Draven: A detailed Spinning Axe feedback and a question!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Douggie

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Do you get a Zeal somewhere early-mid-ish atleast for the MS and crits though?
Not if I can help it. The MS on the Zeal isn't all that appealing since it was nerfed, and if you're playing well you can be pretty spammy with your W. Plus between the usual pair of Doran's I'm trying to hold onto as long as possible and ideally keeping a ward or two handy, I don't like to use up the slot. If I don't have the room or the money for both, I'll usually get the Cloak for a PD over the Zeal, too.

Ophirr

09-22-2012

I go for an early IE followed by a trinity force. This way, my standard auto attacks will still do epic damage, but at the same time I can kite and do single target nukes by using spinning axes and proccing TF with my blood rushes. This is especially good when running as the axe is very predictable to catch when running away backwards from someone, and the TF slow + stand aside can keep them off of you. This way you end up hitting for like 700 damage + 108 from your passive every spinning axe.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-22-2012

btw, anyone know if there's any good item that provides CDR when you play AD Carries?

Let's face it, no matter how good you are, you will not catch every single axes, and when it's down, you're just a normal 550 ADC with little to offer till the axe is back up.

Also, his E and R is on an unusually high cooldown for some reason. I haven't bought a single CDR item on him ever. But that Brutalizer looks so damn tempting, if it upgraded into something other than an Infinity Edge.

Douggie

09-22-2012

Quote:
btw, anyone know if there's any good item that provides CDR when you play AD Carries?
I'm often very tempted to pick up a Stinger on some ADCs, but, while it offers exactly what I want, I just can't justify it taking up a slot early late game when I need them to put items together, and while Nashor's Tooth is obnoxiously gold efficient, I don't see it being worth a slot on a full-built carry, excepting perhaps only Ezreal and Kog (and MAYBE Miss Fortune).

bruce ıee

09-23-2012

I sometimes get a Trinity Force on him, but only if I'm doing well enough to the point that I can get it before the 20 minute mark. If you can get it, his power in lane is atrocious. With a good support, it's almost impossible to lose that lane, which then means you have a nice transition into mid game. He becomes very fast, his W spam allows him to proc trin force repeatedly, and it just improves his overall performance. Now, I'm not gonna say it's core, because it definitely isn't.
A small range buff would be nice, I like the idea of boosting him up to 575. The only issue that I could see though is his range combined with his mobility might make him a bit too strong. Think about it: everyone that has high range is usually pretty slow, except with perhaps one escape ability that isn't instant (Cait's slow shot, Trist's jump). With his very high mobility for his class, a range buff might be too much. But I dunno, can't say for sure unless it actually happened, which I don't think it will. I can see him being one of those guys that Riot never really touches.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-23-2012

Yeah I was iffy about the 575 range part too, hence I posted 2 alternatives to the suggestion, both meant to reduce the randomness of his Q's.

Vsevold

09-28-2012

You realize the time he spends picking up his axes is the time he's not auto-attacking right? Think about his damage output compared to other carries.

JustMyBassCannon

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie View Post
I'm often very tempted to pick up a Stinger on some ADCs, but, while it offers exactly what I want, I just can't justify it taking up a slot early late game when I need them to put items together, and while Nashor's Tooth is obnoxiously gold efficient, I don't see it being worth a slot on a full-built carry, excepting perhaps only Ezreal and Kog (and MAYBE Miss Fortune).
And maybe Varus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevold View Post
You realize the time he spends picking up his axes is the time he's not auto-attacking right? Think about his damage output compared to other carries.
It's not at all difficult to focus on catching axes. Hell, until level 6 or AS items, Draven can't even auto attack twice in the time it takes Spinning Axe to hit the ground.

It gets even better when you're chasing or running away, because the axe lands right where you need it to.

The Rep0 Man

11-22-2012

Quote:
Yeah I was iffy about the 575 range part too, hence I posted 2 alternatives to the suggestion, both meant to reduce the randomness of his Q's.
His Q's aren't random at all unless ur either standing completely still or really really close in which case they still aren't random. If you stand still while throwing an axe with Q activated then it usually not always but about 90-95% of the time goes right back to where you are standing. Other than that you lead it to where you want it to land. It's entirely in your control where his axe goes unless you fail a trade with your lane or have to run from a gank.

The Rep0 Man

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevold View Post
His damage output in a straight up 1v1 is probably much higher than any other carry out there if ur decent with him. If you stay still in a fight and don't get focused at all on Draven and are actually aloud to stay still ur one lucky mofo. If you get to stay still you don't even have to worry about catching the axes since they come right back to you. But if ur having to move around like an ad carry should be doing anyways then guess what bro? You choose where the axes land LOLOL so your atk speed isn't hindered one bit unless you're not good with him. The faster you click the faster you can catch your axes and continue to auto atk.