eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoozleDorf

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
There will be another round of price reductions at the end of the month. Cassiopeia and Kog'Maw will be lowered to 4800 IP and 880 RP, while Corki and Anivia's RP cost will be reduced to 790 RP.

We are also still working on a long term champion pricing plan that will add more certainty to price reductions going forward. I will present the proposed plan as soon as I have a little more data from the recent price reductions and I have gotten more feedback internally.
seriously am not complaining Mr Hippalus Sir, but why 880 and 790? That doesn't seem to be fitting a standardized pricing model....

Caladrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Since this is a thread about e-commerce, can someone tell me why Riot gets people to use real money to buy RP, and then use RP to buy stuff from the store, instead of just buying stuff from the store with real money directly? Or on a more general note why companies set up alternate currency systems in general.

BelligerentGnu

10-17-2012

Quote:
There will be another round of price reductions at the end of the month. Cassiopeia and Kog'Maw will be lowered to 4800 IP and 880 RP, while Corki and Anivia's RP cost will be reduced to 790 RP.

We are also still working on a long term champion pricing plan that will add more certainty to price reductions going forward. I will present the proposed plan as soon as I have a little more data from the recent price reductions and I have gotten more feedback internally.
Not that I'm complaining, but didn't you say that price reductions were too costly, financially?

Byakk087

10-17-2012

Quote:
I will present the proposed plan as soon as I have a little more data from the recent price reductions and I have gotten more feedback internally.
Could you give a breakdown of the data collected, as well? If not, that's fine. I'm perfectly willing to admit it's mostly nerd-type curiosity on my part.

Looking forward to seeing the proposal all the same.

EDIT: Heck, any time you want to share what marketing data you can (obviously sharing some information can affect market trends, right? I kind of dozed through micro/macro economics 101, I apologize if I misunderstand), I'd be down for the discussion. Data faskinates me.

kainak

10-17-2012

I have heard that a system is being tested where players can swap limited and legacy skins with other players. This keeps the original amount of limited skins that were originally sold the same as players are simply swapping. Of course demand is much greater than the supply so these skins can cost 5,000 rp or something.

What is setting this project back other than I guess season 3 changes?

Also are there any plans to do something about rune prices? I understand the January sale has a possibility of the rune pages being on sale but what about the runes themselves?

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:

...goddamn it. I unlocked cass like 3 days ago. Sigh.

Wightraven

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malurth View Post
...goddamn it. I unlocked cass like 3 days ago. Sigh.
Been more like two weeks for me but I've played her, like... three times. Them feels.

Ravechaosknight

10-18-2012

Hey there Hippalus,

I was wondering(and I know other summoners are too), why are the ward skins temporary and limited. It's kinda silly that they are temporary in the first place, but to be limited on top of that is just odd. Would you mind explaining why this is?

Also, why not make "a years worth of" or a "lifetime" bundle? (at a super reduced cost ratio like other bundles) I am aware that you can "stock up charges" on purchases, but really, why no 52 charge bundles that would just drop 52 charges into your account.

Sorry I know, lots of questions, but they all boils down to wtf is up with temporary and limited skins for wards? lol

Edit: Hmm, seems Hippalus made a visit to the Skin Ward thread while I was afk. xD

Zeninth

10-19-2012

Quote:

Good to see more reductions are coming. There's also a lot of old champs that should really be lowered as well such as Shaco, Nidalee, Udyr, Olaf, Vladimir. The 6300 IP tier has more champions than any of the other pricing tiers. It actually will have more than all the other tiers combined very soon at the rate new champions are being released. I don't think that's a good model for this game in trying to acquire new customers.

Helen Keller

10-19-2012

is skin trading a legitimate possibility and, if so, when could we possibly expect it?