eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axzarious

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldealHero View Post
There has been strong support on the forums regarding creating figurines of champions to sell. Any update as to whether we would be working towards these?

I think something like 4 inch pewter figurines would be fantastic, other people like the full color 12 inch statue idea. I just want to know if this idea is even being knocked around at Riot.
I have always thought that this would be an awesome idea. Doesn't have to be a miniatures game to go with it! Still, don't you mean 4cm? 4 inches is rather big... Something more warhammer scale or slightly bigger would be better I think,

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-17-2012
7 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo X View Post
When can we expect to see more price reductions on older champions? The refund system was a nice addition to get me a boost in my progress towards my runes and champions that I want, but price reductions are lovely and I sort of expected to see them more often
There will be another round of price reductions at the end of the month. Cassiopeia and Kog'Maw will be lowered to 4800 IP and 880 RP, while Corki and Anivia's RP cost will be reduced to 790 RP.

We are also still working on a long term champion pricing plan that will add more certainty to price reductions going forward. I will present the proposed plan as soon as I have a little more data from the recent price reductions and I have gotten more feedback internally.

Zerglinator

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
There will be another round of price reductions at the end of the month. Cassiopeia and Kog'Maw will be lowered to 4800 IP and 880 RP, while Corky and Anivia's RP cost will be reduced to 790 RP.

We are also still working on a long term champion pricing plan that will add more certainty to price reductions going forward. I will present the proposed plan as soon as I have a little more data from the recent price reductions and I have gotten more feedback internally.
Yes.

Leib Olmai

10-17-2012

THANKS Hippalus FOR THE WARDS SKIN AND MAKE THEM AVAILABLE WITH IP I LUV U FOREVER.
Also THANKS FOR THE NEW ICON. YOU ARE THE BEST THING EVER HAPPENED TO LoL.

Can't wait for new items

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Ah, Hippalus returns!

EFG

10-17-2012

Quote:
There will be another round of price reductions at the end of the month. Cassiopeia and Kog'Maw will be lowered to 4800 IP and 880 RP, while Corki and Anivia's RP cost will be reduced to 790 RP.

Ezrael is older then cass and kog. Vladimir is older then cass. Both are still 6300. Why haven't they been reduced yet?.

KokoPonz

10-17-2012

Instabuying Cass after the price reduction yia yia

OblivionIV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:

Greetings! Will the ward skins expire or only be usable during The Harrowing? Not sure if this is in your expertise.

EDIT: Just an FYI, If they expire or only usable during The Harrowing I feel less inclined to buy them. At least make them not expire but only usable during The Harrowing. Also you could make the IP ones expire and the RP ones stay. Just throwing out ideas and I also see your previous post saying they would most likely expire. Just wondering if that's changed.

Ko Hakoo

10-17-2012

Do like.

I wish I knew more about ward skins and icons though. Are they permanent? If not, why not?

Edit: +1 to person above me for awesome ninja skills

CupcakeTrap

10-17-2012

Hippalus, any chance of allowing us to apply skins to other players' champs on our own PC? As in, "hey LoL, display that Elise as Cupcake Queen Elise just on my own screen".

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2692150

This is prompted by Elise. As you might know, a lot of games have "no spiders" mods for people who are arachnophobic. It would be nice if there were a way for us to buy Elise/a non-spider skin for her and tell the game client "display all Elises to me with this skin". It might sound crazy to people without a phobia, but I'm not trying to be melodramatic when I say that it would be deeply uncomfortable for me to play LoL with a spider running around on screen. Think less "why scary zombie movies are fun" and more "a claustrophobic person locked into a tight space".

I know that skins are player-side: you can, e.g., load a custom skin just on your own PC without it affecting how anyone else sees the character. The technology already exists to display champions differently to different players: I can see Cupcake Queen Elise while everyone else sees Default Elise or, I don't know, Extra-Spidery Elise With Bonus Spiders.

I suspect that this would lead to a noticeable spike in Elise/Elise skin sales. A quick google search tells me that over 20% of people have arachnophobia. Now, this is no doubt an overestimate, probably including as "arachnophobic" people who are like "omg spiders scary! lol awesome" alongside people who have a visceral panic reaction that makes them queasy and shaky. Still, it's a pretty big population of people who would probably be willing to pay $15 just to get the damn spider off the screen so they can play at their best.

It would also, though, be a good way to incentivize people to buy skins even for champs that they don't themselves play: e.g. "I'm a trash Sona, but I love Arcade Sona, so I'll buy the skin and make it the default Sona on my screen".

It's true that we can already sort of do this with custom fanmade skins, but:

• Fanmade custom skins (apparently) require some fiddling around with the gamefiles to make them work (sort of a hassle)
  • I would be willing to pay extra for a fancy, professional, Riot-made skin
  • As far as I know, custom skins don't change sounds