eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I have spent a lot of time trying to develop workable solutions to the limited edition skin "problem" and have very little to show for it so far. There are many issues setting back the idea of a skin auction or trading system. Here are a few: Legal issues in different countries. Hacking risks. Concerns that 5,000+ RP skin prices will piss off more players than it will satisfy. Tech prioritization vs. ideas that will benefit more players. Nothing that can't be solved or mitigated with the right effort, but only if a skin auction becomes the number one priority of a decent number of Rioters, and there are a lot of competing priorities.

That said, I will find a solution to the problem in 2013, one way or another.

I will wrap up this thread at the end of 2012, but now that I've been at Riot a few months, I am better equipped to answer more questions more quickly in more places, so the flow of information should increase overall. For those of you who haven't had enough upvotes here to have your questions answered, look for an eCommerce AMA on Reddit in mid December.

And to those who have been hoping to be able to purchase RP or champs/skins as gifts for in-game friends during the holidays, your wait should be over soon...
I'd pay 5000rp for Silent Night Sona. :O

Tayshaun M

12-06-2012

Quote:
Hey all - as I find a few minutes to browse the forums, I see many great questions that touch on eCommerce, but way more than I have the time to answer. So in order to make sure I am answering the community's most important questions first, I've decided to introduce the...

eCommerce Question of the Week!

At least once/week (but usually more often), I will answer the question in this thread that has the most upvotes. The next time I'll answer the one with the next most, etc., until you either run out of questions or I run out of answers. Keep in mind that if the winning question has to do with game/champion/skin design or something else that does not fall into my area, my answer may not be very useful (eg. ask Lyte!), but I will do my best to give as detailed answers as I can to whichever questions rise to the top.

I will start other threads for specific topics as needed, but will monitor this thread for the top rated questions, so please continue to post and more importantly, vote for the best questions!

-Hippalus
I love the idea of being able to Gift RP, Skins and Champs but I am worried that it may be Incentive for hackers to move onto Leagues Turf. I really hope you guys implement it similar to Steam where there is a gift option on the checkout. If it is possible to trade RP, Champs and Skins whenever even after purchase I think it'll attract the hacking community. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we wouldn't want that.

Eyepop

12-06-2012

Quote:
And to those who have been hoping to be able to purchase RP or champs/skins as gifts for in-game friends during the holidays, your wait should be over soon...
Will this include champions that we already own? I don't particularly care about skins I've bought (I've refunded what I didn't like), but I have IP-bought champions lying around that I never use and would like to give to friends.

Tubutas

12-06-2012

With the growing # of champions and total number of skins available is there any chance that we can see four skins for sale per week in 2013?

Subz1

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remuko View Post
I'd pay 5000rp for Silent Night Sona. :O
I got it.
Damn, i own so many limited skins. Playing since beta and buying most of the limited skins will pay off so nicely.
Can't wait for that trading system .

dPlayz

12-06-2012

When will nami be release?

Krow Kasyka

12-06-2012

Quote:
I have spent a lot of time trying to develop workable solutions to the limited edition skin "problem" and have very little to show for it so far. There are many issues setting back the idea of a skin auction or trading system. Here are a few: Legal issues in different countries. Hacking risks. Concerns that 5,000+ RP skin prices will piss off more players than it will satisfy. Tech prioritization vs. ideas that will benefit more players. Nothing that can't be solved or mitigated with the right effort, but only if a skin auction becomes the number one priority of a decent number of Rioters, and there are a lot of competing priorities.

I will wrap up this thread at the end of 2012, but now that I've been at Riot a few months, I am better equipped to answer more questions more quickly in more places, so the flow of information should increase overall. For those of you who haven't had enough upvotes here to have your questions answered, look for an eCommerce AMA on Reddit in mid December.

I'd pay 5000-8000rp for Kitty Kat Katarina....maybe a little more...if the option becomes available...

Dinkster

12-06-2012

Quote:

Does this go for PAX skins as well? (PAX TF, PAX Jax, PAX sivir, PAX Singed, PAX Graves)

ImsoMeow

12-06-2012

Quote:

I understand but I am willingly to pay 5k rp if not even more for Red card katarina! Some people really don't mind paying that price and with the gifting coming out hacking will always be a problem. Could you possibly do a forums management for now where we can trade and they would be issued by you? Also, any update on when the legacy skins will come out? I'm hoping its not going to be the end of jan and maybe mid dec?

Marth Wagner

12-06-2012

Quote:

A few months is all you needed to quickly become one of my favourite Rioters.

Though I just wanted to say, for people who feel a skin is important to them 5000+ rp could be well worth it. I can say so for myself at least. It also helps keep it feeling unique and rare if people are willing to spend such a price on it.

Either way, I really like your replies. You don't cut it short and you always seem to put in a real big effort. Keep up the great work! =)