Can we do something about AP teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post
Patterns in shrooming? Avoid the brush? So you think its acceptable that because they have a single champ that the jungle is now completely off limits?

And it reveals, even through stealth. And it slows. And he can have 10+ on the map at any given time. His teamfight presence doesnt matter, if your team starts at half hp because of invisible traps that hit harder than most mage nukes.
It only reveals through stealth if he has a Sweeper.

Games last about...15 minutes. You rarely reach L18 when top, usually just hitting 16 or 17. So we're talking about ~40% of the game with rank 1 shroom, ~40% with rank 2, ~10% with rank 3, ~10% sub 6.

Shrooms are 200/400/600 base with 0.8 ratio. Assume ~100 AP at rank 1 time, ~200 at rank 2, ~300 rank 3. So its a total of 280/560/840 magic damage.

Tanks have around 200 MR. Non tanks around 70. CS+Mastery+VS = 48.7% MR reduction. Bringing this to 103 MR tanks, 36 Non tanks. Sorc Shoes? 92 MR tanks, 26 Non tanks.

So Tanks will be taking:

138/275/412

40%/40%/10%

Non tanks:

215/420/630

40%/40%/10%

Do they hurt? YES. But you're basically saying "Hey, you know that ONLY thing AP Teemo does? It should be nerfed"

Either Teemo is going to rip like paper and have shrooms that hit hard or be a tankydeep and have shrooms that tickle. They can't build Max CDR, Cap, VS, and tanky items. There isn't enough gold for that. And the fact that one teemo probably had 50 flat mpen and your EZ was ripped a new one by true damage max rank shrooms means nothing.

If they focus on shrooms, they have zero...ZERO team fight ability. A single Wukon/Riven/Jayce/Darius/Jax/doIneedtocontinue? will global him. Shrooms are the beginning and end. I hope they'd hit squishys hard.

Shrooms were already nerfed. They have counters. Most notably counterplay and oracles. I play AP Teemo...a lot. And you know what I've found rising the ranks? Players won't need to avoid the jungle. They'll walk around my shrooms. They'll catch onto my patterns. Then the ones I've already placed become useless...I need to counter their counterplay.

Or they'll just have their (Insert ANY HIGH MR CHAMPION here) run though the entire jungle...and then recall. Oh look...there goes all my vision and damage that you are putting on this pedestal it doesn't deserve. The champion with one nuke and one trap building hard AP and you talk about his amazing damage output.

Tune in next time: AP Nid OP. Dem spears range too stronk

Besides, AP, as in hard AP, Teemo builds are not effective anyways. It's all about the tanky AS/AP. Best of both words. Now that's scary

TL;DR

You don't have to avoid the jungle. All you have to do is be about...300 units behind the guy with triple your HP/MR and everything will be A.O.K

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
Ummm... lets say a shroom does a total of 1000 damage. That's 1000 damage against 0 MR over 4 seconds. That's 250 damage a second. Get 250MR and if he has no MPen and it does 0 damage! =O
Duuuude... As a senior member you don't really know a damn thing about the mechanics. Which is fine, but don't post random stuff you pull out of your ass.

Magic resistance works by reducing ALL magical damage taken by a percentage. Each 1 point effectively adds 1% to your 'effective health' vs that type of damage.
So 100MR = takes 50% damage. (1 minus 100 divided by 100+100) [or an effective gain of 100% health]
200 MR = takes 33% damage. (1 - 200/300) [200% effective health gain vs magical]

--------------------

Most of Teemo's power is wrapped up in his Blind Dart and his Shrooms. His move-fast is alright (making him about equal to the average bruiser with triforce...which they all have).
His poison damage is also alright. Each 7 AP effectively equals 1 on-hit damage, so its 3.5 times worse than buying AD. It doesnt scale with crit obviously and unless teemo gets some Nashers Tooth,etc, it won't amount to a whole lot. Getting AS boosts poison autoattack but will weaken his dart/shrooms.

I mean seriously... hes not tanky. All his items go into AP pretty much. Hes got 2 abilities, vs a Jax who jumps on someone and beats the **** out of them, or a Jayce with dat poke and flexibility, or Yorick who owns bottom lane.

Are you seriously saying that AP Teemo is better than Jax,Jayce,Yorick,etc?

Volandum

09-21-2012

I would say AP teemo is stronger than Jax, yes.

If people are walking around your shrooms, that's a huge amount of KNOWLEDGE you have there, which is not at all useless.

TCWA Tigerbite

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Duuuude... As a senior member you don't really know a damn thing about the mechanics. Which is fine, but don't post random stuff you pull out of your ass.

Magic resistance works by reducing ALL magical damage taken by a percentage. Each 1 point effectively adds 1% to your 'effective health' vs that type of damage.
So 100MR = takes 50% damage. (1 minus 100 divided by 100+100) [or an effective gain of 100% health]
200 MR = takes 33% damage. (1 - 200/300) [200% effective health gain vs magical]
I clearly stated I could be completely off, for that reason. Thanks for the lesson, though. I am now more knowledgeable in something that wont help me in my life! w0_0t

naotasan

09-21-2012

Protip: Hextech Sweeper reveals mushrooms.

Reikken

09-21-2012

buy oracles
use sweeper on key areas of brush

wow, that was hard

MyDeadGrandma

09-21-2012

Kill the teemo made of paper.

That's even harder!

Orphane

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
I would say AP teemo is stronger than Jax, yes.

If people are walking around your shrooms, that's a huge amount of KNOWLEDGE you have there, which is not at all useless.
Only because of how powerful map + jungle control is in the game overall. If wards were available in Dominion...

konfetarius

09-21-2012

Quote:
Do they hurt? YES. But you're basically saying "Hey, you know that ONLY thing AP Teemo does? It should be nerfed"
Teemo automatically beats AD carries and traumatizes a lot of the bruisers with blind dart.... The AP ratio buff on his on-hit also gave Teemo a very significant amount of DPS.

Quote:
Or they'll just have their (Insert ANY HIGH MR CHAMPION here) run though the entire jungle...and then recall. Oh look...there goes all my vision and damage that you are putting on this pedestal it doesn't deserve.
Meanwhile, Teemo's team plays poker at the fountain while you have a champion effectively out of commission because he spent the last 30 seconds facechecking every important bush because it is potentially shroomed. Riiiight...

I'll grant you that having Galio do that is hilarious as hell, though.

Reikken

09-21-2012

I'll often intentionally run into shrooms as Lulu or Karma if I see Teemo drop one, and no one is engaged in battle