eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
There are many cool ideas being looked at, but I need to be careful about setting expectations, because some of the ideas might never see the light of day if they are determined to be infeasible technically or if they affect balance or gameplay in any way. One new feature we’re considering experimenting with this year is the ability to purchase new skins for wards that tie to an event, such as Snowdown Showdown. The new wards could be unlocked for a limited period of time (eg. a week or two) and there might be several choices so that players who use wards would have different options for how to get in the holiday spirit.
Yes, the first step toward skins for Minions, Jungle creeps and possible maps!
I want a futuristic mechanic SR Megaman X style, DO IT, MY MONEY IS READY!!!!

On a side note, after a friend of mine got his account hacked (that thankfully he managed to recover thanks to Riot Support) I have come to the conclusion that not be able to renew refund token is bad, the hacker refunded 3 of my friend skin and to buy another one (since he probably wasn't expecting that Riot would recover my friend account). He sent a ticket to support do to this issue but in the hypothetical scenario where Riot could not (or chose not to) return him his refund tokens he is basically screw do to an incident outside his control.

KimKelley

10-01-2012

Which champion and which skin has made Riot the most money?

questir

10-01-2012

Any chances to bring back limited edition skins (Kitty Kat katarina, Nosferatu Vlad, Zombie Ryze) like the Halloweens since we are to close for the event. Many people didn't have a chance to buy them cuss they started League a little bit late sadly

Cairnnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Hey Hippalus! I was wondering if Riot would ever sell an account merging feature? I find that as I play on my alternate account with my lower level friends there are skins/runes/champions I buy that I don't have on my main account. I think it would be really cool to add the option to merge once both accounts are 30, something I definitely consider paying for.

Zynz

10-01-2012

I was looking for this earlier glad it got bumped, my question please upvote:

Are you going to be doing special rune deals around hallowe'en or christmas? as i started around january i never got a deal on ms quints and I would like to know if there's a possibilty for some at halloween as ill start saving up my ip for that?

Xdragonale

10-01-2012

I was wondering if there was a chance you all would come back to the new map designs like for new 5 v 5 maps and maybe even a 4 v 4 map. I think it would bring a lot of new things to the game. Which could include the introduction to new monster camps, new buffs, and even a map voting system for which map to vote on. I understand it would not be easy, but it could have a great end product.

Kinman777

10-01-2012

If I were to spend my RP on wards, I wouldn't buy them if they are only available for actual use for a limited period of time. When I spend my real money, I want to be able to keep using whatever I buy as long as LoL server is up. I'm not gonna spend RP to "rent" something.

Venova

10-01-2012

As long as they were permanent and not just temporary, I would buy for a reasonable price. You could have limited seasonally available ones, like halloween ones only available in october, christmas ones in december, valentines ones in february, easter ones in april, st patricks ones in march, 4th of july ones in july, perhaps ones for holidays of other countries as well around those times for those countries, and a set of non-holiday/event ones could be available all the time, themed around LoL lore or champion elements, perhaps some of them could even animate with a particle or animating texture (twinkling lights for the christmas tree ones, with the ward icon in place of the star at the top)

I think this is a great idea, it's kindof like Couriors in Dota 2, but they need to not be temporary (having limited availability seasonal ones is fine, but they should not expire, nothing else that players purchase in LoL expires except boosts, and I would wager not a huge amount of those sell), and there needs to be a whole set of them that are available anytime, updated periodically with some new additions. It's alot easier then designing a champion or skin or something, just come up with something existing in LoL's world and grab the existing model if there is one, ir not, throw together some low poly thing in an hour or so, slap decent texture on it, post it to PBE after a day of internal testing. if animations were required or particles, the process would be a bit longer, but not by much. Also I don't think typical 2d art assets would be needed for these for the store, just have a shot of the render of it, so people know exactly what their getting.

ShadowStormLOL

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamusss View Post
whuuuut ?? infeasible technically ? you are riot, the company that host lol, the game the most played in the world !!! you have the best team and lot of money ! nothing is technically infeasible !!
Very little is technically infeasible, until you factor in real-world constraints (especially on resources).

At work, my bosses will often have lots of ideas, and they come to me to ask if we can do X, Y, or Z. I always tell them "absolutely - I can do anything we need. But I'm only one person... what thing that I'm currently working on would you be willing to trade for X, Y, or Z?"

"Can we do something" is a very different question than "should we do something", which is also a different question than "should we do this right now?".

BooleanLobster

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
One new feature we’re considering experimenting with this year is the ability to purchase new skins for wards
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2590474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorylame View Post
don't do it....I spend too much money on this game as it is and threads like this are sure to give Riot ideas for additional fluff to spend rp on...noooo my poor wallet suffers from malnutrition...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Maggot View Post
How much RP to buy them?

I have a fair few supports, this could get expensive very fast.