eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darrin

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Can't do it, because when we originally sold those skins, we promised the players that they wouldn't come back into the store. The limited quantities of those skins is one of the things that makes them special.

The good news is we are working on a trading system that will allow players to buy old limited edition skins from one another. I can't predict yet how many months it will be til that's ready, or how much RP it will take to buy them (depends on how many buyers and sellers are interested), but it is one of the things I definitely want to make happen for players.
In hopes of trading my Haunted Nocturne, Riot K9 Nasus, or PAX Sivir to someone who can actually play the champ and deserves it unlike myself for some limited skin for another champion I'd look like I enjoy, I approve of this message Hopefully this occurs in no longer than 6 months even though I'm sure it isn't likely, but a guy can always hope right? It's really unrealistic for a guy in the midst of millions of posts on the forums to actually get 2k upvotes on a thread :/

Take the Draw

11-09-2012

Can players with experience boosts who hit level 30 have their experience boosts converted into IP boosts?

Amariithynar

11-09-2012

Quote:
Can't do it, because when we originally sold those skins, we promised the players that they wouldn't come back into the store. The limited quantities of those skins is one of the things that makes them special.

The good news is we are working on a trading system that will allow players to buy old limited edition skins from one another. I can't predict yet how many months it will be til that's ready, or how much RP it will take to buy them (depends on how many buyers and sellers are interested), but it is one of the things I definitely want to make happen for players.
Please for the love of god don't ever limit skins to be unsellable ever again like that. It's just poor business practice.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:

I hope it's sooner rather than later. I was honestly shocked when I found that Safari Caitlyn (her best skin imo) was a legacy skin. I really wanted to get it now that i'm getting into Caitlyn and decided that I don't like Graves thus making his Mafia skin a no purchase.

Eat Orange Be K

11-10-2012

Have you guys considered doing any more special "promotional" events (from commerce's standpoint, I know you can't comment on the other side) to kind of gear the community? I'm going to make an example here that probably means I won't be answered, but for example, I know Garena servers often get referenced for their specials where they have level up unlocks/event and holiday giveaways/unlocks for playing a certain amount during events/special sales during events- such as one day sale that are at a big discount.

Now before anyone says it, I know that Garena is a different company, and run different deals (such as LE skins), but I'm asking about maybe taking a cue some of their promo events. Something like that I could see being exceptionally well received by the community, and it feels like those kind of things don't come around anymore because Riot is "too big" and "doesn't need to promote the game anymore" (both of which I know aren't the case and there's more to it than that). Because people like free stuff. People like special deals and discounts. People like interactive events and meta"achievements" with prizes.

Any commentary on things like this?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophioneus View Post
That includes rewarded skins like S1 Jarvan, S2 Janna and Triumphant Ryze? I've mixed feelings about these ones being able to be traded.
No, it wouldn't. Those skins aren't available to anyone with 'all content unlocked' (Rioters or RAF-masters), as they're completely different from LE skins. Reward skins are reward skins are reward skins, and that's it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
I hope it's sooner rather than later. I was honestly shocked when I found that Safari Caitlyn (her best skin imo) was a legacy skin. I really wanted to get it now that i'm getting into Caitlyn and decided that I don't like Graves thus making his Mafia skin a no purchase.
Legacy isn't the same as Limited. Legacy may come back at some point, Limited won't.

Redox

11-10-2012

Hi,

Is there going to be a name change sale any time soon? I know that in the past, RIOT has removed summoner names that haven't been accessed in a while. Is that also going to happen?

NinjaKitteh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Will we ever get server transfers?

I made my main account on NA because EU was way to buggy/laggy for me for some reason. Those issues have been fixed now but my main account (which i have invested time and money in) is stuck on the NA server. I'd like to transfer it to EUW.

Buk Wild

11-10-2012

Mid November Name Change Sale?