Creative Design AMA - Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hunter Zolomon

09-21-2012

1. What does he think of Nocturne, assuming he's even aware of it?
2. As far as the Void goes, how high up is he? Is he more or less an average (as average as an otherworldly abomination can be, anyways) denizen, or is he one of the bigger fish?
3. Can he "shed" unwanted genetic material, or does he have the potential to eat himself into an evolutionary dead end ala the Kroot?
4. Is he capable of ingesting magic and other immaterial things and adapting them to suit his needs, or are those inedible to him?

Greyfauxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Nice name! ;P

I got some questions for you, dunno if any of these have ever been asked.

Do the Void creatures names have a pattern or meaning? I noticed how each has three letters followed by a ' then another word. Do they imply anything(Clan, genes, power, rank)?

Theoretically, could Mecha Kha be made from him evolving by devouring Mechanical things? Can he eat inanimate objects to gain there benefits? Like eating a sword for it's blade sharpness, metal for its toughness?

Lastly, any inspiration from Bleach? He sounds like the Hallows and Arrancar more then cell. They devour till they evolve, then continue to devour as they increase their power and rank till they have a higher state of mind, then they continue to do this forever.

Thanks for your time and all the answers!

despicableMEE

09-21-2012

The only question I wanna know is he a gentlemen and a scholar?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thCenturyFaux View Post
Jax is not something Kha'Zix would be interested in eating because he has not yet come to respect the nature of Jax's battle prowess, but if he evolved or otherwise learned more, he may be tempted to try. Whether he would actually gain anything from eating Jax is another question entirely.
This just in, a bizarre, gargantuan bug creature seen wielding a lamppost!

DTP Majora

09-21-2012

I'm just curious as to the expansion of the void as of right now we have creatures from two different planes of existence.Is there gonna be some sort of war?If so would the void operate as a swarm/hive mind or would they have a creature thats ( consumed/evolved) so far that it has control.

Also do creatures of the void have good communication with each other or do they all see each other as possible snacks or in kha'zix case possible steps in the evolutionary ladder?

FlySkyHigh777

09-22-2012

Being a great supporter of the grand and glorious void, the arrival of Kha'zix fills my heart with pride.

However, I cannot help but feel like there is still more glory that the void has yet to reveal to us. Will Kog'maw's father ever reveal himself to our lesser world?

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

wow, I liked this lore bit a lot! though I think its a bit short (also I'd find it more... subliminal, if Rengar's name would not appear in Kha's bio at all, but that's just me being me)

anyway on to the question!

Would Kha'zix feed off of something gross if it had what he needed to adapt to a certain circumstance? and by extention, would he "evolve" into something gross looking if such features were ideal to be alive in that place?

For example, would he eat a camel if he was on a desert and grow a hunchback? Would he become a symbiote were he to devour Zyra?

n30sh4d0w

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thCenturyFaux View Post
Kha'Zix is the exact opposite of static. He is living change, and he looks at the time he spends not changing the way that we look at time spent in the elevator or waiting in line. His skills are limited only to what he can eat, and while his interest is very focused, it is not focused on consumption. Rather, it is focused on the idea of becoming. Kha'Zix wants to grow and change and adapt, forever; he picks up and discards other interests and agendas only in that they service his endless change.

20thCenturyFaux, actually I kind see where the original questioner was going by static. I think you missed the point entirely. (Follow me down a Socratic rabbit hole if your willing)
Consider the variety of LOL's champions both past and future.
At least each month we have a new champion and new form of variety. A change.
As a collective do you not think that the LOL's heroes represent strongly change?
Could they not represent change so strong that the very avatar of change would be seen as flat or static?

Thus it is not that Kha'Zix by itself is static, but the fact that LOL changes so much in such concrete ways that Kha'Zix Lore page is to vague and static compared to the Lore Background. The avatar of change deserves better.

Question (italicized):

Considering that the evolution, LOL's Lore makes Kha'Zix evolution look stale by comparison, have you consider going into more detail about a few changes Kha'Zix has undergone in his lifetime?

For example, specifically going into more detail about how he became "stronger and faster? Did he start out with only little stubs at legs? Did he have no legs at all? Did he start out with wings, spikes and claws? Or did his wings and new legs make him faster? At a minimum, could you not mention him growing wings? Hopefully you use this AMA thread to figure out how to be more specific in Kha'Zix's lore without mentioning the Void or League of Legends itself. At please, don't feel like I am trying to criticize you. My only goal and objective is to help you guys make your character better by helping to bring out the new ideas.
After all I am just a new player ^_-

Zkaiser

09-22-2012

You say that Kha'Zix has no control over his mutations (which he has to consume to obtain) which kind of muted out the question I was going to ask, which was:

Is it safe to assume that when Kha'Zix faced Rengar that he realized the efficiency and power in Rengar's design and emulated it? This manifests itself in the shoulder spikes (to match Rengar's pauldron), Leap (to copy Rengar's pounce) and Taste Their Fear ( Rengar's Savagery). Coincidence or does Kha'zix really like Rengar's fighting style that much?

This question is moot now but I still think those similarities hold a little weight.

Zkaiser

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh777 View Post
Being a great supporter of the grand and glorious void, the arrival of Kha'zix fills my heart with pride.

However, I cannot help but feel like there is still more glory that the void has yet to reveal to us. Will Kog'maw's father ever reveal himself to our lesser world?
The fact that he has been mentioned multiple times in this thread and others leans toward a hard 'yes.'