RP Price Reductions: Swain, Trundle, Rammus, Kassadin

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HayabusaZero

09-21-2012

To all the people who are going nuts about this thread, Riot is adjusting the RP price of current champions. Why are all of you downvoting the original post? This is actually a good thing, and if it is well received, they will continue to give us more reductions, both on IP and RP.

Also, @Riot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leistia View Post
lower swain, trundle's RP cost to 790 RP, just like maokai and caitlyn.

why reduce to 850 which is unreasonable compared to maokai and cait?
This also catched my eye. Why the RP difference between Swain and Trundle, in comparation of Maokai and Cait? All 4 of them are in the same IP category, and we believe they should be in the same price range.

Plamore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Just because it's disappointing doesn't mean it's bad...

TheAstronautsDad

09-21-2012

If it counts, I think your reductions are pretty cool.

Wrosgar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

I think a lot of you are missing the point of this. These are partially experiments. I don't know if you've kept track of all the recent changes but they've been mostly directed at experimenting of where to go in the future. They did just IP reductions, they did just RP reductions and they've changed the Tribunal all for the sake of testing. You can only gain so many statistics from lab testing unless you have an actual live test like this one. If you think this is the way for future Riot pricing changes... it'll only be so if it has a successful outcome vs other changes.

You can vote on these changes with your wallet.

Mal the Red

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitewarriors View Post
I think a lot of you are missing the point of this. These are partially experiments. I don't know if you've kept track of all the recent changes but they've been mostly directed at experimenting of where to go in the future. They did just IP reductions, they did just RP reductions and they've changed the Tribunal all for the sake of testing. You can only gain so many statistics from lab testing unless you have an actual live test like this one. If you think this is the way for future Riot pricing changes... it'll only be so if it has a successful outcome vs other changes.

You can vote on these changes with your wallet.
All well and good. But, how (or why) do I pay for something I, and many others, already own?

Edit: Why the downvote? I'm just being honest.

KingofMaelstroms

09-21-2012

Champion price reduction AWWWWW YEEEA- oh, nevermind.

Soft Tortoise

09-21-2012

this is hardly a sale.....

WP2dotcom

09-21-2012

Really? IP REDUCTION PLX!

Seiferoth

09-21-2012

Caitlyn Maokai 4800/790.. Swain/Trundle 4800/850.. looks inconsistent and confusing :| I look foward to more from the new eCommerce though, any reduction or making RP a more viable choice for more champions is good news.

NamKim

09-21-2012

Guys, by looking at all the downvotes, obviously many people are not happy with these RP reductions.

But I am sure that it would be incredibly helpful for Hippalus to calmly talk about why you are dissatisfied with this. Hippalus probably did this assuming it would make us happy. If it did not make us happy then there is something wrong with his reasoning or information. If you guys calmly explain why you are not happy with these reductions then Hippalus can respond back and rethink how he will do reductions in the future.

Seriously, Hippalus sounds like he wants to work with us. He wants to make us happy (like all Rioters). But we need to work with him as well.