eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirge Farum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Assuming the price wasn't too high and they were permanent once you purchase them, I'd dig some neat Ward Skins (since I play Support ALL THE TIME, XD). Little Teemo Dolls, Candy Canes, Bonfires, ect, I'd start buying them and rotate through my favorites.

Seriously, LET ME DROP LITTLE TEEMO DOLLS TO PROTECT MY CARRY!!!

KevinDelMarr

10-01-2012

Christmas Tree Wards

Riot plz

lordzenchi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Make it permanent and people will buy it. It really comes down to just being a skin. Doesn't affect gameplay.

Eleshakai

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
There are many cool ideas being looked at, but I need to be careful about setting expectations, because some of the ideas might never see the light of day if they are determined to be infeasible technically or if they affect balance or gameplay in any way. One new feature we’re considering experimenting with this year is the ability to purchase new skins for wards that tie to an event, such as Snowdown Showdown. The new wards could be unlocked for a limited period of time (eg. a week or two) and there might be several choices so that players who use wards would have different options for how to get in the holiday spirit.
Have you guys considered giving people 'milestone bonuses' like perhaps allowing people to unlock one standard skin every 500 wins, or one free champion unlock for every 10 levels when you're first starting to play, or a 200 rp bonus for every 100 wins?
Bonuses like that to provide people a bit of a 'teaser' as to what they can get by giving them free things as they're playing. Things like that do often encourage people to spend money, and they also just feel really cool to get.

Venova

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post
Have you guys considered giving people 'milestone bonuses' like perhaps allowing people to unlock one standard skin every 500 wins, or one free champion unlock for every 10 levels when you're first starting to play, or a 200 rp bonus for every 100 wins?
Bonuses like that to provide people a bit of a 'teaser' as to what they can get by giving them free things as they're playing. Things like that do often encourage people to spend money, and they also just feel really cool to get.
this is a good idea, I was also thinking anyone below level 6 should have access to all the week's free champions AND all 450 ip champions, so you can try out the ones you can easily afford and then buy one at 6 or sooner

Lovedoll1984

10-02-2012

Have anyone suggested a betting system?
This would be really fun during the championschip, bet at the matches and the winner of the whole tournament.
Betting RP or IP is up to you Riot, but it would be a really cool feature.
And of course only lvl 30 could bet so users dont make troll accounts just to bet.

SirTrolingsworth

10-02-2012

I was wondering if there was any possibility of larger sales? Maybe putting 4 champs and 4 skins on sale? Also will we see a black friday sale again this year? And Im not sure if this is your department but are any more skins retiring in the future?

Epjest

10-02-2012

I would probably buy a "ward skin" if it was fairly cheap for IP (1k or under) if it lasted the month. Particularly if they were interesting or neat. Can't say anything about RP though. ./shrug

If it was PERMANENT (or where I could choose it on a per game basis) I would totally spend 6300 on my favorite ward skin.

Velhav

10-02-2012

group of 9 for each rune groups of 3 for quince for rp
ex: tier 3 movement quince cost 2050 3 is 6150 for one (in rp) 205 and 615 for a set of three
ex: magic/armor pen tier 3 820 ea 9=7,380 rp per 82 and set of 9 for 738

Torrigon

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittor View Post
I like the idea, but unless I'm reading it completely wrong, you're presenting the following idea:

Pay RP for something like a "Candy Cane Wards!" skin. Then during the Winter months we can put down candy canes instead of the winged sticks we all know and love.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is paying RP for a temporary cosmetic effect. Boosts are fine because you're getting something tangible for your money. While Ward skins sound amazing, if you're only going to allow use for a few weeks, it either needs to be cheap or it it needs to be unlocked automatically every year and you just pay for it once.
I am pretty sure you're reading it wrong. To me, it's sounds like the holiday legacy skins. You can only unlock them for your account during the holidays, but they are usable year round.