eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UNPGriff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

When can we expect a final solution to champion pricing and IP reductions?

iBest Singed NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2012

This is my sole question to you Hippalus, and a question that has been bothering me for ages...

What is the point of doing RP sales for champions that cost under 4800 IP? In my honest opinion, you won't be making much money selling Annie with RP. Don't get my wrong, the sales every Tuesday and Friday are awesome, but every time a sale goes up I feel like there's at least 1 dead slot, being a 3150 and lower champion on sale for RP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but putting three 6300 champions would create a big void in my wallet! If the RP sales of 3150 champions and less were intentional, and that the marketing strategy is to exploit consumer impatience to make them spend early to maximize profits, I say, smart move, but excuse my language, d i c k move!

If possible, is there a way to get info about 3150 and less champion profits? Like a database saying "6213 champions worth 3150 or less were sold this month."

I greatly appreciate your time.

Eat Orange Be K

10-08-2012

Did they steal Hippalus away?

Apoclyptica

10-08-2012

Have you ever thought about an implementation of IP -> RP.

Now by this i do not mean the ability to trade say 6300 or 12600 IP into 975RP but instead im thinking somehting along the lines of this.

you see a champion/skin on sale for 487rp. You realise you only have 472 or other some obscure and close number to the sale price.
Now instead of having to go out and buy more rp, you are able to use your total rp (the 472) as well as a certain amount of IP to get the champion.
So say i had 472 i would use that + maybe 2000IP to get that little bit extra to get the champion. Obsiously you could add certain things to this as with the refund system such as its only available 3 tomes or something.

However i feel there are alot of people who feel "yes i like that skin, but im only a few rp off and i dont really want to go out and buy more rp just for it"

Zerglinator

10-10-2012

Where is the question of the week?

Timeiron

10-10-2012

well considering that you havent been able to buy RP via credit cards and/or Paypal for about a week now, and no replies from RIOT on this issue, im guessing we wont hear anything soon.....world championships are way more important to them

Zerglinator

10-12-2012

I guess he forgot us this week...Hippalus abandoned us already.

T_T

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-12-2012
6 of 15 Riot Posts

Sorry for posting late this week - was in Austin for the GDC conference. This week's winner comes from page 8...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtrLuckyThanGood View Post
I asked this one before but it got lost with no answer and would love an answer from you Hippalus.

With all these champs getting Classic Art reworks and all the disagreement on which is better every time a new one comes out. Why does RIOT not just give players the new rework AND keep the old one so we can choose in game? (just like a free skin of sorts but only for the splash screen art).

Everyone likes options and it would be like giving the player base something nice for free without actually giving away anything you weren't already going to. You could even make it so only players who were around for the original got to keep the old school one as kind of a way to appreciate those who have been around for a while.

Hope to get a response =) Thanks.
This raises a few issues, most of which have nothing to do with eCommerce, but I will answer to the best of my ability. The first issue is technical. While most ideas are technically feasible, every new feature has repercussions that have to be evaluated and managed indefinitely on a global basis. If I understand what you are proposing correctly (selectable splash screen art for certain champions), it shouldn't be that difficult from a technical perspective, but it would have to be prioritized over other changes to the game, and therefore would need to be considered a high priority problem to solve for players.

The main reason we have not considered keeping the old champion designs as an option in general has more to do with the long term vision of LoL. We expect LoL to be around for a very long time, and per the team that works on this stuff, our visual upgrades are meant to modernize our champions, align them all on stylistic consistency and fidelity, and improve the consistency and quality of gameplay indicators. Keeping legacy versions of champions goes against this goal. We are, however, committed to retaining the elements that make each League champion unique and special, and I will pass along any feedback you have if you think we miss that on any of our visual upgrades.

LesLlamas

10-12-2012

What is your favorite kind of jam?

ldealHero

10-12-2012

There has been strong support on the forums regarding creating figurines of champions to sell. Any update as to whether we would be working towards these?

I think something like 4 inch pewter figurines would be fantastic, other people like the full color 12 inch statue idea. I just want to know if this idea is even being knocked around at Riot.