kassadin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mal the Red

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardoroth View Post
Caitlyn Maokai 4800/790.. Swain/Trundle 4800/850.. looks inconsistent and confusing :| I look foward to more from the new eCommerce though, any reduction or making RP a more viable choice for more champions is good news.
This guy gets it.

If I didn't have any of those champs. Which ones would I rather buy, the ones that cost more RP? Or the ones that cost less RP?

Sevorast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Amazing how bad Riot is at this sort of thing, when they do so well with most other things. They just can't seem to grasp what we want, and are willing to accept, as far as RP/IP and pricing in general.

BerserkInferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop K View Post
Thought it was IP reductions..
I believe this is for their new scaling.

hebble

09-21-2012

Everyone hates this, but let me just say that I appreciate you guys taking a look at this issue. While I'm not planning on buying any of these champions, I hope that this reduction works and you will do more of them.

HunterHagen

09-21-2012

I understand, these are hard times. Go ahead and don't slash IP prices and tempt us to buy RP for those cuts.

But only shaving $0.75~$1?

Don't be a-holes, Riot. Intentionally keeping the RP just high enough so that the $5 deal isn't enough is such a distasteful move. Are you going to make all these players draw bears for you?

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeninth View Post
I think Hippalus is doing a great job since coming onboard so I will take some time to write out something constructive instead of just say THIS SUCKS CRUD like everyone else which is my immediate reaction.

What everyone is trying to say is we appreciate the RP reductions but you really should be reducing BOTH IP and then the respective proportional RP prices to go along with them!

Swain was already reduced once so we can see if he doesn't get dropped. But Trundle, Rammus and Kassadin just have RP reductions and not IP?

You need to make this game more accessible. It's bad enough that all your new champs are 6300 IP but we understand you need to make a profit. But OLDER champs need to be discounted to keep pace or even exceed the aggressive release schedule you have for new champs.

This just doesn't cut it.

There's at least 20 champs you can immediately both RP and IP reduce. Get to it.

Thanks!
if riot reduce price of older champ, ill simply stop buying new champ, and buy champ at the lowest price possible.

Tzit

09-21-2012

I agree with everyone else, this is stupid. Anyone else feel like maybe Riot is a bit greedy? Hey riot maybe some transparency would be cool. I'm fine paying money in game for fun stuff, but at what point should I feel ripped off? I'll pay my share of your overhead, but don't rob me.

10 dollars for a champion? 10 dollars for a skin? The average new games cost 50 dollars some with a 10 dollar monthly subscription but come with unlimited in game content. If it turns out that the paying community carries the non paying community maybe you need to give non paying members some advertisements.

I love buying new toys, I don't need to be buying everyone else's as well.

Fuzen kuden

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This week we’re continuing to reduce prices on classic champions to bring you more affordable options at Champion Select. If you’ve got some RP in the bank, you’ll be pleased to know that we’re slashing RP costs on Swain, Trundle, Rammus, and Kassadin. Whether you prefer top, mid, or jungle, you can save some cash when you add any of these awesome champions to your roster.

[aws2=news/Champ_Splashes/Rammus_Splash.jpg]news/Champ_Splashes/Rammus_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/Champ_Splashes/Trundle_Splash.jpg]news/Champ_Splashes/Trundle_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/Champ_Splashes/Swain_Splash.jpg]news/Champ_Splashes/Swain_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/Champ_Splashes/Kassadin_Splash.jpg]news/Champ_Splashes/Kassadin_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Here’s a rundown of the champions and their new prices:

• Picking up Rammus, the Armordillo, for only 690 RP is sure to make you feel OK.
  • Go clubbing with Trundle, the Cursed Troll, for only 850 RP.
  • Perfect your strategy by buying Swain, the Master Tactician, for only 850 RP.
  • Preserve the balance with Kassadin, the Voidwalker, for only 690 RP.

These are permanent price cuts, so bear these gold standards in mind the next time you find yourself browsing for a new champion. We’ll see you on the Fields of Justice!
reduce ip and rp

John Yossarian

09-21-2012

I must say I am completely disgusted.... by all of the people heaping hate at riot here. A vast majority of the comments make me feel like a am a part of a community full of whiny, spoiled ten year olds. The sense of entitlement it overwhelming.

Has Riot done anything, anything at all, to make your lives or gaming experiences worse by reducing the rp costs of any of these champs? No, they have not. I will agree that IP reductions are more desirable, and that the inconsistencies in pricing are a bit annoying, but that doesn't really mean that the amount of negative, selfish response I am seeing is justified or acceptable. All of the sarcastic comments getting upvoted while the main post of this thread getting downvoted even though it is meant to be a positive thing is just sad.

HunterHagen

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Yossarian View Post
I must say I am completely disgusted.... by all of the people heaping hate at riot here. A vast majority of the comments make me feel like a am a part of a community full of whiny, spoiled ten year olds. The sense of entitlement it overwhelming.

Has Riot done anything, anything at all, to make your lives or gaming experiences worse by reducing the rp costs of any of these champs? No, they have not. I will agree that IP reductions are more desirable, and that the inconsistencies in pricing are a bit annoying, but that doesn't really mean that the amount of negative, selfish response I am seeing is justified or acceptable. All of the sarcastic comments getting upvoted while the main post of this thread getting downvoted even though it is meant to be a positive thing is just sad.
Business is business.