eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CorpseMoney

12-06-2012

Please give us trading please

questir

12-06-2012

Hippalus why Garena have event to bring back limited edition skins and NA, EU, etc servers don't?

Saruyan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMyung View Post
Why is this a problem again, out of curiosity? You've proven that you are willing to break your commitments: case in point, Legendary skins. Riot made a commitment to all players that Legendary skin WOULD NEVER GO ON SALE. And yet, coming this January, that promise is going to be Broken.

So, regarding the Limited edition skins, why the double standard? If the "commitment" is preventing you from relisting them in the store, I don't buy that one bit. If you're willing to break your commitment for Legendary skins, then you've already proven you're willing to break your commitments. Cherry picking which commitments you break doesn't erase the fact that your commitments hold little to no water at this point.

According to your logic, those who had bought limited edition skins in the past already had gotten value from holding them for so long, so the exclusivity from the time they bought it to the present time is the value that they should be happy with.
they've never said legendary skins wouldnt go on sale, in addition, which rule would you apply in regarding a legendary legacy skin?

legacy skins say that they could come back at discounter rates, while according to you they have said legendary skins never go on sale. so which comes first?

BurrTheCold

Recruiter

12-06-2012

I've been waiting for this for so long. I'm very happy about this feature haha! <3

Stopkilling0

12-06-2012

Will the Achievements tab ever be unlocked?

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
I have spent a lot of time trying to develop workable solutions to the limited edition skin "problem" and have very little to show for it so far. There are many issues setting back the idea of a skin auction or trading system. Here are a few: Legal issues in different countries. Hacking risks. Concerns that 5,000+ RP skin prices will piss off more players than it will satisfy. Tech prioritization vs. ideas that will benefit more players. Nothing that can't be solved or mitigated with the right effort, but only if a skin auction becomes the number one priority of a decent number of Rioters, and there are a lot of competing priorities.

That said, I will find a solution to the problem in 2013, one way or another.

I will wrap up this thread at the end of 2012, but now that I've been at Riot a few months, I am better equipped to answer more questions more quickly in more places, so the flow of information should increase overall. For those of you who haven't had enough upvotes here to have your questions answered, look for an eCommerce AMA on Reddit in mid December.

And to those who have been hoping to be able to purchase RP or champs/skins as gifts for in-game friends during the holidays, your wait should be over soon...

You could just go the TF2 way and out and out allow trading for nothing---ie: full skin trades...skin gifting (ie: giving away you skin you currently own to someone else for nothing), etc. TF2 has this, and it works out marvelously.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
I have spent a lot of time trying to develop workable solutions to the limited edition skin "problem" and have very little to show for it so far. There are many issues setting back the idea of a skin auction or trading system. Here are a few: Legal issues in different countries. Hacking risks. Concerns that 5,000+ RP skin prices will piss off more players than it will satisfy. Tech prioritization vs. ideas that will benefit more players. Nothing that can't be solved or mitigated with the right effort, but only if a skin auction becomes the number one priority of a decent number of Rioters, and there are a lot of competing priorities.

That said, I will find a solution to the problem in 2013, one way or another.

I will wrap up this thread at the end of 2012, but now that I've been at Riot a few months, I am better equipped to answer more questions more quickly in more places, so the flow of information should increase overall. For those of you who haven't had enough upvotes here to have your questions answered, look for an eCommerce AMA on Reddit in mid December.

And to those who have been hoping to be able to purchase RP or champs/skins as gifts for in-game friends during the holidays, your wait should be over soon...

OH MY GLOB!
I will FINALLY be able to obtain Kitty Kat Katarina!
I own well over 100 skins, closer to 200, but that is the one skin I want the most and feared I would never own. Thanks so much for this news. Thanks soo, so much. You've made my day.

Polaris

12-06-2012

Quote:
...Concerns that 5,000+ RP skin prices will piss off more players than it will satisfy...
It might make a few people upset, but if a lot of people are like me, there's just 2 limited edition skins I really would want to buy. 20 skins at 5k per would be terrible, but I might shell out 5k for either Striker Ez or Team Spirit Anivia.

Dynamite Shovel

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMyung View Post
Why is this a problem again, out of curiosity? You've proven that you are willing to break your commitments: case in point, Legendary skins. Riot made a commitment to all players that Legendary skin WOULD NEVER GO ON SALE. And yet, coming this January, that promise is going to be Broken.

So, regarding the Limited edition skins, why the double standard? If the "commitment" is preventing you from relisting them in the store, I don't buy that one bit. If you're willing to break your commitment for Legendary skins, then you've already proven you're willing to break your commitments. Cherry picking which commitments you break doesn't erase the fact that your commitments hold little to no water at this point.

According to your logic, those who had bought limited edition skins in the past already had gotten value from holding them for so long, so the exclusivity from the time they bought it to the present time is the value that they should be happy with.
Where did they say that legendary skins are going on sale? I believe you, I'd just like to see the post to see what's going on sale.

Nerzhules

12-06-2012

Is there an Ecommerce team? If there is how come they dont post at all we only ever see you (Hippalus) talking to the community