eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrShroob

TheBronzeLegend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Your thoughts on Legacy Skin sale? It's been almost a year since we've had one.

Evangelene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Blyth View Post
Not quite E-commerce related but when are we likely to see the next Udyr, Soraka or Teemo skin?

Would it make sense to expect a 'Raka one with her gfx update?
She has a skin in the making 'battle preiestess soraka' i believe, but they made it before the rework and it doesn't quite meet the standard of her new rework or something so they are going to remake/ fix it.
At least that's what i gathered from the forums.
I doubt thye'll make another udyr skin for a while and if they do it will no doubt be more expensive, and lets hope teemo doesnt get a new skin for ages.

Finn the Human

10-01-2012

I know this has probably been asked to death before, but are there any plans at all to increase IP gain? I feel like it accumulates so slowly over time that it'll take me up to 2 weeks+ just to have a new champion, which I probably won't have optimal runes for. Even with WotD its such a grind.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-01-2012
5 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
What kind of stuff do you plan on adding to the store ? You said you were looking into giving us more "thing" to spend our IP/RP on.
There are many cool ideas being looked at, but I need to be careful about setting expectations, because some of the ideas might never see the light of day if they are determined to be infeasible technically or if they affect balance or gameplay in any way. One new feature we’re considering experimenting with this year is the ability to purchase new skins for wards that tie to an event, such as Snowdown Showdown. The new wards could be unlocked for a limited period of time (eg. a week or two) and there might be several choices so that players who use wards would have different options for how to get in the holiday spirit.

Dr Clueless PhD

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
There are many cool ideas being looked at, but I need to be careful about setting expectations, because some of the ideas might never see the light of day if they are determined to be infeasible technically or if they affect balance or gameplay in any way. One new feature we’re considering experimenting with this year is the ability to purchase new skins for wards that tie to an event, such as Snowdown Showdown. The new wards could be unlocked for a limited period of time (eg. a week or two) and there might be several choices so that players who use wards would have different options for how to get in the holiday spirit.
I'll tell you what, I would pay good money for those Motivational Wards I read about a while back.

BRB looking for link.

Edit: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=18654741
Here's the link. Unfortunately, it looks like the pictures are gone. D:

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

10-01-2012

Quote:

whuuuut ?? infeasible technically ? you are riot, the company that host lol, the game the most played in the world !!! you have the best team and lot of money ! nothing is technically infeasible !!

Phyrexia

10-01-2012

Quote:
I like the idea, but unless I'm reading it completely wrong, you're presenting the following idea:

Pay RP for something like a "Candy Cane Wards!" skin. Then during the Winter months we can put down candy canes instead of the winged sticks we all know and love.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is paying RP for a temporary cosmetic effect. Boosts are fine because you're getting something tangible for your money. While Ward skins sound amazing, if you're only going to allow use for a few weeks, it either needs to be cheap or it it needs to be unlocked automatically every year and you just pay for it once.

Epicn00b

10-01-2012

Is it me, or the OP is answering MORE than one question per week?

OneVendetta

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamusss View Post
whuuuut ?? infeasible technically ? you are riot, the company that host lol, the game the most played in the world !!! you have the best team and lot of money ! nothing is technically infeasible !!

BR?