Meta breakers being banned.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

THE BUGGSHASH

09-21-2012

break the meta Bump

cralix

09-21-2012

Idk I always play AP teemo who is much more annoying(shrooms, darts do more) But never got any complaints from my team or other team :/ but then again people these days are weird and ban people who don't deserve it...

Saintshing

09-21-2012

a professional teemo with less than 40% winrate in ranked and a negative kda

Pooterfly

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChatMeansNoBan View Post
Good day, everyone. I'm gonna expose my case as neutral as possible.

I'm an enthusiast Teemo player and I have developed a way to break the meta pretty successfully: I pick Teemo.

Teemo is normally used in ranked matches to play top, so, when a Teemo is picked it immediately triggers an enemy to pick Yorick, Darius, Jayce or any common anti-teemo tops.

But I play mid. Or I play Teemo support (exhaust + blind + shrooms = victory).

I have never dodged a queue (except for bugsplats and I reconnect) but today I was banned for dodging or making people dodge. This is not really true, since I normally offer people in champion select to "lolking me". I invite you guys to lolkingme (tho my teemo stats haven't been updates in 2 weeks. I have a lot more games with teemo than lolking recognizes).

http://i.imgur.com/dhwfe.jpg

It's true. Some people decide to dodge, THAT IS NOT MY FAULT. Now, Riot might be invited to ban me cause I start every game saying this, (in caps, i think it sounds funnier in caps).

"HELLO EVERYBODY I PLAY A PROFESSIONAL TEEMO. I CAN TEEMO MID, TEEMO TOP, OR TEEMO SUPPORT". Everyone goes like "lol...", "omg.." but I quickly gain their trust when they lolking me.

Please, Riot. Do not ban the meta breakers.
(and yeah.. my build is crazy.. but it works very well in the 1700 ELO )

Update 1:

My case was reviewed my the Support team and they decided to keep the ban.

My advice to people out there is to play only Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Sona, Taric, Ahri, Ryze, Darius, Jayce, Yorick, Riven, Skarner, Nunu, Lee Sin.
Forget about playing rare champs like Karma, Katarina, Xerath, Tryndamere or Teemo, since people will likely dodge and you will end-up being banned for being "toxic".

You are not breaking the meta. Don't know what gave you that idea.

Also, lets see that reform card that probably has a bunch of other stuff you conveniently left out, just like every single other thread like this.

NoChatMeansNoBan

09-21-2012

To be honest I'm okay with the ban. I understand the statitics might result in false positives and I got hit by a stray bullet. The ban lasts only three days.

My main concern is that I really want to continue playing Teemo (I had won +133 ELO in the last 7 days) and YES, people sometimes say "OMG OMG WHY TEEMO, SOMEONE DODGE PLOX" during match selection and only sometimes someone else lolkings me and says "hey, this guy is on a winning streak as teemo suppot. Give him a chance." and we end up playing.

..but people still dodge. But that is just not my fault.

Imagine what would happen If I wanted to play Karma support. I would be permabanned by the second week.

Kanamoto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Playing only teemo has nothing to do with breaking the meta.

Masque

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulush View Post
If your words are true, then I disagree with your ban. On the other hand, no matter who says what to you, I would restrain using any kind of derogatory, insulting words, including swearing. This would bring you to a better standing. As long as you're explaining your purpose as clearly as possible reports against you should not warrant a ban.

Perhaps a red should look into this on the forums.

GL

Im pretty sure those ******'s are place holder for Insert name of summoner or champion name here. Otherwise the context of the sentence doesn't really make sense, just what it looks like to me. Also this doesn't deserve any kind of ban and strict adherence to the META is what is taking all the spice out of League.

NoChatMeansNoBan

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintshing View Post
a professional teemo with less than 40% winrate in ranked and a negative kda
lolking hasn't updated my teemo stats in a while. I have over 70 games with teemo.

Big Skler

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChatMeansNoBan View Post
I'm banned for three days, which is okay because sometimes I say a "OMG OMG REPORT TEEMO, hahaha I carried you" now and then so I probably deserve the ban, but still... I'm being banned for another reason..
Bringing this up again. This is why I said you acted like a ***** if you won, because you admitted that you acted like a ***** if you won.

Kanamoto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Im pretty sure those ******'s are place holder for Insert name of summoner or champion name here. Otherwise the context of the sentence doesn't really make sense, just what it looks like to me. Also this doesn't deserve any kind of ban and strict adherence to the META is what is taking all the spice out of League.
dear gods, this has -nothing- to do with the metagame.